Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Questions For The Universe

• Start Topic

E1-AA4-B71-0-B43-404-F-8438-957-C856-CB8
Alice, Shane and Sophie grapple with their biggest questions on the path to finding “The One.”

Original Streaming Date: December 23, 2022        Showtime OnDemand
Original Air Date: December 25, 2022      Showtime    8pm
MV5BMTdmNzIyMjAtZjU3My00NTgyLTkxYjEtYmRl

I feel like they could've just pulled that off as a pastiche (the b/w sitcom, the sailor theme, the game show) without making it a musical and it would've worked. Maybe keep Sophie's song (because she sounded great) and the framing device song where they were still at the retreat (because it was cute and ushered us into the not-realism of the three dreams). But Alice's and Shane's dreams should not have been songs.

That opening scene was just embarrassing for Shane. I'm glad the closing scene happened, though it was pretty clear to me what she was walking into.

I wish Alice's "The One" had been Tasha instead of... ghost writer dude, I've already forgotten his name even though I enjoyed them together. I also wish that poor Erin Daniels didn't have to have her guest appearance in that awful look! But it was nice to see her anyway. I kinda wanted Dream Dana to be way harsh and point out to Alice that she wasn't even her longest relationship and they weren't together when she died. I know romanticizing someone/something as perfect after a death is completely normal, but Alice does need to face that that's what she's done. 

With the musical episode they have jumped the shark.
I liked Alice's response to Nat's picture. I don't get Nat and Gigi. They just belong to eachother.  I agree with the poster above that Dana and Alice's relationship was way too short for Alice to have Dana as a measure for her other relationships. To me, Dana was first Alice's best friend than her lover/partner.
Sophie feels that it's all Finley. While Finley is in AA, Sophie should just have gone to Alnon meetings to deal being in a relationship with an alcoholic.
I am tired of Shane  sleeping with every Tina, Debbie and Harriet.  I mean it was fine with the first round of L word but you would think she would have grown up and wanted to settle down with just one woman or at least be a free agent and not hurt her partner by cheating. 

I thought that was the best episode of the new L Word. I am not a huge fan of musicals but I think it was great how they got to the core each of the character's relationship issues and each one of the acted on it.  While the presentation was a little hoaky, this episode had more depth than the entire season 3 combined.

Sophie feels that it's all Finley. While Finley is in AA, Sophie should just have gone to Alnon meetings to deal being in a relationship with an alcoholic.

I think the problem is that in both of Sophie's relationships (that we have seen) she loses herself in the other person. With Dani, everything was secondary to Dani's career and family. With Finley, everything was secondary to Finley's addiction and now recovery. I hope Sophie realizes that she needs to be in a relationship where she has a voice as much as her partner does; and to some degree, I think she may subconsciously choose partners who have some sort of larger-than-life factor that pushes a partner into a secondary role.

I am tired of Shane  sleeping with every Tina, Debbie and Harriet.  I mean it was fine with the first round of L word but you would think she would have grown up and wanted to settle down with just one woman or at least be a free agent and not hurt her partner by cheating. 

She was married in the time between the original series and the start of this one. If memory serves, her marriage ended because her wife wanted kids, not because of Shane's infidelity. So it seems that her character has actually regressed since this second series started. I hope they continue to have her grow and mature because I'm sort of tired of her constant fears of commitment too. She is a good character and I'd like to see her mature beyond just her ability to have a dog (though I do love that dog). I wonder if Tess is going to be able to forgive her for being absent when her mother died.

God I hate episodes like this.  I fast forwarded thru the dream shit so the ep was only like 20 mins for me.  

Its like indulging some shitty writers need to write "outside the box".  No thanks.

Gigi/Nat have been gone for .. 3? episodes already.  Wonder if they're coming back?

Are Bette and Tina gone for good?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, sskrill said:

God I hate episodes like this.  I fast forwarded thru the dream shit so the ep was only like 20 mins for me.  

Its like indulging some shitty writers need to write "outside the box".  No thanks.

Gigi/Nat have been gone for .. 3? episodes already.  Wonder if they're coming back?

Are Bette and Tina gone for good?

B&T are coming back for eps 9 and 10. I think Gigi may be gone for the rest of the season.

B&T are coming back for eps 9 and 10. I think Gigi may be gone for the rest of the season.

I didn't watch the original series so I don't have the same investment in TiBette that many viewers do. I don't miss them. I didn't enjoy their naval gazing about what was wrong with their relationship and how Bette always had to be the sun around which everyone and everything else revolved. It feels like had plenty of time to work all that shit out between the original series and the current one. So please, if they come back, just give them something interesting to do.

• Like 3