Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Speculations: Or Where We Do *Not* Complain About Canon

• Start Topic

The fact that there are so many things in this show that are just a little off from SPN canon lore, canon characterizations, that I feel like they were a deliberate choice. IMO, it gives more weight to the theory that this is an AU. 

I am speculating that this is the AU!ApocolypseWorld where they went to in S12-13. In this world, John is dead because Mary never made a deal, and there are no Dean and Sam Winchester. John could have known about the supernatural earlier than in the SPN universe. Henry and Millie could have been living in Lawrence instead of Normal. There could be a MoL base in Lawrence instead of Lebanon. Point being, anything could be just a little different, and also anything is possible. 

If we take the hints that Ketch and Charlie might be showing up, I have a weird theory of how Dean ends up there. So here goes.

We’re not really told if there was any Angel resistance to AU!Michael destroying the earth. It’s possible there were some angels on the side of humanity. What if those angels heard about the stories of Sam and Dean that Mary and Jack might be telling people. Maybe they come up with a plan to have their own set of Winchester brothers to stop the apocalypse. After all, even if they fail, they wouldn’t be any worse off than they are.

Henry could have died in any way in this world, but most likely because of Abbadon since there aren’t any MoL when John finds the clubhouse. He could have escaped the same way, but got derailed because John had died in 1973. Maybe he shows up near Dean, when Dean and Ketch are there in 13.18. As Henry shows up, an angel of the resistance finds him first, and reads his mind and takes the letter that he wrote to John (that he always carries). At the end of the episode, when Dean and Ketch are at the rift, and they decide that Dean will go through alone, in that split second before Dean steps through the rift, the angel puts Henry’s letter in his pocket, along with another note, and sends him back to 1972, to stop John’s death, to make sure Sam and Dean are born in this world. There could be a time limit of how long Dean is there. 6 months?  A year? After which, Dean will be pulled back to the moment of stepping through the rift, and SPN continues as it did. Nothing in their timeline has changed. Maybe the timeline in the AU changed or it didn’t. Maybe this is where the Akrida come in. 

It also explains away so many inconsistencies. Yes, it is pretty convoluted, but so is SPN.

(And I really don't want it to be after Dean's death.)

Edited by MAK
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, MAK said:

The fact that there are so many things in this show that are just a little off from SPN canon lore, canon characterizations, that I feel like they were a deliberate choice. IMO, it gives more weight to the theory that this is an AU. 

I am speculating that this is the AU!ApocolypseWorld where they went to in S12-13. In this world, John is dead because Mary never made a deal, and there are no Dean and Sam Winchester. John could have known about the supernatural earlier than in the SPN universe. Henry and Millie could have been living in Lawrence instead of Normal. There could be a MoL base in Lawrence instead of Lebanon. Point being, anything could be just a little different, and also anything is possible. 

If we take the hints that Ketch and Charlie might be showing up, I have a weird theory of how Dean ends up there. So here goes.

We’re not really told if there was any Angel resistance to AU!Michael destroying the earth. It’s possible there were some angels on the side of humanity. What if those angels heard about the stories of Sam and Dean that Mary and Jack might be telling people. Maybe they come up with a plan to have their own set of Winchester brothers to stop the apocalypse. After all, even if they fail, they wouldn’t be any worse off than they are.

Henry could have died in any way in this world, but most likely because of Abbadon since there aren’t any MoL when John finds the clubhouse. He could have escaped the same way but got derailed because John had died in 1973. Maybe he shows up near Dean, when Dean and Ketch are there in 13.18. As Henry shows up, an angel of the resistance finds him first, and reads his mind and takes the letter that he wrote to John (that he always carries). At the end of the episode, when Dean and Ketch are at the rift, and they decide that Dean will go through alone, in that split second before Dean steps through the rift, the angel puts Henry’s letter in his pocket, along with another note, and sends him back to 1972, to stop John’s death, to make sure Sam and Dean are born in this world. There could be a time limit of how long Dean is there. 6 months?  A year? After which, Dean will be pulled back to the moment of stepping through the rift, and SPN continues as it did. Nothing in their timeline has changed. Maybe the timeline in the AU changed or it didn’t. Maybe this is where the Akrida come in. 

It also explains away so many inconsistencies. Yes, it is pretty convoluted, but so is SPN.

(And I really don't want it to be after Dean's death.)

