Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E11: The Final Cut

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

So glad that Alexis and Keaton went through.  The judges were pushing Essence so hard that I thought she may get it.  Good dancer?  Yes, but to me she always seems to dance heavy.  Her dance with Robert really emphasized it.  Keaton is also good, but we’ve seen great contemporary male dancers in the past.  He’s not there yet.  I’m trying to think of a really outstanding contemporary performance this season.  One that really took your breath away.  We saw those in previous seasons.  I hope Alexis wins.  She is a lovely dancer and her dance with Kiki was wonderful.  It really was.

I was going to comment again on Essence and Robert's dance.  Essence is a fine hip hop dancer but she always hits it hard.  Robert had so many different levels to his dancing.

Keaton and Alexis contemporary was outstanding this season. 

• Like 1

Apart from the Alexis/Keaton contemporary piece, I've enjoyed one half of multiple performances. Comfort's side of Ralyn/Comfort, Lex's side of Lex/Beau, Essence's side of Essence/Waverly Bollywood, Anna's side of Anna/Beau Contemporary. As a duet overall, I'd say the Alexis/Kiki Argentine Tango is a distant second, and the Beau/Jordan Viennese Waltz maybe third. The Alexis/Keaton Bollywood maybe fourth, lol. Choreography has been decent to strong, with nothing memorably bad jumping to my mind currently.

I'd have liked to have seen Keaton, Essence, and especially Alexis and Anna in a stronger season.

ETA: Looking at my past posts, I found Essence's side of the Essence/Thiago's hip hop great, but I no longer remember it at all.

Edited by displayname
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, displayname said:

Apart from the Alexis/Keaton contemporary piece, I've enjoyed one half of multiple performances. Comfort's side of Ralyn/Comfort, Lex's side of Lex/Beau, Essence's side of Essence/Waverly Bollywood, Anna's side of Anna/Beau Contemporary. As a duet overall, I'd say the Alexis/Kiki Argentine Tango is a distant second, and the Beau/Jordan Viennese Waltz maybe third. The Alexis/Keaton Bollywood maybe fourth, lol. Choreography has been decent to strong, with nothing memorably bad jumping to my mind currently.

I'd have liked to have seen Keaton, Essence, and especially Alexis and Anna in a stronger season.

ETA: Looking at my past posts, I found Essence's side of the Essence/Thiago's hip hop great, but I no longer remember it at all.

I would add Robert's part in Essence/Robert's hip hop.  I would have liked to see Thiago in a different season where there were twenty contestants so we would see more dances from the top ten contestants and get to know the dancers more.  I don't think we saw Thiago's full potential as a contestant.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

haven't read comments yet as I'm typing while watching finally...

Alexis and Keaton - bollywood - fun number! good opener. thought alexis was stronger especially with her arm movements. she was just sharper really hitting each shape deliberately. Keaton did a good job but definitely would boost alexis in my rankings

Alexis and Essence - contemporary - thought it had promise watching the studio sessions and then the song started. it was such the wrong song! The choreo didn't match at all and would think that would make it really hard to lose yourself into the dance. Honestly don't remember much of their actual moves as it was mostly tulle and wind. ugh

Essence and Robert - hip hop - glad to see all stars but don't really remember Robert - was fun - found myself watching Robert more as it seemed more smooth (weird to say for hip hop) and effortless. Essence did fine but meh. 

Keaton and Audrey - contemporary - beautiful lifts and choreo (go Robert!) well done by Keaton but there is something still not clicking with him for me. 

Alexis and Kiki - argentine tango - Kiki is one of my least favs of all the ballroom all stars so meh - did highlight alexis well - could have done without the accordian but I just didn't get into it - something was off with the pacing of the routine to me. but that just might be that style. appreciated twitch kinda bridging the gap and making a reasonable judgement and helpful comments. 

Keaton and Essence - jazz - of course essence is a rapper? Love to see Eleanor again! was generally good - high energy. had some rough transitions. essence was stronger generally but she had points where she gets caught prepping for what's next and loses me(jojo just be quiet - geez)

So Keaton and Alexis are in the finale. I think that was the right choice. I think they definitely had the best dance of the night. 

overall notes - liked that all the allstar dances were in their style so gave them all equal shots to really shine

I really miss more interaction with the choreographers - now they just give them cheesy sound bites like "there is no room for error" and Cat no longer highlights their name when introducing the next pairing. I loved seeing them really talk through steps with them and seeing more of the process

seriously jojo - are you auditioning for My Little Pony or something? while I understand her fan base is very young - this seemed extra pandering and was just odd to me. granted everyone should where whatever they love and more people should have fun with it and care less what people think so...

thank goodness for twitch - I really wish they had more seasoned judges - I miss the days that they would rotate in the choreographers. 

this season went so fast that I still barely feel like I got to know the dancers well and just feel meh overall. I also don't really recall any specific numbers that I want to rewatch. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I was going to comment again on Essence and Robert's dance.  Essence is a fine hip hop dancer but she always hits it hard.  Robert had so many different levels to his dancing.

