Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Last Stop

aghst
  • Start Topic

Jackson Lamb is on high alert after a former spy is found dead.  Min and Louisa are tempted by an offer from outside Slough House

Oh man that all hands meeting scene when Lamb knows Cartwright interviewed for another job and also that Min and his "girlfriend" Louisa is doing a job for Webb was hilarious.

(I can't exactly remember the circumstances in which Min and Louisa got together.  They're both married but they hooked up?)

Especially when he pretended to take out River's farewell present.

Lamb is smooth, looking for tradecraft by locating the bus where the agent died and retrieving his phone.

River knows intelligence history so well, listening to his grandpa.  Figures out the message the dead spy left on the phone, wins a "bet" but Lamb not only doesn't pay, he uses River's money to pay for his noodles.

Looks like the new agents are going to be good, shown only Shirley in action but Marcus is just introduced.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, aghst said:

(I can't exactly remember the circumstances in which Min and Louisa got together.  They're both married but they hooked up?)

Louisa is unmarried. Min is separated or divorced. Min’s marriage fell apart when he was put in Slough House.

They don’t recognize this sort of performance with Emmys, but Gary Oldman really should get one for Lamb’s gross personal habits. I had to look away from his noodle eating. River is a braver person than I am watching it from any angle.

• Love 4

So, since nobody has mentioned it the flashing vertical lines I'm getting in this first episode must be because my Roku can't handle this broadcast. That's the first time it's ever done that (sigh). If I fast forward I can get the picture again for a minute or two, and then the flashing vertical lines take over again. Drat. Good thing I'm not epileptic.

ETA: whatever it was fixed itself when I restarted the episode. Whew! I've never seen that before and I hope I never see it again.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 2

Jeebus, Min is an idiot! Is he just a fool, or does he really have some kind of medical problem?

We binged the first season, and we're ready to breeze through this one, only to find out we've caught up! Damn!

• Like 3