Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: We're Gonna Beat This Thing

dubbel zout
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The chemo details were dead on. Someone must have first-hand knowledge of that.

Christina Applegate survived breast cancer, but I don't know if she had chemo as a treatment. I do recall her having had a double mastectomy.

• Useful 1
On 11/21/2022 at 3:56 AM, Anela said:

The nurse is so familiar to me, I can't place who she is, though. And imdb doesn't have her name.

I googled, and this is the nurse. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0307600/

Fun fact:  Lee Garlington was originally supposed to be the 4th regular on Seinfeld and she played a wisecracking waitress at Monk's in the first episode.  For whatever reason,  Seinfeld and Larry David decided to go in a different direction and we got the iconic Elaine instead. 

• Mind Blown 1

Continuing my one-episode-per-night rewatch of the last half of the season to properly appreciate what I binged my way through because I couldn't possibly leave for Thanksgiving without knowing how the show ended ...

I hadn't seen Lee Garlington in some time, so it took me a beat to recognize her the first time I watched this, but then it clicked.  I always enjoy her, and Francine was no exception.  I love when Judy offered her any crane she wanted and Francine said she never wanted to see the damn things again in her life.

I also love Jen getting instantly frustrated with the cranes, and Judy saying watching her try to fold them is more painful than the chemo, so give them to her.  It's so very them.

I always enjoy Jen and Perez together, when they're irritated with each other, and then when they have moments like Perez reaching over in support when Jen is crying about her fear of losing Judy.

It was nice to see psychotically-positive Judy have a meltdown; she needed that.  Jen jumping in with the mushrooms was perfect, and they cracked me up throughout their trip with all their random thoughts ("Mic drop that shit" indeed), especially when they'd settled down in the foyer and Jen told Judy she had to tell her something; Judy's "What, you killed Steve?" was hilarious.

Judy and Henry were very sweet, and he's young and open enough that saying he considers her a second mom as the perfect end to her night of 100 emotions didn't feel at all forced.

Now, as for the 47-year-old being pregnant as was inevitable once Jen said in the previous episode she was going through menopause:  I am so ever-loving sick of TV characters who'd have a very hard time getting pregnant if they actively tried falling "oops" pregnant from one unplanned fuck.  But I am for some reason less annoyed than usual here, and was even on first watch.  I think because of the way this will play in the Jen/Judy relationship, since Judy so desperately wanted to have a baby and never can.  That their unbreakable bond is built on so much darkness appeals to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1