I think Jensen and Robbie are trying to make this as simple as possible with the caveat of Jensen wanting a better ending for Dean. From everything we have heard from conventions and interviews and what we have seen in the aired episodes, I believe Dean's heaven ride was stopped by Castiel. The Arkrida are destroying creation which includes heaven. Before the time wave destroys everything, Cas sends Dean back in the Heaven impala to stop the Akrida. The timeline has already been changed by the invasion so Dean tips over the first domino to give Mary and John an advantage in the fight. 

So right off the bat, I'm ecstatic that Dean gets another world save by setting this all off. I never expected or even hoped for that but it's great. Now I'm hoping that they reveal Dean has been doing some things behind the scenes that will give a new perspective on the early episodes. I would be over the moon if Dean was the one that killed the warehouse Zombies, but I think I'm giving the writers too much credit on that one. We do know that Dean is doing things that have made him a threat to the Akrida and they are trying to kill him. 

By now, Jensen knows if the show is cancelled...by all signs it is. They had enough time to film a proper ending to the story. We will know at the end of 13, if its open ended and no one is mind wiped then someone probably picked it up. Regardless on if the show goes on or not, I don't think Dean goes back to heaven. I believe the plan was always to resurrect Dean and leave him in the 70's to live out his life. By all rights he should be dead by 2005 when the show starts but they could end it multiple ways. The journal could arrive to Sam sometime after Dean's death in 2020 and he would know what really happened. Or a 90 something Dean could arrive on Sam's doorstep and die all over again. Best scenario, a Supernatural movie or reboot and Dean is sent back to the present or better, Sam is sent back in time, and they do a proper True Detective set in the 90's. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

@Lastcall, I like your theory about Castiel stopping Dean's heavenly drive and sending him on a mission to stop the Arkrida from destroying our universe (or perhaps another) by going back in time. I don't have a problem of this story happening after Dean's death if it gives him an additional purpose of saving people and hunting things. I think they would send Dean back to heaven after successfully ridding the world of the Arkrida rather than a resurrection. Still a more satisfying ending to Dean's life and accomplishments. However, your idea is very creative!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, FlickChick said:

@Lastcall, I like your theory about Castiel stopping Dean's heavenly drive and sending him on a mission to stop the Arkrida from destroying our universe (or perhaps another) by going back in time. I don't have a problem of this story happening after Dean's death if it gives him an additional purpose of saving people and hunting things. I think they would send Dean back to heaven after successfully ridding the world of the Arkrida rather than a resurrection. Still a more satisfying ending to Dean's life and accomplishments. However, your idea is very creative!

Thanks, I'm trying to see this from a business perspective as well as the creative side. Jensen and Jared constantly say they want to do more Supernatural in the future. I don't think they will send Dean back to Heaven in 13 because all of the heavy lifting to explain why Dean is alive has already been done. He is resurrected in the 70's so he has to die again to go back to heaven. If they ever get the go ahead for a movie or continuation, all they have to do is explain the time travel that gets Sam and Dean back together.

The second element is how divisive the Series Finale was. One of the main issues was how Dean went out. That gets fixed if the vampires are no longer Deans last hunt. If you look at Jensen's convention appearances and interviews, he has really warmed to the series finale over the past two years. He knows many fans won't watch the finale and he addressed that last con, telling a fan at a panel that people who don't watch the finale are robbing themselves of a great ending. Now I think that means that though it was a great finale for Supernatural it was not the finale for Dean Winchester.

Jensen seems to want to make the finale better for as many people as possible. Misha said he was going to be on The Winchesters. So, I believe Dean will tell Castiel he loves him (the same way he loves Sam, John and Mary though the Destiels won't see it that way) but it will be in a non-romantic way. Dean will see Creation being destroyed as he is sent back to the 70's. When the Akrida are defeated, Creation is restored and Castiel appears. He does a mind wipe that only applies to Mary, John, Samuel and maybe Millie. That leads into the season 4 episode. Castiel goes back to heaven and Dean stays to keep hunting with Carlos, Lata and Ada out of the MoL base. When Dean eventually dies, he continues his ride in heaven to the bridge. Twitter would freak and people at the conventions would gush over it for years.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

IMO it's not an AU, they've already said it's not an AU.

