Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Mama Said There Would Be Days Like This

DanaK
  • Start Topic

11/02/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Crockett adjusts to his newfound fame when he helps Will treat a local restaurant owner. Ethan, Charles and Goodwin aid a new mother worried about hurting her baby. Maggie and Vanessa clash with a patient eager to get back to work. 

• Love 1

So, the ectopic pregnancy couple are hourly workers at a bookstore, can’t take sick days but have been trying for years to have a baby? I’ve never had a child but I’m pretty sure pregnancy, childbirth and post-partum care requires time off. Not to mention doctor appointments for the baby, having to stay home when the baby gets sick, etc. 

So Vanessa wants to be a doctor that buys drugs illegally for her patients and is in an environment where it’s accepted? Ok. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Dr. Charles' case was interesting.  I'm glad no one was rushing to call DCFS, and instead they listened to her and tried to understand what was going on. 

Vanessa wants to work in the Philippines?  Is it that easy to pause her internship and pick it up later? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, izabella said:

Dr. Charles' case was interesting.  I'm glad no one was rushing to call DCFS, and instead they listened to her and tried to understand what was going on. 

Vanessa wants to work in the Philippines?  Is it that easy to pause her internship and pick it up later? 

As I remember his past cases, Dr Charles tends to want to listen first and help his patient rather than rushing pell mell into fixing things. I think maybe he’s too cautious sometimes, but I appreciate how much he cares. I felt sorry for this patient trying to deal with her issues alone and having a doctor who wasn’t listening to her concern about the noises in her ear

Another doctor leaving. I was actually warming up to Vanessa. Now Maggie has to settle for a long distance relationship with her daughter

• Love 2

I mostly liked this episode for once. Dr. Charles’ case was touching and not the usual trope. I’m glad the woman turned out to be a good mom after all, just overwhelmed and sick. 

Will annoyed me at first, but he had a point about Crockett leaving the surgery to patch up the Lt Governor. I was pleased to see they made peace at the end. Im tired of the constant sniping. 
did I imagine an episode last season that implied a connection between Archer and Asher? I got the impression they were exes but this season hasn’t even hinted at it again. Im a very confused puppy! 

so Vanessa is leaving. That’s two black actors this season. I don’t know whose choice it was in either case but it’s not a good look IMO. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

did I imagine an episode last season that implied a connection between Archer and Asher? I got the impression they were exes but this season hasn’t even hinted at it again. Im a very confused puppy! 

She dated Will previously. Archer didn't meet her until she came back this season, and he didn't want her to work there at first because of her past drug abuse. He gave her a hard time for a while, but then she proved herself and he backed off.

So Vanessa is going to quit just like that? Why the do all the doctors at this hospital just decide to leave at the drop of a hat with no notice? And why are they getting rid of all their cast? The show changed for the better starting last season and they've gotten rid of all the new people.

Ugh, April and Ethan are back together? I'm not up for that dysfunction again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

She dated Will previously. Archer didn't meet her until she came back this season, and he didn't want her to work there at first because of her past drug abuse. He gave her a hard time for a while, but then she proved herself and he backed off.

I know she dated Will. But there was a scene between her and Archer where it appeared she was his ex. I guess i read too much into it.