Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

AnimeMania

S02.E01: Halloween II

Recommended Posts

After his evil plan to invade America's children's hospitals was foiled, the demon doll now seeks revenge on those he holds responsible, including his ex-girlfriend, Tiffany.

Premiere Date: October 5, 2022    9pm   SYFY / USA
NUP_199146_00123.jpg

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Holy shit, this season kicked off with a bang. Just when you think Chucky can’t be any more of a monster, he killed a child. Yeah, there was Alice in the movies, but the details on that were pretty vague. Poor sweet little Gary. 😭😭😭

I don’t think Andy’s dead. Or Kyle. Jake and Devon could tell Chucky was bluffing, that can’t be a red herring.

Jake, Devon, and Lexy aren’t faring too well. Foster care was terrible and Lexy’s a full-on addict. And even without Chucky lying in wait, Catholic school probably isn’t going to help.

LOL that Bride of Chucky is an actual movie in this universe.

I have a feeling that nun is connected to Chucky somehow.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Robin (not really his name). He was too precocious to live.   Although I do like that Jake was actually a good brother to him during the scenes they were together and wouldn't have minded a few more scenes of them doing the Kyle/Andy thing.   But it was really sad  that it was him that died in the end sending the gang to the Charles Lee Ray (of course it is) now a catholic reform school (of course it is)

And the show has just doubled down on the Jake and Devon relationship.  Last season I guess the relationship was new so were the boys/actors at it.  But this episode alone there was two kissing scenes.  So yeah.....Go relationship. 

I would’ve gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for you meddling kids.  

Lexy's drug addiction was both a help and in hindrance.   It bought Jake and Devon time to ask important questions but then she never actually checked her phone because God hates her.  

Uber has really made being a killer doll so much easier.   I always kinda wondered about this.....why doesn't the serial killer just take uber.  But then its the cell phone question.  And sometimes the show takes places just before cell phones were invented or there is just a reason why the cell phone breaks or isn't there but with this show the teens are talking to each other through their phones and getting to each others houses with uber so there is no reason why Chucky can't trick an idiot kid to take a bomb to his enemies house through uber.   

This show has already started off with a bang.  I really like that they all kinda drifted apart.  It made sense.  But because of Chucky and a series of unfortunate events they will have to band back together because well....God hates them.

And yeah the shrink gave Caroline a Tiffany doll.   And Lexy's mom continues to be the worst.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

And Lexy's mom continues to be the worst.  

Should’ve known she’d try to milk her widow status to run again after being recalled. However, she was briefly awesome when she threw out that reporter for badgering Caroline about Chucky.

I have no problem with Junior being made the scapegoat of the murders. He helped Chucky create his army, ergo he was responsible.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Should’ve known she’d try to milk her widow status to run again after being recalled. However, she was briefly awesome when she threw out that reporter for badgering Caroline about Chucky.

I have no problem with Junior being made the scapegoat of the murders. He helped Chucky create his army, ergo he was responsible.

I kinda feel sorry for Junior.  He was only successfully groomed by Chucky because Chucky murdered his mother and the Trio began excluding him from their wacky hijinks.  It left him between a father who was pushing him in a sport he increasing hated and a father figure who was highlighting his darkest instincts.   

Anyway it is a fun thing with the show that it is a standard MO to just blame everything on the convenient dead guy or the final girl.  I mean Curse of Chucky had the law blame a bunch of murders on someone in a wheelchair.  No offense to the….uhhhh disabled (that is the current term right?). people out there but that was a stretch and yet still more believable then a possessed killer doll.    So I can see the cops seeing a DIY bomb blow up a kid and just point the finger at three already troubled teens because…..well the killer doll thing again.   It’s a fun little nod the show does.   Andy is so fucked up because he told the truth all those years ago and his mom actually backed him up and all it did was get his mom institutionalized…but on the bright side it did get him a cool older sister.  

ok I think I was rambling.  Sorry.  Just am glad my show is back.  It is sooooo much fun.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Chaos Theory said:

I kinda feel sorry for Junior.  He was only successfully groomed by Chucky because Chucky murdered his mother and the Trio began excluding him from their wacky hijinks.  It left him between a father who was pushing him in a sort he increasing hated and a father figure who was highlighting his darkest instincts.   

True, but he didn’t seem to rethink his actions when he saw that Tiffany, the woman he thought his dad was hooking up with, was in league with Chucky. Maybe if he’d had a realization right there that he’d been duped, started to get an inkling that Chucky killed his mom —like Jake TRIED to tell him—I might have pitied him but no. After all that, last minute heel turn by saving Lexy kind of came off as forced.

And he was hostile to Jake from day one, so I really can’t blame the trio for excluding him. They knew he wouldn’t believe them.

  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

True, but he didn’t seem to rethink his actions when he saw that Tiffany, the woman he thought his dad was hooking up with, was in league with Chucky. Maybe if he’d had a realization right there that he’d been duped, started to get an inkling that Chucky killed his mom —like Jake TRIED to tell him—I might have pitied him but no. After all that, last minute heel turn by saving Lexy kind of came off as forced.

And he was hostile to Jake from day one, so I really can’t blame the trio for excluding him. They knew he wouldn’t believe them.