That said I certainly like the idea better than some spec I've heard.  I have a feeling it won't be this good(because even with Jensen at the helm I imagine they can't give Dean that much credit) but that would kind of fix everything. Though then again he'd still have to let himself and his family be miserable(he won't be able to stop Mary from dying or his childhood from being awful or John from turning into an abusive bastard - it's the Captain America thing again)

On 2/5/2023 at 9:58 AM, Lastcall said:

Thanks, I'm trying to see this from a business perspective as well as the creative side. Jensen and Jared constantly say they want to do more Supernatural in the future. I don't think they will send Dean back to Heaven in 13 because all of the heavy lifting to explain why Dean is alive has already been done. He is resurrected in the 70's so he has to die again to go back to heaven. If they ever get the go ahead for a movie or continuation, all they have to do is explain the time travel that gets Sam and Dean back together.

The second element is how divisive the Series Finale was. One of the main issues was how Dean went out. That gets fixed if the vampires are no longer Deans last hunt. If you look at Jensen's convention appearances and interviews, he has really warmed to the series finale over the past two years. He knows many fans won't watch the finale and he addressed that last con, telling a fan at a panel that people who don't watch the finale are robbing themselves of a great ending. Now I think that means that though it was a great finale for Supernatural it was not the finale for Dean Winchester.

Jensen seems to want to make the finale better for as many people as possible. Misha said he was going to be on The Winchesters. So, I believe Dean will tell Castiel he loves him (the same way he loves Sam, John and Mary though the Destiels won't see it that way) but it will be in a non-romantic way. Dean will see Creation being destroyed as he is sent back to the 70's. When the Akrida are defeated, Creation is restored and Castiel appears. He does a mind wipe that only applies to Mary, John, Samuel and maybe Millie. That leads into the season 4 episode. Castiel goes back to heaven and Dean stays to keep hunting with Carlos, Lata and Ada out of the MoL base. When Dean eventually dies, he continues his ride in heaven to the bridge. Twitter would freak and people at the conventions would gush over it for years.

17 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

IMO it's not an AU, they've already said it's not an AU.

That said I certainly like the idea better than some spec I've heard.  I have a feeling it won't be this good(because even with Jensen at the helm I imagine they can't give Dean that much credit) but that would kind of fix everything. Though then again he'd still have to let himself and his family be miserable(he won't be able to stop Mary from dying or his childhood from being awful or John from turning into an abusive bastard - it's the Captain America thing again)

I didn't have time to finish my thought yesterday as I had stuff to do but that would probably be the only difficult part of it - if Dean stuck around and lived until 2005, he'd have to let all that awful stuff happen.  I don't think that would be wrong because if it happened, it happened and trying to change things I'm sure we'll see would make things worse, but given how people reacted to the Captain America thing in Avengers Endgame, I'm sure they'd be like "Why did he let all that terrible stuff happen to his family wah wah wah!"  Or "why did he let Sam suffer thinking he was dead when he was alive in the past! He should have left a message that Sam would get after his death so Sam knew it wasn't the end"  That said, it doesn't mean Sam wouldn't have been sad living all those years without Dean, he could still cry because he missed his brother, even if he knew he actually did get to live a life in the past.

But as I said I think it's a great idea and I wouldn't mind if something like this happened.  I do think it'll be good whatever they end up doing, they genuinely care about the SPN universe and the characters but I like this, it makes Dean significant without making anyone else insignificant and gives him own story.

Either that or Dean has to choose to die again, in the past, to save the future, at least this time he'd be dying for something significant and not just an oopsie.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

I didn't have time to finish my thought yesterday as I had stuff to do but that would probably be the only difficult part of it - if Dean stuck around and lived until 2005, he'd have to let all that awful stuff happen.  I don't think that would be wrong because if it happened, it happened and trying to change things I'm sure we'll see would make things worse, but given how people reacted to the Captain America thing in Avengers Endgame, I'm sure they'd be like "Why did he let all that terrible stuff happen to his family wah wah wah!"  Or "why did he let Sam suffer thinking he was dead when he was alive in the past! He should have left a message that Sam would get after his death so Sam knew it wasn't the end"  That said, it doesn't mean Sam wouldn't have been sad living all those years without Dean, he could still cry because he missed his brother, even if he knew he actually did get to live a life in the past.

But as I said I think it's a great idea and I wouldn't mind if something like this happened.  I do think it'll be good whatever they end up doing, they genuinely care about the SPN universe and the characters but I like this, it makes Dean significant without making anyone else insignificant and gives him own story.

