Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Relative Bearing

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Hey Ben -- maybe if you want the press to respect your privacy maybe don't have a press conference.

And Angelina heads back home -- apparently her mother forgot that Angelina was "dead to me".

Cal: "The lifeboat is sinking and we are helpless to stop it"
Seriously, enough with the lifeboat already.

The best line of the episode from Eagen as he is leaving prison, turns to the guard and says: "I'll miss you the most scarecrow".

Followed up by the 2nd best line from Eagen after Adrian assaulted Eagen in the washroom: "What the hell ?  I was midstream."

Finally !! Ben shaved .... somewhat.

Angelina's mom: "Get the hell away from my car !"
Eagen: "Whoa ! Whoa, easy there Tammy Faye. I'm looking for Angelina. Petite little thing, eyebrows maybe singed.  Is she around ?"

And Zeke loses his counselling gig for assaulting a client.

Cal/Gabriel continues to make bad decisions -- talking to Angelina over the phone on the sly, letting her talk/sing to Eden.  
Until Ben shuts that down.

And we're going down the sapphire rabbit hole again.

Cal leaves the Stone home after his discussion with Ben about Angelina.

Thud !! That was the sound of Zeke falling off the wagon after he lost his job.
And as he staggers home he trips over an unconscious Cal lying on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I hope they aren't going to try to use Angelina's waterworks to make us feel sorry for her.

I guess it isn't going to smooth sailing with Ben and Cal.  Ben really went down on him hard.  Get rid of the rest of the scruff and the horrible hair, please, or you won't earn your daughter's love.

With Ben on his road to normalcy, I guess it's time for Zeke to lose a few brain cells and think it was a good idea to use his powers at work, and then promptly falling off the wagon.

With Eden found, I suppose it was time for a mid-season murder mystery.  It's too bad they had to kill off that nice passenger we never met.  Even though Anna shouldn't have helped Angelina, I was still a little sad to see her go.

The Jared flashbacks felt a little out of place in this one.  Since when was he such a boy scout?  He can't help the 828-ers if he loses his badge, so why not let Vance play with the evidence?  Vance is still awesome, at least. 

That Registry lady was truly despicable.  Hopefully, the Callings will take out its anger on her soon.

This season's drinking phrase is "divine consciousness", then?  Need to go shopping for some sapphire now.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
On 11/5/2022 at 8:58 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

best line from Eagen after Adrian assaulted Eagen in the washroom: "What the hell ?  I was midstream."

Seriously great line, especially for this show. I wondered if the actor ad libbed. 
Because the rest of their dialogue made zero sense to me:

• [EAGEN] What the hell? (grunts) I was midstream!
  • [ADRIAN] You were the only one who knew she was there. You ratted me out! You sent the cops, and she blew the whole place up! I lost everything! All I wanted to do was help passengers.
  • [EAGEN] I'm a passenger. Besides, maybe you should blame the psycho who torched your private Idaho. Unless she's been reduced to dental records.
  • [ADRIAN] No. She got out. I helped her. I dropped her off at some estate in Westchester. And after all I did for her, she didn't let me stay. Not even for a night.
  • [EAGEN] She's hiding in Westchester? As in lifestyle of the rich and fascist?
  • [ADRIAN] It can't last anyway. She'll slip up. And when she does, someone's gonna cash in.
  • [EAGEN] Twenty G's? Way to bury the lead.
  • [ADRIAN] I'm not giving up her location. No more betrayals.
  • [EAGEN] No more betrayals.

Did Adrian track down Eagen to tell him that Angelina was still alive, knowing that Eagen was clever enough to find her for the reward? 
Okay, I suppose Adrian might think Angelina is a danger to society. Especially if she won't give him a place to stay for a night in her mom's mansion? That seems a little out of character for Adrian. 
And what does "No more betrayals" mean to Adrian and Eagan in this instance????

This episode should have been titled something like "Flight Compass" with all the moral compasses being all over the map.

18 hours ago, Camera One said:

Vance is still awesome, at least. 

Yes. We'll always have Vance.💗

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Did Adrian track down Eagen to tell him that Angelina was still alive, knowing that Eagen was clever enough to find her for the reward?

Yeah, I really don't understand Adrian's motivations either, and maybe it's because I don't remember much from previous seasons.  They're BFFs and bare their souls because they don't trust Callings?  It looks like Adrian tracked Eagen down to express his anger?  But then he proceeded to tell Eagen everything even though he's clearly not to be trusted. 

13 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I wondered if the actor ad libbed. 

Now that they are no longer on network TV, they feel they can be edgier?  They are clearly sprinkling in a few line swear words here and there.  Adrian probably got a little wet himself grabbing Eagen at that moment and swinging him towards the wall if he was indeed midstream.  

• Useful 1

This whole lifeboat/sapphire/divine conscience thing is so damn confusing.  I don’t think Lost was this convoluted.

I was liking teen Cal, until now.  That bitch killed your mother, and you let her access to Eden?!  How stupid are you?!

go Eagan.  Turn that bitch in, and collect the reward.  I have no problem with him betraying Noelle, Angelina or Adrian and profiting off it.