Type keyword(s) to search

Breaking News: Alert in the Media

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Alert is a procedural drama airing on FOX on January 8, 2023 at 8pm and again on January 9, 2023 at 9pm, which is it's regular time slot. 

Dania Ramirez is Nikki Batista, a salt-of-the-earth woman whose life was ripped apart by the disappearance of her 11-year-old son, and found her calling as the head of the Missing Person’s Unit. Her zeal and personal connection to the victims and their families infuses each and every case, and she helps others find their loved ones even as she couldn’t find her own.

Scott Caan is Jason Grant, a fearless, smart and calm and under stress. He thrived in the life and death world of war-torn Iraq—until the disappearance of his 11-year-old son brought him rushing back. Six years later, with his son still missing, his marriage over and his personal life a mess, he is asked by his ex to help find a young kidnap victim.

Petey Gibson will play C, the supervisor of the Missing Persons Unit’s forensic imaging unit. C is part forensic anthropologist, part art student. A sweet, timid soul, he is more comfortable among the dead than the living. A master at what he does, he is committed to the task of reconstructing the faces of those who have disappeared.

Fivel Stewart portrays Sidney, Jason and Nikki’s daughter, a confident, engaging young woman, very much her own person. Well-adjusted and full of life, she is also observant, smart, and wary.

Bre Blair plays June, who desperately wants a family of her own, but is having trouble conceiving with Jason. Sweet and compassionate, she exists to regulate and organize – her life as well as Jason’s.

Adeola Role plays Kemi, a confident and generous member of the Missing Persons Unit. She’s proficient in many languages, highly discerning of visual clues, and uses her know-how as a shaman to take a holistic approach to her job. 

Ryan Broussard is Mike, Nikki’s fellow investigator and lover, having met when he was assigned to oversee the search for Keith. He is playful, good-hearted, and sometimes charmingly goofy. Raised to the sounds of gunfire and mayhem, he feels he dodged a bullet, leaving him the eternal optimist.

Graham Verchere plays Keith. Abducted at age 11, long-since presumed dead, Keith resurfaces as a seemingly normal, gangly 17-year-old teenager, happy to be reunited with his family, albeit a tad tentative.

Alert went from 0.9 in the 18-49 demo and 4 million viewers on Sunday following the NFL game to 0.2 in the demo and 1.49 million viewers on Monday (preliminary ratings) following Fantasy Island, which got 0.2 in the demo and 1.59 million viewers. At least it's compatible with FI lol. Not a good start with a very bad lead-in ratings-wise, but obviously Fox will probably use the initial jump-started episode's ratings to crow about the show

2 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Alert went from 0.9 in the 18-49 demo and 4 million viewers on Sunday following the NFL game to 0.2 in the demo and 1.49 million viewers on Monday (preliminary ratings) following Fantasy Island, which got 0.2 in the demo and 1.59 million viewers. At least it's compatible with FI lol. Not a good start with a very bad lead-in ratings-wise, but obviously Fox will probably use the initial jump-started episode's ratings to crow about the show

Oh, ouch, that does NOT bode well for the show's longevity, that's for sure. THAT big of a drop usually is a bad thing. Even if it's matching Fantasy Island's numbers, those ratings are still VERY low for the network. Well, hopefully the show had already planned a condensed season with no cliffhangers to carry into a season 2, because it looks like a renewal chance is slipping through their fingers.

On 1/5/2023 at 9:04 PM, TheOtherOne said:

I find it a bit strange that the show premieres in three days and I haven't been able to find any reviews. Nothing on Rotten Tomatoes yet. Maybe they'll drop tomorrow, but it feels like they're not publicizing this much?

Actually, there is one review on Metacritic--it's negative, so maybe there's a reason they're not letting reviews come out yet.

I'm still hoping for the best from this one though.

Speaking of the Metacritic site, there are 5 critic reviews on there now and only one positive review above a 50, 3 are mixed between a score of 40 to 50, and one is negative at 30

I'm stunned, honestly. The first season was so bad and the ratings weren't great either. I can't imagine a second season being much better.

Nah, I think I'm gonna choose to not tune in for a second season. It's not fun snarky like La Brea. I'm good; I have other things to watch.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I can't believe it either, and I won't be watching. More of the love triangle, and you know since they left it open whether Keith's body was found at the bottom of the lake, this is an opportunity for them to say, "Surprise! Nope! More Keith drama!"

No thank you.

• Like 1

I bet the people who work on the show are shocked, too.  They seemed to wrap up the situation with "Keith" and signal Danno - er, Jason - moving on from his over-attachment to his "old" family like it would be OK to end the show there.  This show was shockingly terrible.  I can't believe Nikki will live another season to unprofessionally promise that "we get our babies back, that's what we do."  I can only imagine all of the unprofessional things the entire cast of characters will do in the workplace next year.

• Like 3

We all can predict what's going to happen next season, as well:

• They don't find Keith in the lake, leading the family to start the search for Keith AGAIN
  • Kemi does some weird voodoo/mystic magic and poofs her dad out of existence...or puts him in a crystal, whichever is more realistic
  • Another Fake Keith pops up. The family is entirely skeptical until Fake Keith 2.0 shows a clearly photoshopped picture of him with the family as a kid. Nikki and Jason believe it while Sidney does not.
  • Mike/Nikki somehow make it to the altar. Jason storms in with another Fake Keith, declaring that they should be a family again. Nikki agrees.
  • C talks to some dead bodies, starts seeing ghosts.
  • Sidney emancipates herself from her parents, decides to go on a backpacking trip to Europe.
    • But plot twist! Sidney gets kidnapped by REAL KEITH.
  • Nikki cries over not getting her babies back.
  • Jason decides to take a trip to Hawaii to join the Five-O task force.

Ok, this ended up leading to a joke prediction. But still, I feel like they would throw in Real Keith at the end of season 2 to try to get the show renewed, and I do think they'll give the Fake Keith stuff a break but throw in some other unnecessary story arc, and I haven't quite decided what. Maybe Nikki/Jason take in a missing kid that they save in the premiere, whose family died. I mean, the ultimate plot twist would be the kids' family IS alive and Nikki/Jason just kidnapped a poor kid, but I don't THINK they'd go that dark...

And also, in all seriousness, they'll explore Kemi's childhood kidnapping, probably have her dad arrested for his role and the other guy probably shot dead by Kemi or Nikki as revenge. And we'll have Nikki say "we always get our babies back."

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I'm out too. The acting is just soooo bad....I can't take another season of it. I only stuck it out through this first season because there wasn't anything else on the other networks that I could stand at 9 pm either.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1