Type keyword(s) to search

S08.08: Everyone’s Fighting a Battle You Know Nothing About

DanaK
  • Start Topic

11/16/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Will, Crockett and Justin Lieu (a new first-year resident) try to facilitate a trans-organ exchange. Hannah and Nellie help a sexual assault survivor. Ethan and Archer treat a patient whose case could expose a fraudulent doctor. Grant and Maggie take a trip down memory lane.

I thought it was a pretty good episode.  I did get a real Olivia Benson vibe from Hannah.  Why do these people think that the process of prosecuting a rapist will actually help someone.  It can be very painful for a victim and some find that it only added to the trauma.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought it was a pretty good episode.  I did get a real Olivia Benson vibe from Hannah.  Why do these people think that the process of prosecuting a rapist will actually help someone.  It can be very painful for a victim and some find that it only added to the trauma.  

Nellie appeared to know better and probably had better advice. I honestly thought she was going to tell the patient she was a sexual assault survivor too, so her confession that she was undocumented threw me for a bit

Overall, I liked the episode too. Can an alcoholic really have good kidneys to donate if their liver is borderline good? Is it because a liver gets more damaged with alcohol abuse?

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 2

I wasn’t clear on the issue of liver damage and not kidney damage, either.  I’m glad it worked out.  

I wonder how much the donation will be.  

Where are they going with the Maggie storyline? Was that the end last night?    She seems confused and I can’t read what she’s thinking.  Knowing how her husband feels about her ex, she had no business getting into a car with him.  She knows better.  So should her ex.  Stuff like that puts you in a dangerous situation.  These situations can cause jealous spouses to go ballistic and lash out, hurting people.  It’s careless behavior, imo.  Perhaps, it’s over, but you know her husband is going to discover the accident.  She’ll probably get subpoenaed to court as a witness when the case goes to court.  

• Love 3

I liked the episode, too, overall.  Hanna made a major mistake when she failed to tell her patient that she could take Plan B right away to prevent a pregnancy if she wanted to, and that she had up to 3 days to decide.  How did the writers miss the morning after pill?! 

I'm frustrated and confused by Maggie.  I have always liked Maggie, but her story lines have been strange lately.  I grew to like her and Vanessa, together, but Maggie was just super weird with her in the beginning.  It's like they've regressed her social skills the last few seasons.  Now, she's frequently awkward and secretive with people, and seems on edge all the time.  I understand why she doesn't want to tell Ben about the accident, but it's not the right decision.  Maybe she will change her mind.  But first, she needs to know her mind, so I hope she figures it out soon.

I like the new doc.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 3

Good points about Plan B.  I thought that too.  Why?  Odd.  Wouldn’t a novice know that?  I mean they didn’t need medical tech support on that. 

And Maggie has been shown in an unusual light lately.  It got odd when she went overboard with her bio daughter.  She’s seemed out of sorts since then.  

• Love 3