Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Jackpot

• Start Topic

Episode 4 and it still seems that the show is arranging the furniture in preparation for something to happen.

Is it odd that there was more action when Flynne was playing an actual VR game than now, when she is basically having Skype meetings with the future people? 

Robot Flynne's walk through the future cemetery was weird.. The mass extinction event would have only been around 50 years before -- but the cemetery seemed much older than that -- and it was normally laid out, considering billions of people had died off.
The special effects presentation of The Jackpot event was ...interesting...?  (Maybe cheaper than flashbacks?)
If there are 80% less people (?), why is London so densely built? Who was available to build all those gigantic statue air scrubber factories?
Who are these snotty rich people isolating themselves from -- and where are they?

So, the name Wilfred means "desires peace"  - - but it's not his real name and he only agreed to take it in order to be adopted. (So, why make a thing about it?)

Wilfred learns that his employer is probably a psychopath.  Wilfred's psychopath boss is married to a mafia heiress who enjoys creating hostile workplace environments.  Wilfred's psychopath boss - who apparently is always in the middle of a meal - has a meeting with psychopath Queen Beekeeper (also a horrible boss) and they make vague threats with food metaphors, trying to establish who is capable of being the most vicious victor in a battle between ulta-rich psychopaths.

Okay then..

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, shrewd.buddha said:

Robot Flynne's walk through the future cemetery was weird.. The mass extinction event would have only been around 50 years before -- but the cemetery seemed much older than that -- and it was normally laid out, considering billions of people had died off.
The special effects presentation of The Jackpot event was ...interesting...?  (Maybe cheaper than flashbacks?)
If there are 80% less people (?), why is London so densely built? Who was available to build all those gigantic statue air scrubber factories?
Who are these snotty rich people isolating themselves from -- and where are they?

The cemetery was just the site of the 'memorial' to the Jackpot.  It wasn't necessarily a cemetery just for the victims.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

Episode 4 and it still seems that the show is arranging the furniture in preparation for something to happen.

Is it odd that there was more action when Flynne was playing an actual VR game than now, when she is basically having Skype meetings with the future people? 

I also expected more. Lots of action in the first teo episodes. Now it feels they are doing anything they can to stretch it out. Flynne brushes her teeth  Flynne plays foursquare. 

It’s annoying she is having seizures and still hasn’t mentioned to anyone that Aelita shoved whatever it was into her through her eye at the research institute. Like wouldn’t that be your first thought when things go weird, that maybe the optical data transfer that was forced on you is relevant? Especially now that everyone wants you dead because of whatever it was. 

Still enjoying the show. Just wish it had better pacing. 

• Like 3

It's doing what I was afraid of: it's making it so convoluted that I have no idea what's going on. I know some of that is my fault, but having people talk in 10 minute metaphors in a brand new world that we're still trying to understand just makes me not care. If you have a show that's trying to introduce a new world, talk to me like I'm 5 and once I understand the world then introduce politics and other more complicated ideas.

• Like 5
On 11/5/2022 at 10:45 AM, oldCJ said:

It’s annoying she is having seizures and still hasn’t mentioned to anyone that Aelita shoved whatever it was into her through her eye at the research institute. Like wouldn’t that be your first thought when things go weird, that maybe the optical data transfer that was forced on you is relevant? Especially now that everyone wants you dead because of whatever it was. 

I think she doesn't realize it could go into her actual self.  She wasn't even in her own avatar; she was Easy Ice/Burton and he "died."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/12/2022 at 1:29 PM, peach said:

I think she doesn't realize it could go into her actual self.  She wasn't even in her own avatar; she was Easy Ice/Burton and he "died."

I’m wondering how it did go into her actual self given that she’s in a synthetic body in a future time.