Type keyword(s) to search

The Imperfects - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Imperfects filmed in Vancouver, Canada will release all 10 episodes on September 8 on Netflix.       

Three twenty somethings undergo an experiment that gives them monstrous side effects by evil scientists against their will. Now Abbi, Tilda and Juan join forces to find the mad-man responsible in hopes of finding a cure. They are being chased by a government agency, and have to deal with college applications, teenage romance, as well as random monster mutations.

MV5BMmMxNzkzOTEtNDhiMC00MWRiLWIzMGMtZGZi

Italia Ricci as Dr. Sydney Burke, a brilliant scientist looking to fix her past mistakes, both professional and ethical, by allying with Abbi, Juan, and Tilda to track down the scientist responsible for their grim fates.

MV5BNWYwZjU3OWEtNTU5Mi00YTM3LTg5NTktYWYw
MV5BODJhZTM2ZTEtN2E4OC00NGQ1LTlmMGMtZTAy
MV5BYjhhZWU4YmYtYjY5NC00MzFhLTgyZjUtMGZh

Rhianna Jagpal is Abbi Singh, an ambitious geneticist whose eagerness to please is tested when her overpowering pheromones give her a Succubus-like control over anyone around her.

MV5BMzZhMDRlOGMtNDNmMC00Nzk0LWFhYTAtMmEx

MV5BMjk3OTc3ODQtMWNlOC00YTE5LThhNDItNjVl
MV5BNDQ4NDc2MjktMGQ5Yy00NDAzLTkxZTYtMjQ0

Juan Ruiz. The aspiring graphic novelist is more comfortable exploring weird fantasy worlds in his work then he is experiencing them first hand after transforming into a beast he identifies as a Chupacabra.
MV5BODEzNDIxN2QtYWQ3YS00YWVlLWEwMWEtYjk5

MV5BODEwYzJjNGEtYWIwZi00NWEwLWI2ZDEtZWY3
MV5BMTkwNGQzZjMtMzdjYy00NjVjLTkwODUtMTMy
MV5BZjk1NzM1NDYtMzhiZS00MTNlLWFiZDYtNjM2
Morgan Taylor Campbell as Tilda Weber, the driven lead singer of a punk band sees her dreams shatter after she develops super-hearing and a destructive vocal power, giving her abilities similar to a Banshee.

Rhys Nicholson is Dr. Alex Sarkov, a former child prodigy used to getting his own way, refuses to let anyone – or anything – interfere with his goal to rewrite the human genome and usher in the next stage of human evolution.

Kyra Zagorsky plays Isabel Finch. She has her own reasons for finding Sarkov, that involves payback and if she finds Sarkov before they do, they’ll never be able to shed their monstrous identities. The revenge-minded Finch could be Abbi, Juan and Tilda’s most formidable foe.

Celina Martin is Hannah Moore. Another test subject of Sarkov and Burke’s experimental gene treatment, Hannah finds her allegiance is torn between Finch and Abbi, Juan, and Tilda.

The Imperfects      September 8    Netflix 

Episodes 1-10   Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: Sarkov's Children

Three test subjects of an elaborate experiment start experiencing strange symptoms and turn to geneticist Dr. Alex Sarkov for help.

S01.E02: Doug of the Dead

In hopes of finding Sarkov, the Imperfects look for another Wellness Program participant while dealing with the fallout from their new powers.

S01.E03: Portland Warehouse Massacre

The search for Sarkov leads Juan, Abbi and Tilda into a seriously messed up situation. A mysterious woman begins to zero in on her targets.

S01.E04: One of Us

While Juan reconnects with family, Abbi and Tilda meet another test subject with powers of his own. Investigators start to hunt for the Imperfects.

S01.E05: Zoe Must Be Destroyed

At Sarkov's home, Tilda and Juan make a shocking discovery. Abbi and Hannah worry that Finch may pose a threat to Dr. Burke.

S01.E06: Lest Ye Become a Monster

Burke and Sarkov begin work on a cure, with Burke as the test subject. When government agents track them down, the group rallies to fend them off.

S01.E07: Cure All

Abbi, Juan and Tilda investigate an attack after a mutant strikes. Sarkov inches closer to a cure, while Burke has a breakthrough.

S01.E08: The Devil You Know

In need of nanobots to distribute his cure, Sarkov sends the team on a mission to Idaho. Burke and Finch team up to stay one step ahead of Dr. Crain.

S01.E09: All Monsters Attack

After receiving bad news from home, Abbi attempts to replicate the cure. Juan attends a party. Tilda tries to warn Sarkov of the risks of using nanobots.

S01.E10: Destroy All Monsters

Abbi and Tilda band together with an unexpected ally to go after Sarkov, who has big plans for Juan. New revelations bring new challenges for the group.

• Useful 1

What an excellent show. Hoping it doesn't get totally overlooked, having been released along side Cobra Kai.

It seemed to lull a bit in the middle episodes, but overall pretty strong.

On 9/11/2022 at 1:52 PM, twoods said:

I’m not a fan of Tilda so far- brooding angry chick is never someone I sympathize with, or care much about.

I really grew to like Tilda. The brooding, angry thing can be annoying, but it was very clear where her anger was coming and I felt it was justified. And when she would let her guard down w/ Juan, she really won me over.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This was a lot of fun. I've been suffering from superhero fatigue lately, but this was unique enough that I enjoyed it and binged it in just a couple days. I liked all the main characters and I thought the abilities were cool and different from what we normally see. The plot moved at a good pace, not breakneck but not lagging. The jokes were actually funny, not forced (and not just a bunch of references that will quickly become dated). I found Alex Sarkov really fun to watch. At this point I never expect a new show to get a second season, especially when it seems to be flying under the radar like this one, but I hope it does.

• Love 2