Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Face Off

• Start Topic

Simone utilizes her informant to track down an arms dealer on the FBI’s Most Wanted list; and Brendon, against Laura’s advice, investigates a risky lead on a congressman. When Carter and Brendon each find themselves at a crossroads, they begin to question their futures on the team and their loyalty is tested. Cutty and Simone struggle to see eye-to-eye on how they are helping the community, while Tim and Laura find common ground with their similar no-nonsense approach to training rookies.

Premiere Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2022      10pm     ABC

Melissa O'Neil as Lucy Chen
John Hans Tester as Dylan Santiago
Mark Pellegrino
Jamad Mays
Shante Deloach
164542_8407.jpg
164322_3510.jpg

Not bad.
I appreciate that it's quirkier and less dark than the usual fibbie TV show. 

Is Simone/Niecy Nash supposed to be 40? I can almost believe it. But not 35 without explicitly being told I am supposed to accept her as 35. 

As someone who was always embarrassed by my disproportionate boobage, I appreciate that Niecy Nash has managed to leverage hers as a comedic asset trademark, but hopefully as the show goes on, and the viewers are aware of this asset of hers, they will only be trotted out for special occasions of, say, distraction, deception, and wardrobe accessorizing related to her FBI cases. 

• Applause 3
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Is Simone/Niecy Nash supposed to be 40? I can almost believe it. But not 35 without explicitly being told I am supposed to accept her as 35. 

Simone is supposed to be 48, so that totally works (Nash-Betts is 52, so it's very close). 

I agree that this remains better than expected. Not necessarily GOOD, but good enough to still hang in there, since there's just enough personality for it to be worth the typical procedural stuff, which I haaaaate. Basically, it's very much like like its parent show.

Nash-Betts still needs to tone things down a little bit. As you note, some of the outfits don't make sense for HER. There's no way even someone who LOVES her own body and her chest would wear some of these outfits to work. 

Also, while thank goodness Simone stopped talking about her guidance counselor past, but it's also kind of weird how some of her tricks work WAY too well. Like her charm on the initial guy. Nash-Betts is an attractive woman, but she's not a young woman and also plainly an FBI agent, so it was way too silly to see the guy legit flirting with her like it was a real thing. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I can accept this show for what it is and do enjoy the characters.  However, Simone's huge cleavage displays are too outrageous and the focus on "her look of the day" just derails the whole thing for me.  Such a class clown act.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I enjoyed it, the story was upbeat, not a lot of filler, and the hour went by very fast. I wish they would have explained definitively if that guy was the guy who was the FBI's 9th most wanted and who the lady was and where she pulled that flash bang out of. 

I have never been a fan of serious police shows, I am glad they are not trying to be that.

• Love 1

So I realize that I am not at all the person to speak on or even have an opinion on this, but I’m not a big fan of the dad jumping all over Nicey’s case about “turning her back on her community” every episode. 
maybe others enjoy this, but I do not. Especially when it seems the formula is dad is up in arms about her actions, by the end of the episode her actions prove she is doing her best for her community. 

im enjoying the other parts of the show though. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, HelloooKitty said:

So I realize that I am not at all the person to speak on or even have an opinion on this, but I’m not a big fan of the dad jumping all over Nicey’s case about “turning her back on her community” every episode. 
maybe others enjoy this, but I do not. Especially when it seems the formula is dad is up in arms about her actions, by the end of the episode her actions prove she is doing her best for her community. 

im enjoying the other parts of the show though. 

I'm guessing we won't be seeing this every episode. 

I died laughing at the opening shootout, with Niecy in a cleavage revealing wedding gown. Then she went on to work the next day, even her father suggests buttoning an extra button, but no, she's gotta "own" that she has ample bosums.  Of course.  

I missed the first episode, hopefully they'll rerun it eventually when the show's off for a week or something. I appreciate this show is more of a dramedy. I went into it thinking it would be ultra serious like The Equalizer (which I do enjoy), but was happy it's more lighthearted. Niecy Nash is killing it. I didn't know anything about the rest of the cast, so was pleasantly surprised to see Kevin Zegers! Loved him in TransAmerica back when. I'm glad he's here so I have two actors to keep my attention at least.

• Like 1

Not familiar with the actress playing the blonde agent - Laura? - but I'm a bit distracted by her. I know she can't help her youthful face, but together with those little bangs, she looks about 12 and definitely not "experienced FBI agent-y".

• Like 1