Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Mother Mayhem

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

jay-lycurgo-brenton-thwaites-teagan-crof

In the wake of Lex Luthor's sudden demise, Conner finds himself framed for murder while the Titans try to piece together Luthor's suspicious connection to Rachel's haunting and clear their teammate's name.

Premiere Date:  November 3, 2022    HBO Max           

On 11/4/2022 at 8:35 AM, Snapdragon said:

Two episodes in and I have absolutely no idea what's going on.  So....typical Titans.  LOL.  Can't believe that Stargirl got canceled after three seasons but this has somehow made it to four.  

Yep... I'm so confused.  That lady at the end, not sure what she is about.  Is she the one sending all the blood demons to everyone?  What's up with the nerdy software app developer?  Is he her acolyte, or does he have the powers on his own?

I love how the show is playing up the mystery of Sebastian Sanger.  I guess to fans who don't know who that is, maybe his story feels confusing.  To me it's just a mystery you have to wait and see how it turns out.  Personally I LOVE that the show isn't racing through this and instead building it up slowly.  I think we will get answers about Sebastian and his connection to the woman (Mother Mayhem) and all the blood in episode 3 or 4.  Maybe 5, I dunno - the show is slow burning the story, which is great.

The woman at the end is the same woman who Lex fired after she'd spent 5 years working on it.  The weird doctor who was helping Lex with the occult (the man) was the same as the bone faced man who was killing people and snatching the men for their blood.  He was an acolyte of the woman at the end (same as the woman who Lex fired) who had the staff and obliterated the Titans, save Kory, who beat her ass.

I don't know what the men being drained of their blood were for or what the blood was for... I think we'll learn that as we go.

What I did note was that both the man and Rachel both were affected by Lex's murder.  I wonder if Rachel tapping into Lex's murder scene connected her in some way to all of the blood madness that the Sebastian guy already seems connected to.

Lex researching Kory is concerning.

I love, love LOVE this season so far.  Best season yet.

• Love 1

The only reason I find the Sebastian Sanger story even  remotely interesting is because I’ve missed seeing Joseph Morgan on my screen, and it’s great seeing him play a role different than I’m used to.

I’m already enjoying this season more than the last. There’s so many questions but the story is interesting so I don’t mind waiting for the answers.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:40 PM, BaggythePanther said:

The only reason I find the Sebastian Sanger story even  remotely interesting is because I’ve missed seeing Joseph Morgan on my screen, and it’s great seeing him play a role different than I’m used to.

Same.

It does seem like this show is written specifically for fans of the comics.  I'm coming in cold, and I never know what's going on.  I shouldn't have to rely on posts from Primetimer to find out what's going on.

• Love 2