Keaton and Alexis contemporary was outstanding this season. 

Robert Green is amazeballs in his style. I absolutely love his audition piece. So nuanced.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, slaterain said:

Alexis and Kiki - argentine tango - Kiki is one of my least favs of all the ballroom all stars so meh - did highlight alexis well - could have done without the accordian but I just didn't get into it - something was off with the pacing of the routine to me. but that just might be that style. appreciated twitch kinda bridging the gap and making a reasonable judgement and helpful comments. 

Alexis said she didn't get the tempo, and I definitely saw it. But to me, Kiki was just not that strong of a partner in this. I think a stronger partner might have given Alexis more confidence. I agree about the pacing, it just kind of ended. But I wouldn't say it's all down to the choreography, because in this case I'd say the dancers should share the blame for it.

Miriam and Leonardo are clearly very good at choreographing tangos for the stage, and they tend to add space and tension to the routine during slower sections (like they did here). I don't think Alexis and Kiki really pulled it off, and feel like this made the routine look a bit sluggish... and then it suddenly jerked to life when the music became fast again, but since they didn't carry the midsection off, it seemed hollow (nor did they hit this portion sharply enough for me... Alexis stumbling didn't help either).

All that said it was still the (distant) second best routine of the season for me 😂

17 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I would add Robert's part in Essence/Robert's hip hop. 

Agree on rewatch.

Edited by displayname
  • Useful 1

Given that Kiki and Alexis are not Argentine Tango dancers, it’s a genre on to itself and divorced completely from ballroom,  It is too bad that these shows insist on ballroom dancers just automatically knowing this style.

They don’t, they’re not trained in a style that’s based in improvisation. Ballroom is highly stylized and prescriptive. Yet AT is based on the social dancing of Uruguay and  Argentina, I thought they did quite well .

That improvisational style is tough to master even if it’s choreographed since the movement is based on each partner’s heart beats. Miriam and Leonardo are masters at it, Miriam’s hand on Leonardo’s chest is not only sexy af, it informs them as to the next movement.  and sure if Alexis was paired with Leonardo it might have been a stronger performance. Haley Ebert got kudos because she was dancing AT with an expert. Kiki is a Latin dancer. However, There’s no denying Alexis feet and legs were far superior to many contemporary dancers who have tried this style. And for me it was far more engaging than some of the other dances. I liked the use of the Bandonean it’s an unusual instrument and it for me added the exoticism of South America.  I wasn’t as enthralled by Keaton and Audrey because Audrey for me carried the emotion of the peace, whilst Keaton seemed a bit bewildered by it all. He obviously hit his marks and lifted her like a feather, but Audrey did it all emotionally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It is correct to say Argentine Tango isn't a latin ballroom dance, and latin ballroom dancers won't have that as part of their syllabus, but then that would be the case for everyone else on the show, too, who isn't auditioning as an Argentine tango dancer. A person who's done latin ballroom can at least be expected to have a better feel for the kind of partnering that goes on in the argentine tango, which is what I thought Miriam/Leonardo meant in this case.

Also true that Argentine Tango is improvisational, but if you're doing it on a show, or call yourself choreographers for it, then clearly it's not improvisational anymore (I believe this is also the case for Forever Tango?). Simple thing is, DWTS and SYTYCD are two of the shows that've popularized choreographed Argentine Tangos, at least in the US. Therefore, I'd say these are two separate things, much like Salsa is also social dancing, but it's obviously not social dancing on DWTS or SYTYCD. Maybe we should argue against such codification, but I quite like both those styles, and if choreographers can give dancers direction to perform these beautiful dances on stage, it should be welcomed (as long they don't stray too much from the roots, like dances like Samba have done).

I agree that Alexis feet and legs have been better than contemporary girls of the past. I just think she'd have been better off with a partner like Ryan DiLello, who did come back for this dance in season 11, and did a much better job with it than Kiki did here. Actually, his performance did make Tanisha look good, and Tanisha's not as strong of a ballroom dancer as Alexis, from what I can tell. Stronger partners like Pasha also let contemporary dancers like Lauren in season 7 look better, even though her technique was obviously not as good as Alexis'. Or Ryan in his own season with Ellenore. Or even though she's a woman, Janette Manrara made Brandon look better in their Argentine Tango in season 5. And of course, Hayley with Leonardo himself in season 10, as you pointed out.

