Type keyword(s) to search

Faking It Spoilers: 'Woah' 'I Know'

ybrik

With the show coming back in little over a month, more info is coming out for the new season. I thought we could use a spoiler thread to update any new info. So far I have seen a few different things.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/08/exclusive-spoilers-and-teasers.html  - info on the first two episodes.

The actress who plays the principal posted a pic of the cover page of ep 3 which is tltled 'Lust in Translation'.

Then today's new info which may cause a meltdown for some. http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/08/raina-reveals-exclusive-spoilers-and_21.html  -  Something seems weird about Liam and Amy supposedly on a date to meet his parents. I think now that fake Karmy relationship is probably over, I think there is going to be another fake relationship. In the episode 8 thread I think I mentioned that the worst thing for Amy might be her mom catching Liam the morning after and this kind of goes with a theory I have. I think that Amy's mom may catch them and instead of being really mad she will actually be pleased thinking that Amy was just going through a phase. Amy may go along with her mom to avoid any more problems with her mom hence Amy and Liam may have a fake relationship in front of their parents but will probably have their own love interests at school. And with Amy if that is a girl, it will be a real problem now having to really come out to her mom instead of faux coming out in ep 2. Of course, that's just a theory but it could be as simple as Liam asking Amy be his pretend date for one reason or another.

Hopefully we'll start getting new casting info soon for the new people mentioned in links especially since they aren't really gender specific. Also hoping to see a new promo with new scenes in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by ybrik

Thanks for making a new spoiler thread! I forgot to do that when I merged the last one into the episode 8 thread.

I'm mostly reserving judgment on the spoilers, although I could maybe get behind a fake Liam/Amy relationship, as long as Amy only really dates girls.

(edited)

New spoilers for episode 3:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/08/raina-reveals-exclusive-spoilers-and_28.html

This is interesting because I saw on twitter an actress (can't remember her name) basically stating she was going to start on Faking It in ep 3 and made a remark about kissing girls. So I don't know if this is going to be a one off or not. Also makes me think more and more that there is something else behind the date in the next episode.

I didn't want to link to all the interview clips from the VMA's but the cast was there and gave general spoilers. Lauren's secret is coming out the first episode and seems to be something that is going to be surprising. I am intrigued. Also there will be more singing by Karma, Shane and Lauren since all three of the actors playing the characters are all good singers. They also seemed to be very tightlipped about Karma and Amy's storylines.

edited to add: Okay found a couple of posts with some of the new casts members. Don't know if they are just guest spots or will be in multiple episodes. The potential love interests/new characters are Eduardo Arrazola, Kara Royster, and Antoinette Rose, who seems to be one being linked to Amy. There was also a post with Greg and Rita posing with Bruce Thomas who I believe played the dad on Kyle XY and I think will be Liam's dad since the post had all three looking nicely dressed so might be the date scene.

ETA: a picture of Rita and Antoinette Rose

http://instagram.com/p/sVn4fIoy_u/?modal=true

From some other pics it looks like there is going to be a carnival. Not sure which episode this is though.

Edited by ybrik
  • Love 1

I didn't see that coming either, but on reflection, it feels like I should have. Faking it is in large measure "Fanfiction; The series", and well... cough... Alternate... genital arrangements are a major trope. Whats next, groundhog day? The zombie apocalypse? 

Man I think Carter is never going to be given the benefit of the doubt on anything he says. Having seen the tweets from Paley fest before watching the panel on line, I was a bit confused as it seemed different from what he has said before. However, after watching the panel, I saw that the people tweeting really butchered his response. Granted what he said was over 140 characters but it wasn't as simple as what was tweeted.

First he says that yes Karmy is a story of friends that's closeness goes beyond just a normal friendship and borders on being lovers. So can he envision them in a relationship, yes. The people took his envision part and applied it to what he said next which he said specifically "Can I tell you it will happen next season? No."

The last part can be interpreted a few different ways. First was next season 2 or 3. Also people are assuming him saying that he can't say it will happen next season means it absolutely won't happen. When it could also mean that he can't say either if it is a season 3 it hasn't been outlined so he can't say for certain or he could be like most showrunners and not wanting to say when a main couple will get together.

One thing that seemed to be confirmed is that Amy is getting a female love interest. They didn't specifically say it was the actress that was just cast but Katie was referring to the love interest as 'her', 'she'.

