Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Sanctuary

• Start Topic

I hope nothing bad happens to the detective, he seems the type to want to pursue this to the end. I'm still wondering why Mae is not required to have intensive counseling and/or be pressured with more answers about what happened to her. Also wondering why her cult family doesn't try to get back through legal means, they don't seem to be afraid of anyone. Still liking this show and think it has some good acting. 

• Love 1

So far this series has all the subtlety and menace of an ABC After School Special.   Anvils everywhere -- inverted crucifix!  Sympathetic magic! (the hairbrush)  Pagan corn dollies!  Lord of the Freaking Flies -- flies, pig's head and all! ("No flies on this one" says the jovial doctor, har har).  "Wicked" poster on Julie's bedroom wall!   For gosh sake, Julie's nickname is JUJU!    We get it already!

And what's the deal with Suzanne's conscious flashbacks and wrist scars?  Are we to believe she was a member of the same cult as a child?  Then why is she acting like she has no real clue what's going on, even in private?

"We've all heard the legends about Amon County," says Suzanne's friend.

"Mae isn't some urban legend," says Suzanne.

Uh-huh.  If someone were to say, "We've all heard the legends about Transylvania" would you really reply "Vampires are just a myth" when your strange visitor from Transylvania has two bloody holes in her neck?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

Not that I think that being a Satanist is any worse or better than any other religion. I think they all suck. Are we still supposed to believe (especially after Mae's prayer) that doctor (and now Jules) have not realized she is a Satanist. Yes, the pentagram inscribed in her skin is horrible and all, and she still would need a safe place to stay. But the fact that Mae worships the devil is sort of not registering with these folks.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/14/2022 at 9:11 AM, millennium said:

And what's the deal with Suzanne's conscious flashbacks and wrist scars?  Are we to believe she was a member of the same cult as a child?  Then why is she acting like she has no real clue what's going on, even in private?

A bit late to the party, but I just started watching thus and I assumed that Suzanne was in a cult, but not the same one as Mae.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, paulvdb said:

A bit late to the party, but I just started watching thus and I assumed that Suzanne was in a cult, but not the same one as Mae.

I watched this series what, three weeks ago?   I have already forgotten 90% of it.   Enjoy!