Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Sex & Basketball

• Start Topic

So is Tatum just gone, like that? I did like how Leighton recognized that all of the bitchy things Tatum was saying and doing at the party were things she wanted to change about herself. But damn, this show cycles through relationships fast. See also, Kimberly and Climate Refugee Guy. I'm kinda bummed about that one, he turned out to be funny and sweet. I'm not sure how I feel about Kimberly liking Canaan now.

Lila once again stole the show for me. "What?! You're into business? Then why the fuck are you so bad at the cash register?" and Kimberly asking her if she won an award, "no, but I stole a Latin Grammy once" ended me.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I loved Kimberly's look at the awards gala.

Her hair was amazing!

I'd love to see an arc where Leighton tones it all down just a little and hangs out with the women's group. Sometimes the jokes in those scenes are a little weak -- like early-90s women's studies stereotypes, but I still like that group and I think Leighton is funnier in that environment.

Bela is really a mess this season.

Andrew seems like maybe he has some sort of disorder? I'm probably reading it entirely wrong since obviously it was all meant to be funny, but he didn't really seem like an asshole to me, more like someone who has trouble understanding social interactions and can't read cues.

• Like 2

If you'd've asked me I would welcome the return of the Women's center crew I would have probably said 'Eh." but I actually thought they were a good addition to the episode.  They seemed more fun than last season. 

I won't miss Tatum. And I am surprised I am ok with Alicia being back.  She seems less strident.

Nice little background on Canaan. 

I respect Kimberly understanding that she maybe likes Canaan so she immediately broke up with Jackson.

As much as I am a lowkey shipper of Kimberly and Canaan, it feels sudden for her to make that realization.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:55 PM, gesundheit said:

Andrew seems like maybe he has some sort of disorder? I'm probably reading it entirely wrong since obviously it was all meant to be funny, but he didn't really seem like an asshole to me, more like someone who has trouble understanding social interactions and can't read cues.

I think he is terrible with romance.  He was so much more relaxed and attractive during the basketball game.  I finally saw some real chemistry between him and Kimberly during that scene.  I liked them together during that scene.  But he gets super awkward when he's trying to do something deeper relationship wise than just sex, imo.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Okay, wow, so Andrew is played by Charlie Hall, son of Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Brad Hall, and I’m only realizing this now. 

And a former basketball player at Northwestern! I knew they had a son who played college basketball, but hadn't realized he was an actor as well.