Not sure what to think about the intersex spoiler. Will need to see how it works out. I do agree Bailey will be amazing.

there have been a few instagrams/tweets that I have a few speculations on. A few days back the cast was tweeting/posting pics about suicide prevention day. I mean it could be just be for public benefit or I could see there being a suicide storyline. Also Greeg tweeted that 2x8 was going to be a major episode. I am guessing that Karma finds out about Liam/Amy's hookup either in the episode or at the end of ep 7 with 8 being the fallout. Also this goes along with another bit from the panel, Carter was saying that this season would be like last season where the threesome ep had the big moment that led to fallout in the next couple of episodes. I think Karma finds out in 7 or 8 and 9 and 10 will be the fallout with whatever big ending they have planned for this season. I have an idea what I think it could be but I will probably be wrong.

Edited by ybrik
  • Love 1

Okay watched the first ten minutes of the premiere and it definitely seems to flow from the end of last season. It also basically established the season without really giving anything away yet. The end of the ten minutes is just when it looks like things are going to start getting interesting. I will say that Amy got lucky that she confessed to a quick thinking and understanding pharmacist.

From the ten minutes and from all the interviews, I see there is still Karma/Liam being involved but it doesn't surprise me. Of course Karma will still try to be with Liam. If anything in the ten minutes we can see that as sorry as Karma is, she still wants to have this perfect ideal life that she tried to have in season 1. However, I did like Karma calling Liam out only initially being interested in her because he thought she was a lesbian.

I am happy that we get Farrah finding out about Liam/Amy because as I've mentioned in previous posts Amy's coming out in season 1 to her mom was fake. In her journey she does have to really come out to her mom and this will allow it.

Really surprised just how negative Shane's view of Karma is. Not sure what I think of it.

Regarding Karma Amy ever being together. I think if the show last another season or two, yeah I can see it happening. Of course, I don't think we'll ever have a journey for Karma like Amy's. I think that she won't ever really bi or gay. I think she may just love Amy. I can see it being seen as these two have crossed lines of friendships and lovers because of how close they have been for so long that for Karma it will be she is just in love with Amy.

• Love 3

I enjoyed the sneak peek. Karma has not missed a beat...I found it very in character of her being dim enough to where the very morning after Amy's confession she thought it would be a good idea to bust in on her naked best friend to let her know they'd be spending the rest of their lives together.

Also, I have to say that I don't care much for Pablo. He's nice enough & all, but his pairing with Shane falls really flat to me. He really needs to throw his "bad wolf" a couple of bones every now & then!

Interesting choice has been made for Karma's brother Zen, Derek Mio who was on Greek as Wade. I am going to guess there is an interesting story behind him being Karma's brother.

Have to agree with Pablo not really being a good fit for Shane. He's going to end up getting hurt and Shane is going to do something to end their relationship. Should be interesting if this causes Shane and Lauren to go back to being enemies.

Yeah Karma still doesn't quite grasp just how much her actions seem to cross lines to Amy. Let's see tell her that she spent all night crying because of her and that they are going to spend the rest of their lives together. Then basically start stalking Amy around town. Then the ten minutes end with her actually getting advise from her mom to get Amy back.

Forgot to mention that I liked the scene with Amy and her mom especially her response to the protection line. Now we have to have an episode with Amy playing softball. While I may not have liked the whole Liam/Amy hookup, I do approve of Amy with sex hair and wearing just a bed sheet.

Yeah saw that preview. Well at least Lauren's secret coming out hasn't made her any less devious. Of course she really needs to worry about pushing Karma and/or Amy too far. Neither girl is known for being rationale when they get upset.

So going on a previous post and a new spoiler it looks like ep 3 Karma is going to try to hook Amy up with a girl. This is going to be the girl Amy is about to kiss in the preview. However, the main love interest for Amy that was announced a couple of weeks ago won't be seen till like ep 6.

It looks like the preview was mainly the first 5 episodes and maybe a little bit of episode 6. I think by episode 5 or 6 Karma and Liam will be a couple again. I know that this may not be a happy thought for fans but I think it is a necessary step if the show is going for maximum impact for the when the secret is revealed which I think will be around episode 8.

EW has some spoilers!

Please give this Karmy fan some hope for Faking It. Will Karma ever forgive Amy? — Kim

It’s not looking good. In a bid to actually get her BFF to talk, Amy punches a cop, landing them in jail, where Karma will make it very clear that she hates Amy. Sniff. She’ll even give her an ultimatum that could see Amy transferring schools. I can guarantee that at least one person will be leaving Hester High by season’s end.

