Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Locked Out

• Start Topic

Tensions run high as Alice and Tess uncover the lies in their relationships and awkward circumstances leave Shane with nowhere to run. Dani lives her romcom fantasy with a sexy stranger until she discovers some serious baggage that threatens Sophie and Finley’s newfound trust. Meanwhile, Micah and Maribel struggle to take the first step into parenthood as Angie helps her roommate through a sticky situation.

Original Streaming Date: December 16, 2022        Showtime OnDemand
Original Air Date: December 18, 2022      Showtime    8pm
1034809_3_3514657_02_800x600.jpg
1034809_3_3514657_07_800x600.jpg

On 12/17/2022 at 12:39 PM, gesundheit said:

Has Finley ever actually finished a work shift? Dear GOD.

"I had to clear out the entire bar at 10pm and we run up a big bill with the fire department in order to keep myself from drinking when I found out my girlfriend once slept with the singer."

Now that's what one looks for in a bartender.

Also, what is it with movies and TV coming up with reasons for women to put their fingers into their friends' vaginas? That this isn't the first time I've seen this is disturbing. 

• Like 2

Also, what is it with movies and TV coming up with reasons for women to put their fingers into their friends' vaginas? That this isn't the first time I've seen this is disturbing. 

I haven't seen it before but I don't get out much. I have to say that I thought Angie and her friend were adorable and funny in those scenes and it was nice to have some levity.

So I get that moving out was Shane's idea and we needed her to leave to get the cute scene of Alice, Mac and Shane spooning in Alice's bed. BUT - doesn't Shane own the house? She was living there before she met Tess. So that seems like an unwise move. Also, I hope they drop the whole bit about Shane being a sex addict. I don't think she is - she definitely has difficulty with fidelity and relationships but they really haven't drawn her as a sex addict before now (that I've seen, but I haven't watched all seasons of the show).

• Like 1

How many episodes are there in this season? Cause I kind of need for this show to be done already. 

I appreciate that Shane and Tess had an actual grown-up conversation while they were stuck out there. That was pretty much the only one in the whole show. I would like to see them work it out but I doubt that will happen. 

I'm not exactly sure why Angie's roommate didn't swing by the health center on her way home instead of hightailing it to her room. Or at least after she realized she couldn't do it on her own. I can guarantee her that the health center has dealt with that situation countless times. 

Finley is an idiot. 

Alice is an idiot too. You spent one weekend with her and suddenly you're like Tom with the ring. Also thanks for reinforcing just why I HATE going to movie theaters these days. UGH. Shut up. And Chasing Amy wasn't any better with her constant chit-chat with her date. 

Maribel and Michah need to get off the baby train ASAP. I feel like they barely know each other. Why are they rushing into this? 

I actually think Sophie and Dani have better chemistry as friends than they did as partners. I'd love for them to stay that way but we know what will happen. 

Based on the previews for next week, it's gonna be a skip for me. Let me know if anything consequential happens. 🙄

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I haven't seen it before but I don't get out much. I have to say that I thought Angie and her friend were adorable and funny in those scenes and it was nice to have some levity.

Oh, I didn't hold it against either of them and I liked their conversation in general. It was just a weird situation that we totally didn't need to get there! Meanwhile, nobody's giving her the good advice that her teacher needs to be fired.

4 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

I'm not exactly sure why Angie's roommate didn't swing by the health center on her way home instead of hightailing it to her room. Or at least after she realized she couldn't do it on her own. I can guarantee her that the health center has dealt with that situation countless times. 

And where was the guy? Maybe I'm forgetting the details, but since the guy was just in there, I wondered why she didn't ask him for a hand.

Maribel and Michah need to get off the baby train ASAP. I feel like they barely know each other. Why are they rushing into this? 

OMG, yes, good lord. We just saw a great couple with Max and his partner who were believable parents and it just makes these guys obviously not ready for any of it.

I actually think Sophie and Dani have better chemistry as friends than they did as partners. I'd love for them to stay that way but we know what will happen. 

Agreed.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Also, I hope they drop the whole bit about Shane being a sex addict. I don't think she is - she definitely has difficulty with fidelity and relationships but they really haven't drawn her as a sex addict before now (that I've seen, but I haven't watched all seasons of the show).

I do, too.  Tess and Finley are both alcoholics, plus Carrie.  Adding yet another addiction is too much.  Come up with other character traits instead of making them all addicts.  Develop their characters through their friendships.  If the characters are interesting, all the melodrama is unnecessary.

Shane has intimacy issues.   As Alice told her in a previous episode, she gets itchy when she's in a relationship.  If she doesn't do some introspection to understand and work through those issues, she'll keep pushing people away.

Also I hope that someone got her some Plan B...

• Like 2