Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Glory of the Sea

• Start Topic

I wonder how many episodes the 4 main characters of Sam, Callen, Kensi and Deeks will be on this season, together? 

While I didn't hate this episode, I do have to wonder if they have run out of actual military storylines?  A treasure hunt with an admiral?  I would so love to see something that involved a couple of them going undercover in the military like the earlier years.  

There's just so little to talk about from this episode.  The fact that it is 3 days afterwards and I am the first comment speaks volumes.  

On 11/17/2022 at 7:39 PM, LittlePeas3 said:

I wonder how many episodes the 4 main characters of Sam, Callen, Kensi and Deeks will be on this season, together? 

An article in the media thread said that they were each going to miss 4 episodes.  That could mean up to 16 episodes where at least one of the four is missing.  (although we've already had one ep where both Deeks and Kensi were absent).

I feel like this doesn't bode well for the show.  I remember following a number of shows where in what turned out to be their final seasons, they were (presumably) economising by not having every main cast member appear in every show.  Granted, those shows only went to 6 or 7 seasons, but I hope it's not a sign of things to come. 

• Sad 1

Uh, I've got an epic and novel idea: ask Rosa what she wants to do. She's her own person and she probably knows best what she considers a fun activity. So, make suggestions and let her choose or better let, just let her pick. She's a teenager, she can communicate and she knows what she likes. Or, at least, she should.
Also, could they have been any more cliché when Fatima suggested going shopping? Why do all female teenagers have to consider shopping fun? When I was Rosa's age, I spent my afternoons at the dance school. Five days a week. That was fun and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to go shopping instead.

I usually don't like when a wedding is coming up and the characters talk about it at work but Callen and Sam talking wedding is actually fun. Pretty sure it's because the writers are writing it as their typical banter, so when it would be something about Sam's car, it's now about the wedding. I like that. I also like that they're keeping them in character. I hope we'll get more of that.

Can we assume that we'll get an episode in Mexico that includes a derailed bachelor party? (Not that I think that Callen would mind because he's right, he's so not a bachelor party guy).
I'm getting a feeling that in addition to that, some of the last episodes will be an arc that includes Hetty and the CIA project and that it'll give Callen closure in that regard and will lead up to the wedding. At least, I'm hoping that's going to be the case, especially if this is going to be the last season.

Otherwise, this was a fun episode. I'm kind of glad that we didn't have Deeks; I don't want to say that it was an immature plot but I think you do have to have an inner adventurer to go on a treasure hunt and I don't think having a character who can be very immature at times would have added much to this episode. I think it was good to have more serious characters provide balance. To be honest, I would have been happy if we only had gotten Callen, Sam, Kilbride and Fatima in Ops for that episode.

While I did like the episode, I think I would have liked it even more if it had turned out to be about the Navy or the device after all. That would have been a great twist.
At first, I wondered if the guy would turn out to have some connection to Arkady. It was the singing. I could totally see him be an acquaintance of Arkady's.

I would have thought that Admiral Kilbride would know Admiral Gordon pretty well since there aren't that many Admirals around. So I would have expected him to be particularly concerned about Gordon, and also to have some personal insights to share with the team, but as far as I could tell from the episode he had never met him.  Maybe it would have been better if Gordon had a different rank altogether.