Punching a cop? O-kay...

Maybe if Theo is a cop it's him. So I guess this gives us an idea of where the story is going for first 2/3 or 3/4 of the finale but I wonder what happens those last few minutes.

Oh right, I had forgotten the spec about Theo being a cop. Now it makes sense. In which case, "I can guarantee that at least one person will be leaving Hester High by season’s end" might also be referring to Theo, if he's found out? But they're trying to make us think it's going to be Amy. 

• Love 1

She punches Theo because he tries to get Karma's parents arrested.

Now I see why Katie said we'd feel sorry for Karma. I only slightly feel sorry for her but mostly because she might lose her best friend not because Liam hurt her.

Yeah I wonder about that. In a new promo Liam and his dad/granddad are making some kind of deal. The only thing I worry about this is that this will be some kind of justification for a Karma/Liam reunion. I don't mind if she forgives him or stops hating him but them getting back together will be something that makes me consider stop watching this show. I don't why I think they might get back together except that Carter has mentioned that the finale is supposed to be epic and I keep thinking that Liam saving Karma and Amy from prison with Karma finding out about it at the end and having some cliché romantic moment would be epic to him.

Also it would really be annoying if they were to get back together and Karma and Amy still be on the outs. It would honestly feel this season was a waste. Really season 1 ended with Karma and Amy on the outs having to rebuild their friendship then season 2a ends with them in an even worse spot still having to rebuild their friendship.

Honestly I hope Karma ends the season alone and starts 2b that way. Not because I don't like the character but I would hope we would finally be able to get see who the character really is. Right now Amy has Shane and Lauren who she can have conversations that we can see what is really on her mind. Karma doesn't have someone like that. She mainly deals with Amy and Liam so she can't have those type of conversations like Amy can.

I am also wondering about the whole Karma's family being busted for selling pot/special brownies. This seems like a really tough direction for the show to go. Her parents get arrested so what will happen now. Will they go to jail? Are we supposed to be okay with them selling drugs to high school students? If they go to jail what would happen to Karma? I almost think that it will end up being a mistake and the special brownies have something else in them.

• Love 1

I agree that Karma should be alone for a while and try to find relationships beyond Amy & Liam. Oliver told her in episode 4 that she was one of his triggers for his 'mental relapse' (probably due to the fact that Amy chose her over him) but, maybe he could be a friend to her like he was to Amy.

I honestly wouldn't be surprise if Karma forgives Liam before she forgives Amy....I'm kinda looking for that to happen. Although, I now believe that the 'Whoa, I know' scene is Karma's dream - I think she will turn to Liam just out of fear, since she's not yet ready to deal with her true feelings for Amy.

Although, Karma's Mom made sure that it was not 'the special' brownies she served at Karma's birthday party -  the Ashford's are old school hippes so they might not have a problem with selling pot to kids.

Maybe they were selling normal brownies but cops mistakenly identified them as pot brownies? After all, i don't expect them ending up in prison for entire episode..

Edited by JaM

I've been operating under the assumption that the "I know" is Karma's dream (Amy wouldn't really make sense at this juncture). I wonder who the two "celesbians" are, and who Nicholas Brendon is playing!

In addition to being the most plot and feeling-heavy episode of the season, it also directly seeks to please its lesbian viewers. Watching it, I felt catered to, if not pandered to. And you know what? I could get used to that.

This is promising.

Nicholas Breadon is playing the character of Jackson Lee, a professional artist and Hester High alum who interviews art students for a prestigious fellowship. (Read it on ew)

I think one of the celesbian guest stars might be Laverne Cox whom we saw in episode 4. It was stated that the person came into our hearts recently. I would like to see her again...she did a great job.

I also, think the whoa scene is Karma's dream also. Amy's ultimatum unnerve something hidden deep within.

But, I've also read this suggestion on another site - Amy is with Reagan, and Karma is with Liam, and great camera skills and editing has us pulling our hair out.

Yeah that is the one thing that is giving me some positive thoughts. I remember an interview from Carter a couple of weeks ago where he said that the finale does set up the next 10 eps. Something has to happen then and I can't see Karma and Amy's friendship being in peril being that while Amy/Reagan and Karma/Liam getting together being the thing that sets that up.

