Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Wedding

• Start Topic

Lance finds inspiration at Quentin's wedding; Jordan questions her work-life balance; Harper makes a decision about "Unfinished Business: The Movie"; Candace and Murch reframe their relationship; Robyn searches for peace; Shelby declares war.

Airdate: 12/22/22

"She's a peacock." Wow, not subtle at all. Good thing this show wasn't on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

That was creepy, Lance waking up next to the ghost of his dead wife.

Wonder if Robyn is going to become bi-curious.

Ayahuasca. Meh, I thought that fad had passed. I continue not to get the point of it.

Murch can't plan a bachelor party to save his life, lol.

Of course Shelby had to be a gatecrasher. Wow, she is definitely flexible for a woman her age. JLo ain't got nothing on Shelby.

Xiomara certainly moved quickly through the emotional stages. She went from acting not threatened at all by Shelby to threatening her to stay away from Q.

And just like that the Unicorn became yesterday's garbage. Bye!

• Like 3

LOL I too thought the Peacock was some kind of shout-out to the streaming service.    Guess they had to throw the obligatory "Bernadette from Waiting to Exhale burning up something" montage with Xiomara.   I did enjoy her character though while she lasted.

Cool that Shelby and Q ended up being the ones married.  I could buy that feelings would start to creep up after their multiple dalliances in the sheets.

Interesting too that Robyn wants to stay in the islands.  I guess since Harper is gonna come into a boatload of money soon, it's not out of the questions for them to get a small place as another residence.

Edited by Meedis
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I watched the first two episodes a while ago so I already forgot what it was, but I'm pretty sure Sanaa Lathan referenced Beyonce which is funny because there was a big rumour that Sanaa bit Beyonce a few years ago.

Nia Long’s Jordan was the one who said she wanted Beyoncé to play her in the movie.

• Like 2
On 12/24/2022 at 8:18 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

“She's a peacock." Wow, not subtle at all. Good thing this show wasn't on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

I don’t get the reference! Can you explain further? My mom always used “peacocking” to mean “putting yourself on display sexually”; that’s what I thought they meant but that’s not explicit or unfit for Netflix/Prime. Thank you. 

Shelby really kept that information from Quentin all these years that he had a child?!!! This kid wasn’t conceived at the end of the Best Man (she’s not old enough), so they had to hook up after that (probably somewhat regularly if she’s sure he’s the father). Wow. That was the biggest shocker. 

51 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The show is being distributed by the Peacock network. It was a self-reference that happened to work because the word "peacock" has multiple meanings.

Oh it’s about the network. Gotcha. I appreciate it.