Type keyword(s) to search

S1: E05: Death and Christmas

JayDub1987
  • Start Topic

Alright gang! Well, the other three of you who are still watching this mess.

The Romans move forward with their traditional Family Christmas special. Clive blackmails Nicky, and Nicky’s publicist pushes her to go public with her romance with Wade. Meanwhile, Ace and Ana go on a date, Gigi rebels and Albie is stunned to learn what Dottie did.

Live reactions. Usually, a couple days after I post these somebody stumbles across the thread. 

• Of course there's a blood droplet on the interior of the car. I mean, why wouldn't there be? 
  • Trace Adkins is a terrible actor. Sadly, he may be the best of the bunch on this show. 
  • So, slimy husband is using the bottle as blackmail. The same bottle that he is pawing all over, leaving his finger prints on it. Surely, somebody will be smart enough to point that out. Oh hell, who am I kidding. These people couldn't find a hole in the ground if they fell in it.
  • This girl playing Gigi may have the worst fake southern accent in the history of television. Yes, it's that bad. 
  • So wait. Albie was a few steps away from his truck, which was parked in an empty parking lot. Yet, he didn't see anyone putting a note on his windshield? 
  • "Deck the Halls. How original." Because this show has been a wellspring of original music.
  • Wait, Gigi and her wife are wanting another baby? I didn't know they had a baby. I'm clearly not paying enough attention.
  • "We were a mistake, and next week's Jerry Springer." I know this show is afraid of new songs, but The Jerry Springer Show was cancelled in 2018. 
  • "Need You Now" by Lady A did come out in 2010, making it one of the newest songs that this show has butchered. Points for embracing the karaoke thing. Every performance on this show has come across like a halfcocked karaoke tune, so this one works. 
  • "Cowboy Take Me Away" 1999. That's a little more like it.
  • Just had the best idea ever. A drinking game of sorts. Every time any of the Roman children say, "My mama said," you take a shot. Christ have mercy. did they get these writers from "The Water Boy?" Sounds like Bobby Boucher. 
  • The bluegrass Lady Gaga tune was fun. 
  • Oh good. They're gonna get away with the whole brother as a sperm donor thing. I guess either Gigi isn't good at math and her family knows she's stupid, or it just doesn't matter.
  • So for 40 years no one asked how Dottie's horses got out of the barn?!
  •  
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

What a stupid filler show. I also didn't know anything about Gigi and her wife having a child? There are still too many dark haired men and I have no idea who they are. But, clearly, the new singer is going to be related, so it will be interesting to see how far they let those two crazy kids go.

And for agreeing to take Dottie's secret to her grave, her sister sure spilled it fast enough once she was threatened with the gravy train  stopping. And, LOL about Clive handling that pill bottle. Maybe they kill him next week?

Are we ever going to see any other time indicators other than Six Weeks earlier and Six Weeks Later? 

I am still guessing that this show will be pulled before the end of the scheduled episodes. This is number 5 and it is supposed to run for 12?  Just like when you see movies that were supposed to open and then they push it back, you know it will be bad. This show was supposed to run last year, or at least earlier, wasn't it?

Edited by Retired at last
55 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

What a stupid filler show. I also didn't know anything about Gigi and her wife having a child? There are still too many dark haired men and I have no idea who they are. But, clearly, the new singer is going to be related, so it will be interesting to see how far they let those two crazy kids go.

And for agreeing to take Dottie's secret to her grave, her sister sure spilled it fast enough once she was threatened with the gravy train  stopping. And, LOL about Clive handling that pill bottle. Maybe they kill him next week?

Are we ever going to see any other time indicators other than Six Weeks earlier and Six Weeks Later? 

I am still guessing that this show will be pulled before the end of the scheduled episodes. This is number 5 and it is supposed to run for 12?  Just like when you see movies that were supposed to open and then they push it back, you know it will be bad. This show was supposed to run last year, or at least earlier, wasn't it?

Yes. IIRC, it was supposed to drop in March. Either way, pushing it back did nothing to improve the quality. At this point, I truly only watch it to see how much dumber it gets each week. 

Also, I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who didn't know that Gigi and her wife had a kid. 

• Love 1

I’m the only one who did know GiGi and her wife had a kid. In a previous episode Gigi called to sing to the kid who was already in bed so she sang to the wife (at her request) instead. It was while wife was checking her pregnancy test. We’ve never seen the kid. 

GiGi’s accent doesn’t bug me. Some of the others do though.  And that smashing Christmas scene would be a sound nightmare. 

at first Albie was sitting on a bench and that I didn’t think was steps from the car.  Then when he went three steps to the car it seemed like he got up from a sitting position and walked three steps. If Adkins can only walk 4 steps at a time they could still cut it a few frames after to make it seem like Trace Adkins wasn’t sitting in the parking lot staring at his car. 

Totally have always thought that young girl singer signed by Monarch was going to be Albie’s granddaughter. Still think so. 

• Love 1

I am not even understanding how the suicide is even an issue. Sarandon was physically completely capable of opening a pill bottle and taking as many pills as necessary.

Assisted suicide cases are problematic when the person lacks the physical ability to actually take the pills.

Nikki's fingerprints on the bottle are meaningless as she could have just said she brought the pill bottle to her mother from the bathroom or purse or drawer because her mother asked her to.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, amarante said:

I am not even understanding how the suicide is even an issue. Sarandon was physically completely capable of opening a pill bottle and taking as many pills as necessary.

Assisted suicide cases are problematic when the person lacks the physical ability to actually take the pills.

Nikki's fingerprints on the bottle are meaningless as she could have just said she brought the pill bottle to her mother from the bathroom or purse or drawer because her mother asked her to.

You make sense. The show does not. 
~~~
I, too, like the Lady Gaga song but all I could think was that smashing up Christmas items isn’t going to go down well w/religious right country fans (in the show. The 7 to 8 of us watching won’t care.) Nicky’s voice sounded good in both the Lady A karaoke & the Chicks cover. Her lip syncing was slightly improved. I think we’re going to get a love triangle between the hot rising star & the same age producer guy. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Trekky said:

This show is all over the place. I keep watching, hoping it gets better.

And how about some original songs?

It does my heart good to see someone else ask for some original music. Tired of covers of 15-year old country songs on a show that has been vocal about being set in 2022.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:50 AM, Retired at last said:

But, clearly, the new singer is going to be related, so it will be interesting to see how far they let those two crazy kids go.

He is adopted, so they will probably go all  the way and then find out that they are related.