From what we saw so far published by the cast, Reagan, Liam and Karma characters had some semi-naked scenes in the finale as all actors were seen in white bathrobes. So... Liam-Karma, Reagan-Amy seems probable, and predictable, which is exactly why i dont believe it would happen..

My thought was that it could be like Amy's but with a twist. It could start w/Liam and Amy then Amy 'wakes-up' with Reagan which leads to the 'woah' shot followed with Karma shot. I also think if it is a dream we may have more dialogue like an 'I love you' before Karna wakes up for real.

Eta Don't know if this is a clue for tonight but they have cast a new LI for Liam. Not able to link to article.

Edited by ybrik

Hm, maybe Karma has a dream that starts with Liam and ends with Amy.

I've thought about that possibility as well. But, I nixed the idea because why would she be dreaming about Liam after his confession.....even though I won't put it past Karma to reconcile with him, they do have a scene in the art studio.

Tonight's the night....all questions & theories will be answered.

The writers really, really like inception, don't they? The dream sequence is Karma dreaming that Amy is sleeping with Liam while dreaming of sleeping with Regan and fantasising about Karma.. 

Gosh, that's a twisty subconscious you have there Karma. 

I hate when things aren't clear and we as the audience have to guess what the writers were trying to show. Why couldn't it be simple? They rolled up everything into one and now no one knows what's going on, even with carter's interview he doesn't give a straight answer. But I agree with most. Karma is jealous of Reagan, might have secret feelings for Amy, but still doesn't trust Liam or Amy.

It doesn't have to be jealousy. It'd be the funniest if Amy/Regan is just a colossally socially awkward turnon for Karma. I mean, you can't really ask your best friend to refrain from public displays of affection with her girlfriend just because you have to change your panties every time she engages in one. 

Maybe Karma's dream is that she doesn't want Amy to be seen happy with someone else because she doesn't think Amy deserves it while at the same time she can't trust Liam and Amy but also wants Amy to only want her.

Yeah I don't think that's it. I'm going to go with Karma sleeping with Liam but can't get the thought of Amy and Liam boning while feeling jealous (it doesn't even have to be her having romantic feelings.) of Reagan being in Amy's life even though Karma doesn't trust Amy.

I don't know, I just don't think Karma would purposely go out of her way to hurt Amy I don't know why people think she would. I mean before we knew what the inception dream was about I heard a lot about Karma sleeping with Reagan just to hurt Amy. I don't see Karma doing that, do I think she thinks of hurting people the way she's been hurt? absolutely, but to actually do it is something different. 

Yeah, I saw those suggestions also about Karma & Reagan. And I can positively say that will never happen.

1. They hate each other

2. Karma refuse to express her love to Amy that way - I doubt she could do it with Reagan.

They may hate each other now, but that's not going to last:

What’s next for Amy and Reagan (who I really like!)…will Amy’s friendship/love with/for Karma get in the way?

CC: Reagan is Amy’s first significant relationship and those are always incredibly intense. I absolutely love Yvette Monreal, who plays Reagan. She and Rita have great chemistry. Fans have really embraced the two of them so we’re excited to have her back. As for Karma, all I can say is she and Reagan will bond in a very unexpected way.

I really doubt that Karma would ever sleep with Reagan, though.

Also:

Karma and Amy made up but Karma appears to have some trust issues with Amy and Liam. What will she do to get beyond that?

CC: That’s the challenge. Building trust is never easy. I will say that the next episode will be a flash forward so some time will have passed and the wound won’t be as fresh. The last two episodes of this season were really heavy and emotional and we want to come back with another big, fun premiere to remind people our show may make you cry, but it’s also really damn funny!

As for Karma, all I can say is she and Reagan will bond in a very unexpected way.

Very interesting I can't wait to find out what it is. Maybe her parents follow a hippie lifestyle too - Reagan's character kinda fits that lifestyle while Karma doesn't

Found this on Tvline

Question: Hey, Michael, got any scoop on MTV’s Faking It? Thanks a lot! —Beth
Ausiello: Hey, Beth, sure do! EP Carter Covington tells us he’s looking forward to exploring “our characters’ families” in the next 10 episodes. “I’m curious about Shane’s mom and dad,” says the showrunner, “and I’m curious what Amy’s dad’s story is. We’re going to start expanding the world in these 10.”

I've been curious about Amy's Dad from the beginning.