Either that or Dean has to choose to die again, in the past, to save the future, at least this time he'd be dying for something significant and not just an oopsie.

I've thought about an AU but if it is then Chuck destroys it which is a downer. Jack might have restored them all so they may address that. Dean travelling back in time from the prime universe could have caused a parallel timeline where Chuck has no influence, thus two universes. I can't see Dean permanently changing the prime timeline because fans would go nuts if Dean was the only character to remember the old universe (though I would be fine with it). I can't see a way around a reset, but I couldn't see a way to do a reboot without the finale being a dream or disregarded entirely. 

Main reason I can't see Dean dying again, Jensen's finale death scene has been built up so much and was so well acted and emotional that I don't see him wanting to try it again. 

• Like 1

Does anyone feel that Sam will make an appearance in the last three episodes?  And there are more than a few fans, and of course they are mostly Destiel shippers, who think the whole point of Robbie and Jensen developing “The Winchesters” is to have Dean declare his love for Castiel in a more than platonic way in the last few episodes.

18 hours ago, BornToDie said:

Does anyone feel that Sam will make an appearance in the last three episodes?  And there are more than a few fans, and of course they are mostly Destiel shippers, who think the whole point of Robbie and Jensen developing “The Winchesters” is to have Dean declare his love for Castiel in a more than platonic way in the last few episodes.

And then bitch and moan when something that noone gave them the slightest indication would happen and is extremely unlikely to happen will not happen? Some things just never change.

I doubt any big cameos will happen before episode 13. And then it`s a matter of availability as all actors filmed something else at the time.     

• Like 3

I think it's possible Sam might show up, I also think it's possible Castiel might show.  I don't think it's crazy to think Castiel may have a part to play.  Not the way the shippers think but Castiel was Dean's best friend, so no matter how you take his feelings, he did love him and he could feel guilt that Castiel died for him and it happened so quickly he didn't have time to react or let him know how much he meant to him.  Even saying Cas knew that, doesn't mean Dean, Mr Feels Guilty about Everyone he can't save, wouldn't feel very heavy regrets about what happened to his best friend.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

I think it's possible Sam might show up, I also think it's possible Castiel might show.  I don't think it's crazy to think Castiel may have a part to play.  Not the way the shippers think but Castiel was Dean's best friend, so no matter how you take his feelings, he did love him and he could feel guilt that Castiel died for him and it happened so quickly he didn't have time to react or let him know how much he meant to him.  Even saying Cas knew that, doesn't mean Dean, Mr Feels Guilty about Everyone he can't save, wouldn't feel very heavy regrets about what happened to his best friend.

Oh, I think there is a perfectly good chance Cas appears. He would be the easiest "answer" to how Dean might have gotten out of heaven and back in time if that is what it is. And I`m sure they would have a nice, warm-hearted scene together but shippers convincing themselves again it will be the lovey-dovey confession of the ages - without any hints as to why that would happen - reminds me of not just SPN but so many other shows where "it will surely happen" before it never happened scenarios. Sherlock, Merlin, Teen Wolf, Supergirl and apparently Destiel. 

Sam is also a possibility if they really tease "continuation" of SPN here. Unless it isn`t after Dean`s death but at another point in the timeline. But if so, you need to wipe Dean`s memories, too, because obviously at various points he didn`t know yet his mother was a hunter, the MOL were a thing etc. After his death is the "easiest" choice regarding his character with the current storyline.

But then you would have either call back to the heaven reunion and go "well, they were bored and went back- somehow" or retcon the SPN ending with the bad wig and the rusty nail and everything. Which I`m all for.       

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Oh, I think there is a perfectly good chance Cas appears. He would be the easiest "answer" to how Dean might have gotten out of heaven and back in time if that is what it is. And I`m sure they would have a nice, warm-hearted scene together but shippers convincing themselves again it will be the lovey-dovey confession of the ages - without any hints as to why that would happen - reminds me of not just SPN but so many other shows where "it will surely happen" before it never happened scenarios. Sherlock, Merlin, Teen Wolf, Supergirl and apparently Destiel. 

Sam is also a possibility if they really tease "continuation" of SPN here. Unless it isn`t after Dean`s death but at another point in the timeline. But if so, you need to wipe Dean`s memories, too, because obviously at various points he didn`t know yet his mother was a hunter, the MOL were a thing etc. After his death is the "easiest" choice regarding his character with the current storyline.

