Type keyword(s) to search

The Great American Baking Show: Celebrity Holiday

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I started to watch, but after realizing I didn't know ANY of the "celebrities," opted not to finish.  Too much like "Dancing with the WhoAreThesePeople?"

I normally would have been excited to watch, but the preview did nothing to entice me. I don't know who any of them are, and they all seem to be mugging to the camera a bit too much for my taste. I prefer watching normal bakers who know what they're doing compete, instead of "celebrities" who barely know which end of a whisk is up.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I don’t really care that I have never heard of these “celebrities”, but why do they cast people who claim not to bake?  Surely there are more than a few social media “stars” and c-list actors who love to bake and would relish the chance to show off their skills.  I know we are not going to see George Clooney making babka or Serena Williams whipping up a puff pastry, but surely their must be a few Hallmark movie actors who like to decompress by making sourdough and a number of retired athletes who think they make awesome carrot cakes.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I knew all of them except for the YouTuber but I ended up liking her.  

3 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

I know we are not going to see George Clooney making babka or Serena Williams whipping up a puff pastry, but surely their must be a few Hallmark movie actors who like to decompress by making sourdough and a number of retired athletes who think they make awesome carrot cakes.

I didn't get that either but I thought the showstoppers were pretty good.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Door County Cherry said:

I knew all of them except for the YouTuber but I ended up liking her.  

I didn't get that either but I thought the showstoppers were pretty good.  

I actually  liked her too. Overall, they were pretty decent bakers, but the show didn't quite overwhelm me. 

• Like 1

I knew them all except the YouTuber, as well. I thought it was a fun watch and the bakers were  better than I expected. I enjoy that the judges were kind and always seemed to find something positive to say about each bake even if it looked a mess.

• Like 2

I just found out today I could watch this on Roku so yay!

First we have "Hi, I just flew in from the 80s in my Sunday go to meeting dress, Ellie. Then a guy who I think might have been on The Magicians once but if not, don't know him. I did know all of the celebrities except for Chloe. Unfortunately I only know Liza because I just watched an episode of Sugar Rush that had her on it. Not a fan.

I don't think Paul and Prue knew what to do with Marshawn and I didn't either really. I did love that he asked for a slice of his cake. Lol. 

• Like 1