So with the show returning, and promos airing I'll try and guess the season. I gotta admit I was really surprised (and actually kinda glad) that it doesn't look like it's Karma that gonna break up Amy and Reagan. Although I'm hoping there's a bit more to it than Reagan thinking Amy's not lesbian enough and is still figuring it out regarding her attraction to boys because I would think that Amy being in love with Karma would be a bigger issue for Reagan than Amy's attraction.

I never really got caught up in Amy's sexuality, the moment she slept with Liam I stopped taking this show so seriously regarding their treatment of sexuality. I always thought the sho was hinting towards being bisexual, and Reagan's fear was foreshadowing something (but again i thought that fear would be Karma)

Can't wait to see my queen Lauren back but how old is Theo? Pretty little liars seem to have made the older man in authorirty dating a younger girl quite alright I see......

And I don't care I'm so here for slutty Karma.

Katie Stevens on that Karmy kiss coming in Season 2B of “Faking It”

AfterEllen.com: We’ve seen a couple kissing scenes in the trailer with you and Rita.

Katie Stevens: Yes. They didn’t hold back!

AE: Are they dream sequences?

KS:  No. They’re happening.

AE: Is Karma interested in Amy (Rita Volk) romantically at some point?

KS: It’s hard—I don’t want to give anything away. That happens in a moment where Karma is not herself. But it probably does come from somewhere deeper. I say this all the time—I don’t know what the writers are planning so I don’t want to say “No, Karma’s not interested in Amy at all,” because if they decide that that’s gonna happen in two seasons, I don’t know what they have planned. But what I can say is that Karma loves Amy, so I think it’s more about her trying to figure out what that love is, if that love is purely friendship, if that love is more than that. You’re going to see Karma go through a lot of self-discovery this season, especially because she just found out about this betrayal and how her friendship can overcome it, and how she can get this friendship and her relationships back on track.

There's a bit more if you click the link.

Also, there's this, where Rita sees things differently.

‘Faking It’ star Rita Volk talks Amy’s sexuality, Season 2B and fun donut flavors!

MM: (Laughs) Okay- let’s talk Karmy. Those crazy kids shared a steamy kiss in the Faking It trailer and everyone is going crazy. Do you think that Amy still has hope or lingering feelings for Karma?

RV: I think she always will. We’ve established that she really does love her in that way. I think it’s hard for most people to just say, “Alright. It’s never gonna happen. I’ll let it go.” She’s definitely not as desperate for it to happen, and she’s not as torn about it. She’s still very much torn but I think now she’s more realistic about the fact that those feelings may never get reciprocated. There is always going to be a small hope, but eventually it will go away, and we’re going to see that transformation of Amy being like, “Okay, you know what? I need to get over this. It’s never going to happen.”

• Love 1

Katie Stevens on that Karmy kiss coming in Season 2B of “Faking It”

There's a bit more if you click the link.

Also, there's this, where Rita sees things differently.

‘Faking It’ star Rita Volk talks Amy’s sexuality, Season 2B and fun donut flavors!

Sooooo....what's the point this season? To establish once again that Amy will always love Karma but Karma will not love Amy in that way? We had two seasons of that

I guess this is Felix's deal:

The upcoming string of episodes, which MTV calls "Season 2B," will explore another area. “We’re going to discuss, briefly, male bisexuality and whether or not it exists...and what the double standard is," Covington explains.

How MTV's Faking It Overcame Its Flimsy Premise — Plus New Season Spoilers!

Faking It is also a show that feels like it could only exist right at this moment in time. Series like Glee (2009-2015) and Degrassi: The Next Generation (2001-present) featured queer characters, but they were presented with their sexuality fully figured out — and it was usually their defining trait. Faking It ditches the binary paradigm that has dominated for so long and shows characters who are still in the process of exploring their identities. These characters also refuse to let their evolving sexualities become the most salient details about them — an idea that Karma nods to in Season 1, Episode 4, “Know Thy Selfie,” when she tells Liam, “I never really felt like [my parents] got me until I came out, and now they’re so excited, I’m worried they think my sexual orientation’s the most interesting thing about me.”

“That, to me, felt like breaking a new barrier and kind of the next evolution of this chain of shows that have broken ground when it comes to sexuality,” Covington says. “I think that, so often, people are pushed into this gay/straight binary that they don’t get to explore. I think that if more people explore, then you would see a lot more diversification in the way that people express their sexual orientation in the world. I don’t believe that everybody is born either gay or straight, and I think that is such an outdated way to think about sexuality."