Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Blood Sacrifice

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

After hiring a private detective, Dean speaks with a former homeowner who's still shaken by what he endured. Nora and the kids move into a motel.

Original Air Date: October 13, 2022  

Edited by AnimeMania

Between the Rosemary's Baby rip offs and the devil sounding voice-over of the letters, it's as if it was written by Days of our Lives’ head writer Ron Carlivati. I swear some of this just played out on daytime a few months ago. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Between the Rosemary's Baby rip offs and the devil sounding voice-over of the letters, it's as if it was written by Days of our Lives’ head writer Ron Carlivati. I swear some of this just played out on daytime a few months ago. 

Marlena as the devil, was the last time I watched DOOL. 😄

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Anela said:

Marlena as the devil, was the last time I watched DOOL. 😄

As soon as that voice started reading out the letters, I called out, "It's Mardevil!" 😁  Definitely same voice-altering device prop.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think this is creepy fun, and especially because the main characters are the worst. But of course I also don't know the real story and am avoiding it because I don't want to know, so I imagine for anyone who does know, the whole mystery/suspense of it is non-existent (kind of like how bored I am with A Friend of the Family, since there's no tension when I know what's going to happen).

• Like 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, gesundheit said:

I imagine for anyone who does know, the whole mystery/suspense of it is non-existent (kind of like how bored I am with A Friend of the Family, since there's no tension when I know what's going to happen).

I read the story on the real family when it came out several years ago so I wanted to see this for that reason. But the real story remains unsolved so the problems I have with this series isn't knowing what happens, it's all the changes they made. For example, the characters seem to make a lot of poor or ill-thought-out decisions (much like horror movie characters do), but in real life I don't think the family did anything that they could have avoided the situation they ended up in.  It could have happened to anyone who bought a house. The real story is much more compelling.  I think some of the problem is that it really isn't a story that translates well to film.  There's not a lot that's visual. Would have made a good book or documentary though. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

The call is coming from inside the house!!!!!!!!!!

Does he make his red sauce on the counter?  I make mine in a pot, but you do you, loud-mouthed suburban dad. 

Then he tells his boss that his bankruptcy issues are over, following it immediately with needs to make partner because he needs the money.  This guy's an idiot. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1