But then you would have either call back to the heaven reunion and go "well, they were bored and went back- somehow" or retcon the SPN ending with the bad wig and the rusty nail and everything. Which I`m all for.       

Someone said Misha said he going to be on The Winchesters at a convention. I believe it, it's the best explanation for how Dean travels back and there is too much potential for closure. Sam is a possibility. They could have a 90 something Dean show up on his doorstep and deliver the journal (which considering the Sam wig might be a bad idea) or the Journal is dropped off with Sam and it closes with him reading the true story.

I can't see Jensen overwriting the ending of the series finale. Jared loves the episode too much and pretty much the entire cast got the ending they wanted excepting Jensen. I think this Dean arc is about getting the ending Jensen wanted for him instead of having to eat what he was given. 

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

Someone said Misha said he going to be on The Winchesters at a convention. I believe it, it's the best explanation for how Dean travels back and there is too much potential for closure. Sam is a possibility. They could have a 90 something Dean show up on his doorstep and deliver the journal (which considering the Sam wig might be a bad idea) or the Journal is dropped off with Sam and it closes with him reading the true story.

I can't see Jensen overwriting the ending of the series finale. Jared loves the episode too much and pretty much the entire cast got the ending they wanted excepting Jensen. I think this Dean arc is about getting the ending Jensen wanted for him instead of having to eat what he was given. 

If Dean gets another ending, that in itself overwrites the Finale. Lets say it keeps Dean`s stupid death, the terrible words he is made to say and the bad wig as well as the heaven reunion as the end point, if you give Dean an adventure in between that happens to happen kinda as a mystery in the Winchesters, it is still overwriting things because that very clearly wasn`t implied to have happened. Especially if you have a time-loop-y Dean live out his years in yesteryore. 

Granted, I wouldn`t give a rat`s ass who loved that episode if I hated it and got a chance of a do-over. 

Now maybe it all shakes out differently anyway. But it already has been addressed in interviews that Dean-in-the-past is not just an easter egg but a mystery to be resolved in ep 13. And apparently by handing John the letter, he kickstarted something, i.e. some changes in the timeline at the very least. So a reset at the end? Or something in between?  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

If Dean gets another ending, that in itself overwrites the Finale. Lets say it keeps Dean`s stupid death, the terrible words he is made to say and the bad wig as well as the heaven reunion as the end point, if you give Dean an adventure in between that happens to happen kinda as a mystery in the Winchesters, it is still overwriting things because that very clearly wasn`t implied to have happened. Especially if you have a time-loop-y Dean live out his years in yesteryore. 

Granted, I wouldn`t give a rat`s ass who loved that episode if I hated it and got a chance of a do-over. 

Now maybe it all shakes out differently anyway. But it already has been addressed in interviews that Dean-in-the-past is not just an easter egg but a mystery to be resolved in ep 13. And apparently by handing John the letter, he kickstarted something, i.e. some changes in the timeline at the very least. So a reset at the end? Or something in between?  

Thats what is brilliant about how they played this. Every shot of the Finale is still canon and those that loved it still have it. You are 100% correct that Dean's story is overwritten. Dabb did everything in his power to put Dean in an escape proof box. Jared tried to soften it by saying he believed there were years between 19 and 20 but it's pretty clear what Dabb intended. Dean died the first hunt he went on without Chuck writing and had 4-minute drive to a bridge before being reunited with Sam. Sam had a wide door open for future adventures with or without Dean II while also setting up a Dean II show in the future.  Jensen and Robbie did overwrite the Dean side of the story. He gets a world save and is responsible for every good thing the Scooby gang does from the moment they banded together. He has gotten at least a few more months of life and has survived the Akrida hunting him without Chuck's protection. All of that is a huge win for Jensen and the Dean fans.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Lastcall said:

Thats what is brilliant about how they played this. Every shot of the Finale is still canon and those that loved it still have it. You are 100% correct that Dean's story is overwritten. Dabb did everything in his power to put Dean in an escape proof box. Jared tried to soften it by saying he believed there were years between 19 and 20 but it's pretty clear what Dabb intended. Dean died the first hunt he went on without Chuck writing and had 4-minute drive to a bridge before being reunited with Sam. Sam had a wide door open for future adventures with or without Dean II while also setting up a Dean II show in the future.  Jensen and Robbie did overwrite the Dean side of the story. He gets a world save and is responsible for every good thing the Scooby gang does from the moment they banded together. He has gotten at least a few more months of life and has survived the Akrida hunting him without Chuck's protection. All of that is a huge win for Jensen and the Dean fans.

