Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: The Real You

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When a convicted murderer hijacks a prison van, the team scrambles to find him and the abducted prison guard before it’s too late. Burgess questions Ruzek’s motives in a case, creating tension between the two.

Airdate: 09/28/2022

So something must be wrong with me... I actually kind of liked this episode. Yikes. 

"Ripped from the headlines" is Law and Order's thing, but I thought they did it well here.  And dare I say that Hailey didn't bother me as much as normal, when she realized that someone needed to take charge in Voight and Jay's absence... She's the next highest ranked and they all looked to her, Platt not included of course.  She annoyed me at the end again of course, but she was okay in the beginning. 

Platt! It was nice to see Trudy involved again for once! 

We still need more Atwater though.  I also like the new guy, too. 

I like that Jay would rather drink with Voight than go home. But I really hope that the previews aren't hinting that his guilty conscience makes him confess and he's written out by going to jail... that would be an awful end for the character. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I liked tonight’s episode too.

Did Jay and Voight see his brother in the Chicago Med hour?

Looks like Jay is being dragged down the rabbit hole with Voight, and will have to leave the team to clear his head and make better choices.  Too bad Haley won’t go offscreen with him.  

Nice to see Ruzek having something good happen to him.  

And still, m’row to the new guy.  I liike his character too.  He’ll make a good replacement Jay, I think, but without the baggage Jay has acquired.

• Like 1

Adam building a birdhouse in his backyard because Makayla wanted one, that’s so sweet… 🥺

Happy for Adam that his girls are moving in but he needs to be careful with Kim and her indecisiveness.

How many lines did Kevin and Torres have in this episode? 🤨

Upstead fans think that Jay is possessed because he’s been acting weird - kicking the motel door without thinking much, raising his voice to Hayley, choosing to be at the bar with Voight than going home to his wife. 🙄😆🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 1

I honestly don't know what to do with myself... the fact that Burzek started and ended an episode in a good place is just so uncommon. 

I enjoyed the episode, it had early season vibes about it case wise however it was far from perfect. I know they have other stuff going on but FFS can Atwater get any sort of attention. Fair dinkum LaRoyce should throw himself down the stairs to try & some screentime.

As soon as they asked to see the CCTV footage it clicked that she was a accomplice so that sent them in another direction. The death of the kid.... they really need to stop doing that. That's 2 in 2 weeks. Adam lying on the ground next to her & the horse in her hand... yep, I got something in my eye at that moment.

Felony Barbie in charge made sense (I feel dirty just typing that) but my giddy aunt, she cannot act. That scene at the bullpen was so poorly acted I do wonder if they gave up eventually filming multiple takes because it was about as good as it gets. Everything with her is so scripted.

And good on Will for his typical HIPPA violations. 😂 At least he's never changed.

I think I enjoyed her sitting at home alone, wallowing in her own self pity with a bottle of wine a little too much.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This episode felt like the Chicago PD of old. Solid episode. 

Happy for Burzek but I can't help but feel like poor Adam's going to get his heart broken again. 

Kinda liked seeing Jay going dirty. I can tell this is the set up to the send off, but I like it. Especially because it annoys Hailey 😙

1 hour ago, Guildford said:

I know they have other stuff going on but FFS can Atwater get any sort of attention. Fair dinkum LaRoyce should throw himself down the stairs to try & some screentime.

LMAO! That's hilarious! I feel the same way. It was actually disrespectful that the writers had the team search the hotel AND the abandoned mall without Atwater. Why the hell would they have him babysitting an empty car? He's an integral part of the show! Idk if I can see LaRoyce in another role, but I think he should start looking for work. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Upstead fans think that Jay is possessed because he’s been acting weird - kicking the motel door without thinking much, raising his voice to Hayley, choosing to be at the bar with Voight than  going home to his wife. 🙄😆🤦🏻‍♀️

I disagree with this tweet - was that supposed to be the example of him "screaming" at Hailey?  Please...  He barely raised his voice to say that the guy assaulted Voight.  That's not screaming at all.  Plus, Hailey and Voight were standing right next to each other, so it's impossible to tell who Jay looked at.  I don't understand what some people are watching sometimes, because it sure doesn't seem like the same thing I am.

ETA:  If anything, SHE screamed at HIM.

12 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Did Jay and Voight see his brother in the Chicago Med hour?

No, I don't think so.  That was just off camera I guess.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, Nintra16 said:

This episode felt like the Chicago PD of old. Solid episode. 

Happy for Burzek but I can't help but feel like poor Adam's going to get his heart broken again. 

Kinda liked seeing Jay going dirty. I can tell this is the set up to the send off, but I like it. Especially because it annoys Hailey 😙

LMAO! That's hilarious! I feel the same way. It was actually disrespectful that the writers had the team search the hotel AND the abandoned mall without Atwater. Why the hell would they have him babysitting an empty car? He's an integral part of the show! Idk if I can see LaRoyce in another role, but I think he should start looking for work. 

Hopefully with Mopey gone they might team him up with Torres & we will get to see more of him. Last night had to be one of the worst episodes for ignoring him in a long time. Totally ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2022 at 10:24 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

No, I don't think so.  That was just off camera I guess.

Still, I kinda liked that - it was like a tiny shoutout to when Will was first introduced on the show, before Med even began. He had just returned to Chicago from New York, and when Voight heard there was a Dr Halstead, he roped him into helping with some guy's wounds off the books in a really sketchy setup. It was nice to know Voight still trusts Will.