Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Out of Network

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

Pam WOULD make an intervention also be a brunch potluck. And it wasn't about Archer's drinking, but the cause of it. And he's already seeing one. And since she's out of IIA's network, she's getting executed. I like that they're acknowledging Malory/Jessica Walter's departure through character development. Of course Dr. Lacania was in love with Archer. And that her name was ALSO Malory. Speaking of, hole Oedipal Complex with the Malory suit!

Of course Cyril brings potato salad to a potluck. And no one eats it. Living in constant fear of being asked to do his job is a mood. I did love that he came through with making matching Malory suits to distract the sniper.

"Why do we only have teeth in our mouth?"

"Blood's more of a subway thing."

Goddamn, never change, Krieger.

We finally got to see Pam's "apartment" and it's amazing. And she's the most mentally healthy person Dr. Lacania ever met. And get it, Pam! Banging the Swiss chick already!

I hope we find out what happened with Cheryl.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Of course the shrink's first name is Mallory.  

Is anyone surprised that Pam has a kick ass apartment thats closer to a warehouse?   Oh and good for her getting some from the Swiss chick.

Of course the shrink fell in love with Archer which is a million times unprofessional and IIA should take her out her for that alone but the gag of Lana trying to get her to tell her what Archer talked to her about their relationship was both funny and sad.   Because Lana really does need therapy herself.  Just one that is in IIA Network.   Also Lana was wrong convincing Archer to stay when she is just kinda functioning there herself.  He had a reason to leave that was actually semi-healthy.  It was selfish of Lana to ask him to stay.  But then Lana has always been just as selfish as Archer. 

I am curious about what Cheryl is doing. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Characters wanting to leave the fam, but can't seems to be a recurring theme this season.

You have the whole situation with Archer in this episode, Ray being on the DL for a few weeks because of the jungle adventure after being promoted to team leader, Lana just wanting to go home to her kid but can't, and you got Cheryl actually up and leaving.

I feel like Pam is who we should all aspire to be when we grow up.

Also I'm really missing Cheryl. I would love to hear how many psychiatrists she's put out of business. (I'm assuming if she had any she's driven them to their own breakdowns and/or violence.)

• Love 1
On 9/21/2022 at 8:32 PM, Galileo908 said:

Banging the Swiss chick already!

I was laughing at Pam's computer screen because the lower left had a window on the Swiss chick, and then she was at Pam's place!

On 9/21/2022 at 9:45 PM, PinkRibbons said:

I feel like Pam is who we should all aspire to be when we grow up.

I don't want to be like Pam, but I would consider my life highly enriched with a friend like Pam. I want this show to go on forever, but if it does have to end, I'm all Pam and Archer endgame. In the coma seasons, Pam always had Acher's back. 

• Love 2

Does anyone else feel that Cyril could have filled out the IIA paperwork for therapy correct, and the agency would still get screwed?

Cheryl: Therapist gives her matches.

Cyril: Therapist gives him boxes of fudge

Lana: "Hello, Ms. Kane! It's your favorite boss!  I have bad news . . . turns out the person you've been seeing is NOT a license therapist! Also, he's going to testify against you in your child's custody hearing. Too bad therapist/patient confidentiality doesn't work when the therapist isn't accredited! Ha ha!"

Nice concept: Archer actually gets therapy, IIA sics assassins to kill her because she knows too much. Since this is Fabian, it's done in the most dickish way possible. The part where Dr. Lacania turns out to be lusting for Archer wasn't something we needed, but it still worked. And her first name is "Malory," like his mother. And then she dons her clothes as a disguise.

I followed the show on Facebook, and they showed Dr. Lacina's first impressions of Archer's peers. Turns out "Malory" is spelled with one "L" as well. Her last name can be rearranged to form "CIA Lana," which is probably not relevant.

Pam's residence . . . my first thought was to call it "the Pam Cave," and then I thought of "Pamalot." Damn, it's a fresh pad. Motorcycle, games, spray-painted dolphin, Swiss assassin hiding in her bedroom . . . oh, and the person reviewing the episode for AV Club pointed out movie posters with Rona Throne and Veronica Deane. In case you've forgotten, Rona tranqed Archer and Lana, and Veronica was the woman that put him in the coma.

Cyril came up big! Maybe he was inspired by the climax of Three Amigos! Between that and Rick and Morty on Sunday, characters played by Chris Parnell were above pathetic!