Edited by displayname
  • Useful 1

I’ll agree to disagree. I didn’t like Tanisha at all on AT for me her legs were the kind of “flow” that we see in most contemporary/Jazz dancers. Ryan for me is another good ballroom dancer with a stiff upper torso that is great for ballroom tango but simply doesn’t lend itself to the romance of enveloping the woman In Argentine salon dance. Similarly Leonardo’s dance position would be considered a fail in ballroom.  I saw Tanisha live on tour where she was doing a lot of the heavy lifting for some other females who were either injured or unable to make the venue, and she was pretty great especially in Jazz. Watching Haley Elbert back doing Miriam’s choreography with Leonardo, it was a nice attempt but again she just didn’t have legs at that time. She has since become much better. By comparison, Alexis is really the dancer’s dancer when it comes to the legs and feet on the AT.

Even Derek Hough -who is a massive ballroom dancer for me brings far too much ballroom sensibility into Argentine Tango. He’s definitely inventive and his choreography is explosive, but it’s not really Argentine it’s a hybrid of Ballroom and Argentine. 

To clarify , it’s obvious that improvisational style is heavily choreographed for North American consumption but what the experts can bring is the passion and spontaneity that we just don’t have when the dancers aren’t  really trained in it. DWTS dancers like Cheryl Burke have spent sometime in Argentina to really learn the style and so it’s getting better technically on  that show. So You Think Argentine Tango can definitely mimic lifts and sort of give some flair to the style with talented dancers but it’s not authentic. Miriam and Leonardo’s choreography at least brings an authenticity that wasn’t there previously. In that light I thought Kiki and Alexis did quite well. 

Edited by White Dog
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2022 at 10:01 AM, HerkyJerky said:

ITA!  But I did have to laugh when I saw the judges though.  There was Nigel & Mary but there was also Jenna Elfman.  So, the tradition of having celebrities judging goes WAAYY back!😁

Yes! They have rotated guest judges in other seasons and have had a variety of celebs stop by to offer their opinions. I too re-watched the judges critique Jenna and Marc in the clip I linked above and it was another reminder of how the judging this year is sub par. I thought Jenna Elfman was fine as a guest judge. She has a dance background but still offered a safe critique without making negative commentary.   

Nigel and Mary clearly appreciated the uniqueness of the performance and were genuinely enthusiastic. I agree with Mary that there was a hint of Bollywood in the routine.

Nigel and Mary offer far better critiques that come from a respected background and an investment in the show. Although Twitch is a past performer from the show who has returned as an all-star and was a guest judge in the past, he is not enough to carry the panel. I could see JoJo as a third judge along with Nigel and Mary but to bring her in without the two regulars doesn't make much sense. And IMO it hints of ageism. 

Does anyone know why Nigel was not brought back even after they had to refill a judges seat?

On 8/8/2022 at 12:55 PM, slaterain said:

seriously jojo - are you auditioning for My Little Pony or something? while I understand her fan base is very young - this seemed extra pandering and was just odd to me. granted everyone should where whatever they love and more people should have fun with it and care less what people think so...

LOL at My Little Pony! They wanted JoJo on the show to attract a younger audience but how young do they want them? I notice they keep mentioning how many followers she has. It's insulting to Nigel and Mary to be replaced by a child. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, White Dog said:

I’ll agree to disagree. I didn’t like Tanisha at all on AT for me her legs were the kind of “flow” that we see in most contemporary/Jazz dancers. Ryan for me is another good ballroom dancer with a stiff upper torso that is great for ballroom tango but simply doesn’t lend itself to the romance of enveloping the woman In Argentine salon dance. Similarly Leonardo’s dance position would be considered a fail in ballroom.  I saw Tanisha live on tour where she was doing a lot of the heavy lifting for some other females who were either injured or unable to make the venue, and she was pretty great especially in Jazz. Watching Haley Elbert back doing Miriam’s choreography with Leonardo, it was a nice attempt but again she just didn’t have legs at that time. She has since become much better. By comparison, Alexis is really the dancer’s dancer when it comes to the legs and feet on the AT.

I don't really disagree with any of this, though, and maybe I failed to communicate my point. I agree that Tanisha isn't as good of a ballroom dancer as Alexis, I said this. Alexis did have better legs and feet than Tanisha (I did not mean Tanisha looked better than Alexis when paired with Ryan, rather she just ended up looking better than she would have otherwise). And I'm not saying Ryan is a perfect Argentine tango dancer. And I agree that Leonardo's dancing will not be considered standard in latin ballroom. My problem is just with Kiki, who I just don't find all that good, and think Alexis would have been even better with someone else, even though she still did a good job. That someone else would have been better than he was in this dance, and would have made Alexis look even better. That maybe she'd have been more confident, found her rhythm with the dance better, performed better than she did with someone else.

