Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Ghosts

• Start Topic

Madam President is allowed into all kinds of dangerous places.   Luka gave the oh shit look to her after she applied the suicide by President.

I do wonder if this was a stad alone movie without a franchise star would the Colonel had made the ultimate sacrifice to stop the nuke. I know it just happened but nobody seems concerned that Jack might be glowing if it was dark.

• Like 1

The most mind-blowing thing about this episode was that the tunnel rescue scenario went from paper, to a team of writers, all the way to the director and then a final edit.  If there were any military consultants, wouldn't they have asked "doesn't this make us look kind of dumb?"
There must have been some production mandate that ordered "Jack Ryan must solve every problem and rescue every person - no exceptions." 

• LOL 3

The tunnel trap escapade annoyed me!  There was only ONE helicopter available to assist?  Wouldn’t there have been a call made for additional air cover? And why couldn’t the NATO convoy just stopped driving?  There wasn’t any reason for the phalanx of trucks to continue on for as long as they did.  They (Jack) figured out the nearby town was the target, developed the tunnel trap gambit but no one thought, hey let’s reduce the number of potential casualties and turn all the trucks around, or just pull over?  

Man, Pytr was reaaaallly in for the long con, huh?  Survives being shot and plots for 50+ YEARS how to stay under the radar, find a wealthy, political connected woman to marry him and bear his child. Then he raises that child to enter politics, finding corrupt cohorts to finagle his daughter up the political ladder, all the way to becoming President of his adopted country. He installs one of his former students he has brainwashed into reuniting “Mother Russia” as his daughter’s security officer, and TAH-DAH, he puts the old plan into play. This guy must have studied Rube Goldberg’s work to come up with such an intricate plot.  And he was one lucky SOB that he made ALL the right moves over his 50+ years…until he didn’t.

• Like 4

So many options not taken.  The convoy could have turned off on a side road or otherwise rerouted.  They could have kept to their normal speed and still done the blow up a tunnel plan.  The could have blocked the tunnel in a different way.  They could have taken out the driver of the truck or spiked the road.  They could have . . . . . . . .  .

I enjoyed how everyone rejoiced that Ryan was alive before inquiring about the soldiers in the rolled vehicle.  Ya know, F those guys.  They're not Jack Ryan. Did they drop them off anywhere after the accident or were they piled in the helicopter with Ryan and Mike November?  What about the radiation levels? 

I also love how no one figures anything out except Jack.   It is one thing when it is a complex financial setup. It's another when it's, "Hey, there's a town with 20,000 people.  That would be a big disaster."  Ya think? 

At least this episode had some action, even if that action made no sense.  And the Czech president is cold.  OK, dad, bleed out.  I'll just watch you die.  Did they want to get any information from him?  It actually makes her look more likely to have been involved in the longest con ever. 

• Like 1
On 1/11/2023 at 2:34 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

So many options not taken.  The convoy could have turned off on a side road or otherwise rerouted.  They could have kept to their normal speed and still done the blow up a tunnel plan.  The could have blocked the tunnel in a different way.  They could have taken out the driver of the truck or spiked the road.  They could have . .

I think that is the same problem. A "US" nuke goes off in the CR and it looks like NATO is escalating things against Russia. Although I am not sure how setting it off in the tunnel is that much better. Like sure 20,000 people aren't dead but a "US" nuke still destroyed what looked like a pretty major piece of infrastructure, plus the surrounding mountain. It's not like you could keep that story quiet. And once the story becomes public it would mean the same Russian response. So how is that a big win?

• Like 1