Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Let it Bleed

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Still reeling from the death of informant Anna, Voight faces a new threat as he tries to keep the neighborhood clean. New wrinkles develop in the Upton, Halstead and Voight dynamic. The team gets a new chief.

Airdate: 09/21/2022

• Love 1

Everyone losing their minds about Hailey doing what Hailey does, and I'm just like,  "this is what we've been talking about for years."

I don't know what's going to happen with Jay. But I am glad that Voight finally told Hailey that all of them are responsible for their own decisions whether she likes it or not. It needed to be said. 

I'll accept that the episode centered that same trio again if it meant they put some of the crap from last season to bed.

Dante Torres. I love him. That kid is everything. That barrel roll kick was badass. So glad to have him on board. 

• Love 3

Am glad Voight put Det. SmugFace back in her place.

“You are NOT each other’s keeper.” 🙌🏻 

Someone should’ve mentioned Marcus West and Darius Walker to their faces, just to wake the sanctimonious couple up.

Dante Torres is a great addition to the team. Please keep him away from SmugFace, bad energy. Him doing the duck ‘n roll, kicking down the door to distract Enzo, that’s totally badass. Love it! 😘

Well Felony Barbie whined her way through yet another episode & almost got Torres killed on his first day because, again, she's pissy.

Way to go to make it all about you? Oh he won't look at me....🙄

Hopefully that's an end to the Anna mess.... what started out a strong storyline too many gaps, drawn out angst & making it all about Vupstead killed this storyline & have the last 2 episodes of last season & the 1st one of this season about it was way too much.

Adam Ruzek as an undercover druggie was what you'd expect from UC cops... not plonking a baseball cap on your head. I'm still trying to work out what that was about, it was weird... and Kev, standing a couple of metres from the operation looking hot but awfully obvious wasn't particularly smart.

In saying that Torres did fit in well, I have some hope for him. Hopefully the writers don't screw it up by making him 'too badass' from the get go. His re-introduction did seem a little too much a rehash of Ruzek in the first season though. I'd rather watch Torres develop than the stagnant Vupstead crapfest.

It was the lowest rated premiere ever, and I could totally see why. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This episode confused me. My mind was going in every direction about many things.

How big is Ruzeks face going to get?  ( I like Adam )

Why was Kim wearing sunglasses in 2 shots ? And they looked too big.

Did Jesse become a better actor over the hiatus?

And why did I agree with Upton when she told Voight what she thought?

When is someone going to put a stop to Voights jackass behavior?

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Did Jesse become a better actor over the hiatus?

He was a good actor in the first few seasons. He's been phoning it in basically since Sophia Bush left and he got stuck with even worse storylines. I would guess that knowing he's leaving, he's actually trying again because the end is in sight. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

If this episode was any indication of what the season will be like, I will truly be calling Chicago PD quits. And I've watched since Season 4.

Atwater had like two lines. It was all about Hailey and her feelings again. She goes rogue and does what she wants and Voight doesn't even bench her for a second. This is no different from last year. It's getting old now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2022 at 4:40 PM, Nintra16 said:

If this episode was any indication of what the season will be like, I will truly be calling Chicago PD quits. And I've watched since Season 4.

Atwater had like two lines. It was all about Hailey and her feelings again. She goes rogue and does what she wants and Voight doesn't even bench her for a second. This is no different from last year. It's getting old now. 

I said that I was done at the end of last season, but I will stick with it to see how they write off Halstead.  Then I'll be done with it too.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2022 at 1:38 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

He was a good actor in the first few seasons. He's been phoning it in basically since Sophia Bush left and he got stuck with even worse storylines. I would guess that knowing he's leaving, he's actually trying again because the end is in sight. 

After watching tonight's show, I wonder how he made it this long. The stories and production have really taken a dive since season 7.  Whereas they used to have action tightly interlaced with the team interrogating and working the crime, now a lot of the scenes are conversations between the cops that seem mostly like pointless filler.  It is hard as a viewer to maintain interest, so I can only imagine what it's like for an actor.

I was really disturbed by the scene of the little girl dying.  It should not have taken something so extreme for Kim to realize how much Adam cares about her and Makayla.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Like 1