Wow! Do you think Jensen would develop an entire series, sell it as the epic love story of John and Mary, put together a group of young actors tell them this is your show, parade them around as the stars and convince Robbie to go along with it in order to rewrite the finale of Supernatural just to please Dean fans and stroke his own ego?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Shadow42 said:

Wow! Do you think Jensen would develop an entire series, sell it as the epic love story of John and Mary, put together a group of young actors tell them this is your show, parade them around as the stars and convince Robbie to go along with it in order to rewrite the finale of Supernatural just to please Dean fans and stroke his own ego?

I think any supernatural project Pedowitz would have approved would have involved fixing Dean's ending. Jensen went into the Season Finale pitch at the start of season 15 expecting it to be a collaboration but it turned into Dabb informing him what the ending would be. Jensen's struggles with that are well documented and I believe he started the ball rolling with Pedowitz way before Nexstar was on the horizon. Jensen took Pedowitz's mandate and assembled his team to build a show around everyone's strengths and the series came from that. Jensen loves John and Mary; Daneel loves the 70's and Robbie tied it all together. At that time, all they had to get was get a pickup because Pedowitz almost never cancelled shows. 

Of course, Jensen wants the show to be a big success. Not only for himself and his production company but for the actors he assembled as well. It's not just the story or Dean's ending, Jensen wanted to recreate that family feel he had for 15 years in Canada. I believe he genuinely loves the cast and crew he assembled and is doing everything possible to help them succeed. I just think the impetus of this was always the bad ending Dean got.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
8 hours ago, Shadow42 said:

I don't think that this show was developed with the thought that it would be a one and done season or even that it was predominantly or solely made to pave the way for a reboot of the mothership.

I think that for Jensen it's a passion project that he(and Robbie Thompson and all the cast) hoped would have only started with the epic love story of John and Mary. 

I further think that they still and continue to feel that there's a ton of story potential in this universe and that the project is a passion project for him because he loved and still loves the Supernatural universe and it's many and varied characters and, most of all and above all others, Dean Winchester-the character that he put every fiber of his being into for 15 years and who he possibly and likely felt deserved a better ending/fate than the one that he who shall not be named here tried to give the character and the mothership as a whole.

I truly think that this show was meant by Jensen to be a continuation of the Supernatural universe and it's characters only with different storytellers and a showrunner.

That he and RT are choosing to honor Dean with(in their opinions AND in the opinions of many others in the fandom)a more suitable and heroic storyline within this world than the last showrunner on the mothership's ever did, is in no way egotistical or biased or partisan.

It's only fair, IMO.

And big kudos and thanks to all involved in this show, if that's where the rest of The Winchesters takes us, no matter how long it lasts and whether it's renewed or not after this season.

ETA: Seems like we were posting at just about the same time, Lastcall. 🙃

Edited by Myrelle
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
22 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but this is why I hope it's an AU. 

An AU that followed the same route as the regular world, regarding Winchester/Campbell history, but changed course when Mary did not make the deal with Azazel for John, so no Sam and Dean. But in The Winchesters, Dean somehow made it change course even earlier by giving John the letter from Henry.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Shadow42 said:

Considering Dean and fixing his story is hardly the core of the Series and the focus of the story and likely dealt with only with a little pay-off in episode 13, the show so far proves that is not the case. 

Managing a little addendum on Dean`s story would just be a nice little frosting on the cake but not the cake. But considering side, any of them would hardly have a leg to stand on. Someone like Dabb certainly doesn`t have when it comes to stroking their own ego.    

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

So, news just broke that Rowena is going to be in episode 12. All the synopsis are out and the one for 13 implies that the "mysterious stranger" delivers a message to John at the beginning of the episode. Now I kind of think that maybe Rowena either intercepted Dean before he went to Heaven (and Dean is driving the actual impala that exists in 72) or she was the one that stops him on his ride. I'm guessing the end of 12 has a Dean appearance to generate excitement for 13 and 13 picks up with Dean delivering his message and either vanishing back to Heaven (hope not) or going off to take care of something else (fingers crossed).

• Useful 1