Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Go-Around

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

We get confirmation that Beverly died during the jump -- as seen while Mick runs through the graveyard.

A large blue bird with lighting coming out of its eyes during Mick's calling.  It looked so cheesy.

That paper that Eagen gave Ben suddenly appearing to burn a la Calling in Ben's hand was too funny.  Why would that happen ?

Seriously, Zeke is Mr. Pep Talk.  
But he also seems to have the empathic equivalent of John Coffey's powers from the 'Green Mile'.

The plane was in the 'divine consciousness' for 5 and a half years.  Yeah, I'm not buying that.  My money is still on aliens. #sarcasm

Of course Ben goes it alone to retrieve Eden and gets knocked for his troubles.  What a doofus !!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

We get confirmation that Beverly died during the jump -- as seen while Mick runs through the graveyard.

I wonder if there was more planned for her in the original 6-year plan.  I am glad they least they acknowledged it.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

This season started off quite strong and I was optimistic, but this episode's title pretty much describes how I'm feeling about the show at this point.  

I don't feel the pacing is much different than the typical seasons we had previously, and this episode was particularly slow.  

I thought that bird flying around the cemetery was an evil pigeon with death ray eyes, not a powerful mythical bird.  The passenger-of-the-week was nice and I liked his interactions with Michaela.  Why wasn't he checking in with the registry again?  If he had been going regularly, they would have let him visit his mom at the hospital, no?  Ultimately, this whole subplot resulted in a blanket.

Which was also the culmination of Olive recounting all the ridiculous and totally forgettable storylines of seasons past.  This isn't the type of show I watch over and over (once was frankly more than enough), so it's not very nostalgic to be reminded of things I don't even remember.  I did like the sibling chemistry with Olive and Older Cal though.  I think half of the "fun" of watching this season has been just being amazed at how much he feels like Younger Cal.

Do we have to have someone acting frustratingly dumber than a brick every season?  This season, Ben takes the dunce cap every episode.  Again, he reset back to square one in this episode with his single-mindedness about Eden and to hell with everyone else.  At this rate, I don't buy that finding out that Vance's marriage is over and Saanvi is an alcoholic (?) is going to do anything significant.

Of course Ben gets conked on the head at the address.  Let me guess, next week, he ends up with the fertilizer that crazy woman was buying and Angelina escapes with Eden.  Again.  And they are presumed dead but Ben will never give up!

Helping to spring Eagan from jail was stupid.  They will be letting a wildcat out to cause more havoc.  Vance should have ignored Ben.  He has been way too accommodating this season.

Zeke has got to be a saint to live with these people.  He pretty much needs to be a full-time counsellor at home, too.  He pretty much brought Olive back to normal with his new superpower.

Why doesn't Zeke just go touch Ben when he's asleep or something?   This question doesn't work out of context.

So the big reveal is that the plane was "in the divine consciousness" for 5 years?  And they said that like it was the BIGGEST.  DEAL.  EVER.

I miss having more people be able to watch and comment on this show.  Maybe there will be more comments to read in the future, or in later episode threads.

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Camera One said:

Do we have to have someone acting frustratingly dumber than a brick every season?  This season, Ben takes the dunce cap every episode.  Again, he reset back to square one in this episode with his single-mindedness about Eden and to hell with everyone else.  At this rate, I don't buy that finding out that Vance's marriage is over and Saanvi is an alcoholic (?) is going to do anything significant.

Ben is an idiot, but to give him some credit, the reason he went off on his own at the end and ditched Vance is that he felt guilty when he realized how much Vance had sacrificed.  Stupid move, but it did seem like he did have a moment of clarity of how his actions were affecting other people.  I do agree people acting like idiots is a symptom of lazy writing that is way too common on this show and many others.

6 hours ago, Camera One said:

I miss having more people be able to watch and comment on this show.  Maybe there will be more comments to read in the future, or in later episode threads.

Yes - I think this webpage has probably lost people with each change of name etc.  Probably does not help that people post comments live in other ways.  Also, adding a detailed comment is easier to do when only when show is on once a week.  When a half a season is released, and you end up watching a couple of episodes or more in a row, you are less likely going to post about each episode.  I know there are times when I just post on the final episode, and then there are times when I don't watch a show for a few months after the release and not worth commenting, because the thread is no longer active.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, CCTC said:

Ben is an idiot, but to give him some credit, the reason he went off on his own at the end and ditched Vance is that he felt guilty when he realized how much Vance had sacrificed.  Stupid move, but it did seem like he did have a moment of clarity of how his actions were affecting other people.  I do agree people acting like idiots is a symptom of lazy writing that is way too common on this show and many others.

Yes - I think this webpage has probably lost people with each change of name etc.  Probably does not help that people post comments live in other ways.  Also, adding a detailed comment is easier to do when only when show is on once a week.  When a half a season is released, and you end up watching a couple of episodes or more in a row, you are less likely going to post about each episode.  I know there are times when I just post on the final episode, and then there are times when I don't watch a show for a few months after the release and not worth commenting, because the thread is no longer active.

I think the Netflix release of 10 episodes impacts the comments too. When one episode airs on TV, you have a whole week for people to comment on each episode and snark back and forth. But if you binge 10 at once there is less time to stop between and comment.

• Love 4
On 11/5/2022 at 6:40 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Of course Ben goes it alone to retrieve Eden and gets knocked for his troubles.  What a doofus !!

My word at the TV was: Dummy!

On 11/9/2022 at 1:38 AM, Camera One said:

This season started off quite strong and I was optimistic, but this episode's title pretty much describes how I'm feeling about the show at this point.  

So I'm not the only one who found this episode disappointing. 
Apparently these writers have never watched a single season of Law & Order, and yet they call themselves writers?
Even if Ben was too dumb to find out if Eagan had any visitors before he got the phone call from the prison, shouldn't Vance have thought of it? 
And Michaela warned Ben away from Eagan, but as a former detective, shouldn't she have thought of finding out if Eagan had any other visitors? 
Sheesh. 

Of course Ben gets conked on the head at the address.  Let me guess, next week, he ends up with the fertilizer that crazy woman was buying and Angelina escapes with Eden.  Again.  And they are presumed dead but Ben will never give up!

And likely Ben's idiocy will make it not Eagan's fault that Angelina and Eden disappeared, so Eagan will be allowed to be out of prison and running around doing evil.
Probably the bomb will go off and it will seem Eden is dead, but Ben will know she lives, but the law people will issue another death certificate and so not look for her. 
And likely Ben will think Eden is dead long enough to put him back to square one with is grief issues.

Why doesn't Zeke just go touch Ben when he's asleep or something?   This question doesn't work out of context.

LOL!!! But, yeah. I posted that question on an earlier episode thread. Hopefully not sounding wrong. 😁

Meanwhile, Zeke, Cal, and Olive have taken the one-way trip to Woo Woo Ville.

Oh well. At least we'll always have Vance. Hopefully.

About the 10-episode release making discussion impossible: 
Yeah. I think 2 per week would work.
I may skip commenting on at least every other episode going forward.
Or maybe just post brief stuff until the end.

• Love 2