Tiffany was always a wild card and it is hard to know what Junior thought when he saw her but by the time he walked into her “inner sanctum” Chucky has become his new family and he was ready anxiously awaiting his next kill.   I think the idea it was going to be Devon kind of shocked him partially back to reality and later seeing Lexy again shocked him all the way back but I don’t really think Junior was in any frame of thought to make rational decisions about who and what Tiffany was in the scheme of things.  Especially with all the other crazy going on.

I am actually curious about the hints we got that before Lexy was a bully  she was bullied herself and her bully goes to the same reform school the trio is being sent to.     This is still the first episode of the season and there are things I would have liked to have seen more of.  Like Lexy’s troubling behavior.   Jake being a good big brother to “Robin”. Their foster parents not really caring about either of them but at the sand time disapproving of Jake’s homosexuality.  Maybe even what Devon’s home life is like.   But ultimately there are enough hints that this is going to be a fun season.   Andy’s sacrifice might have had the unintended consequence of teaching the Chucky dolls about suicide missions for the greater good….or evil in their case.    The school being where Charles Lee Ray was when he was the trio’s age so he has the home field advantage.   The trio all have varying degrees of PTSD but adults think that are varying degrees of psychopaths.    You know fun stuff.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm guessing the therapist the Cross family is seeing is either Tiffany's mom or sister.  Maybe the Belle doll is just a regular doll and not Tiffany inside it pretending to be a regular doll.  Given Christine Elise is appearing this season, we know Kyle might not be dead.  Andy isn't dead and maybe he

Spoiler

jumped out of the truck before it went over the cliff. 

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Female83 said:

I'm guessing the therapist the Cross family is seeing is either Tiffany's mom or sister.  Maybe the Belle doll is just a regular doll and not Tiffany inside it pretending to be a regular doll.  Given Christine Elise is appearing this season, we know Kyle might not be dead.  Andy isn't dead and maybe he

  Hide contents

jumped out of the truck before it went over the cliff. 

Chucky said in Seed of Chucky that he actually killed Tiffany's mom. So that leaves her out unless we get a twist. 

I have to say an unpopular opinion or a mixed one as I saw a few You Tube videos say the same thing but Jake and Devon didn't have much chemistry to me in this episode. Maybe it's because they are supposed to be building toward tension like Jake not taking Devon's hand when they were on the bus but they felt off. I wasn't getting any chemistry vibes at all.  I am glad the trio was sent to the same place and that should be a blast. I like when they are all together. 

Very cool seeing the original Tiffany doll again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I liked the Scream references in the opening--very ominous.  But poor Gary had his life cut short for no reason at all.  You do need a phone and a credit card, etc to order/take an uber, so either that is setup by some ally human or he must be stealing a phone from a victim for every ride, which would be very conspicuous.  But, this was a great opening.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

I guess Chucky is going to dissect his kills with each episode. His “sorry not sorry” attitude about Gary reminds us all that he is just the worst.

I think Devon and Jake seem off on purpose because they’ve been through a lot. And now Jake has more guilt to bear over Gary, and that’s not going to help matters.

I do think the shrink might be in on it. Wasn’t she Bree’s shrink too? The one that told everyone she probably killed herself though it made no common sense? Hmmmm…

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Chucky could have been taking cabs all over town since the 80s, but I’ll let it slide. 🤣

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2022 at 11:41 AM, Cinnabon said:

Chucky could have been taking cabs all over town since the 80s, but I’ll let it slide. 🤣

Not really.   You  have to flag down a cab (and what cabby would stop for Chucky?) or call one to pick you up…again same problem.      The fun thing about Uber is that there is actually a Uber Kids app so Chucky could effectively steal a credit card and use that.    I’ve heard stories about cab drivers back in the 90s not want to take young teens without an adult being present giving consent.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Not really.   You  have to flag down a cab (and what cabby would stop for Chucky?) or call one to pick you up…again same problem.      The fun thing about Uber is that there is actually a Uber Kids app so Chucky could effectively steal a credit card and use that.    I’ve heard stories about cab drivers back in the 90s not want to take young teens without an adult being present giving consent.

Chucky can’t use the phone but he can use an app?

Share this post


Link to post

So the Chucky movies exist in this show? Uh I really wish they wouldn't have done this. This really makes no sense, even if they had a super elaborate explaination. I have to wonder, why now. Last season they made no indication that the Chucky movies existed in the universe.

I guess I'm going to ignore it for now, but I'm not thrilled.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

So the Chucky movies exist in this show? Uh I really wish they wouldn't have done this. This really makes no sense, even if they had a super elaborate explaination. I have to wonder, why now. Last season they made no indication that the Chucky movies existed in the universe.

Oh you mean when they were talking about the Chucky movie that Jennifer Tilly made? That was “Chucky Goes Psycho” the movie that was being made in Seed of Chucky. I don’t know if it got retitled to Bride as a sort of meta in-joke or if that was just supposed to be a sequel to this universe’s “Bride of Chucky” but either way, it’s consistent that they know Jennifer made a Chucky movie, since this series follows the movies.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The thing is they said the name of the movie was "Bride of Chucky", which is a movie in the real world. If that was meant to be a sequel to the in-universe movie they really chose a bad, confusing name for it. Also since Tiffany was in it, you'd think they'd just reference "Chucky goes psycho", to not have the audience have to fanwank a never before mentioned sequel, that has the same name as a film in the real world.

I guess I'm just going to assume that somebody fucked up and accidentally put "Bride of Chucky" instead of "Chucky goes psycho" into the script.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size