Type keyword(s) to search

S03:E01 The People Need You

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

After losing the 2032 election, Dwayne Johnson is ready to withdraw from political life for good when he gets an unexpected call. In 1985, Rocky learns there are consequences to crossing Vince. In 1997, Dwayne finds fans hate him even when he's a winner.

Original Air Date: November 4, 2022

Wrestler Becky Lynch a.k.a. Rebecca Quin as Cyndi Lauper 
Brock O'Hurn as Hulk Hogan
Jason Devon Jenkins as Mr. T
Pete Gardner as Liberace
Nicholas Bernardi as Bret 'Hitman' Hart
Luke Hawx as Stone Cold Steve Austin
Sam Ball as "Mankind" Mick Foley
Joseph D. Reitman as Captain Lou Albano
Brett Azar as Iron Sheik
Eddy Clinton as Classy Freddie Blassie
Benjamin VanderMey as Roddy Piper 
NUP_199132_02138.jpg
NUP_199132_02468.jpg
Fgo4C2pXwAMZF8c?format=jpg&name=medium

Man, the future is looking rough!  A coffee shortage is going on complete with President Taft making a major faux pas.  Dwayne has pretty much been keeping to himself.  And worst of all: Randall Park has been reduced to co-hosting daytime television!  A journalist's nightmare!  At least Dwayne and Randall have the Huskies franchise.... well, at least Dwayne does.  I'm sure Randall's offer for the sequel was lost in the mail!

Interesting how the premiere this go around mainly focused on 1985/Youngest Rock and his story, while the other two were mainly given only half of a segment this go around.  The previously premieres had all three on equal footing.  But it makes sense because it feels like all of that; especially Rocky's fall from grace; is going to be a major factor/theme for this season.  Still curious to see what they are going to do with Middle Young Rock without it feeling like they're crossing into Older Young Rock territory from previous seasons.

Was wondering how Vince was going to factor in after all of the real life accusations are out in the open now, but I guess they're going to be keeping him but having him be more of an antagonist (even if it was Rocky that went behind his back.)

Definitely loving the 1997 stuff since this was the era I remember.  Can't wait to see Rocky Maivia transform into The Rock!

Ata's dream and Rocky's reaction to it were both equally hilarious!

• Love 3

FINALLY, the Hulksteer has come to Young Rock.

I was looking at Mr. T and that actor was so tall and slim I wondered if a cosplayer was at the Rock N Wrestling roll out party.

Now that adult Dewey had his injury The Rock gimmick should be a couple of episodes away 

• Love 5

They should have just gotten actual Mr. T. to play 80's Mr. T. He still looks more like his 80's self than the guy they got did. 

On 11/4/2022 at 11:34 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Still curious to see what they are going to do with Middle Young Rock without it feeling like they're crossing into Older Young Rock territory from previous seasons.

Well oldest Young Rock's Miami storylines mostly focused on football. When Middle Rock makes it to Miami it would be easy to focus his stories on the rest of his life there. I mean Dwayne and Dany Garcia met at college, and we didn't really see any of that happen on the first go through. Plus they are obviously ok jumping around the timeline. In season 1 middle Rock was in Pennsylvania, and in season 2 he was in Memphis which happened before Pennsylvania.

I am more interested what happens with little Rock. In season 1 high school Rock talked to the girl he liked about WrestleMania 3, while this season little Rock is already experiencing WrestleMania 1. Is that kid going to be in high school in 2 years?

• Like 1