If you're disagreeing on the tempo or the performance part, or that Kiki was good, then yes, we'll have to agree to disagree there.

Even Derek Hough -who is a massive ballroom dancer for me brings far too much ballroom sensibility into Argentine Tango. He’s definitely inventive and his choreography is explosive, but it’s not really Argentine it’s a hybrid of Ballroom and Argentine. 

This is definitely going to happen. I'm fine with disagreeing on this  - as I've said, as I'm not sure a purely authentic form of dancing can be maintained when it's commercialized. As long as it's not too far from the roots, it's fine by me.

I dislike international ballroom and latin by the way.

So You Think Argentine Tango can definitely mimic lifts and sort of give some flair to the style with talented dancers but it’s not authentic. Miriam and Leonardo’s choreography at least brings an authenticity that wasn’t there previously. In that light I thought Kiki and Alexis did quite well. 

Yet again, we don't disagree here, but I very much am confused, haven't they been around for 12 seasons now? Since 2009. Yet again, I didn't disagree on the choreography, or Alexis' feet and legs. But since we're very much talking about the mood, the feel, the romance... well, I do think they failed. For me, Kiki was bland, and Alexis was tentative through that second half. While Pasha and Ryan, despite their ballroom deportment, were better performers than Kiki to me. And dancers like Lauren and Janette weren't technically gifted like Alexis is for this dance, but they got the mood better.

Edited by displayname
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, White Dog said:

I saw Tanisha live on tour where she was doing a lot of the heavy lifting for some other females who were either injured or unable to make the venue, and she was pretty great especially in Jazz. Watching Haley Elbert back doing Miriam’s choreography with Leonardo, it was a nice attempt but again she just didn’t have legs at that time. She has since become much better. By comparison, Alexis is really the dancer’s dancer when it comes to the legs and feet on the AT.

12 hours ago, displayname said:

I don't really disagree with any of this, though, and maybe I failed to communicate my point. I agree that Tanisha isn't as good of a ballroom dancer as Alexis, I said this. Alexis did have better legs and feet than Tanisha (I did not mean Tanisha looked better than Alexis when paired with Ryan, rather she just ended up looking better than she would have otherwise). And I'm not saying Ryan is a perfect Argentine tango dancer. And I agree that Leonardo's dancing will not be considered standard in latin ballroom. My problem is just with Kiki, who I just don't find all that good, and think Alexis would have been even better with someone else, even though she still did a good job. That someone else would have been better than he was in this dance, and would have made Alexis look even better. That maybe she'd have been more confident, found her rhythm with the dance better, performed better than she did with someone else.

I'm not even going to pretend to know AT technique.  I just know what I've seen on DWTS and SYTYCD.  So with that being said, I thought both Tanisha and Alexis did a good job considering that they are Latin ballroom dancers.  I do think that Alexis had the stronger sharper legs for AT even though Tanisha has great legs/feet for contemporary/jazz.  I think SYTYCD was unfair to Alexis.  Both Keaton and Essence were able to do their styles with their All Stars.  Alexis did not.  It would have been fine to do AT since I do like it but on a show where the others were doing Bollywood, African Jazz, or other styles that they are not used to doing.  Alexis and Kiki should have done a Latin number last week. 

DisplayName, I quoted you since I think Kiki has a bland personality.  He was not smoldering in anyway.  I think he's bland even in Latin and that's his style.

White Dog, I quoted you since I also saw Tanisha in the SYTYCD tour.  I've also seen her in other shows since I live in Utah and my daughters have danced with her.  She's extremely nice in person.  I also noticed that during the tour, she had the most numbers.  I remember that she took Jasmine's place as the serpent in Jaxmine's/Emilio's hip hop number.  She's a beast in jazz especially with her flexibility.  One of my favorite numbers is Sonja's jazz piece with her and Rudy.  Mark Ballas would have her do numbers because of her versatility.  An example is DWTS Toxic Duel with Mark and Val.  Lacy and Tanisha were their partners.  This is why I previously mentioned that Alexis and Tanisha are the best all around female ballroom dancers for the show while Keaton is not as good as previous male contemporary dancers.

• Love 3

I wasn't a fan of Kiki when he was a contestant on the show, but since then I thought he really has come into his own.  I thought there was a nice connection between them, not overt, or  over the top goofy like Ryan but for me more subdued intensity. When I watch Miriam and Leonardo, she emotes sexuality but like all good Argentine male partners, Leonardo has a quieter smoulder in his approach. He does so much more with his focus on Miriam , than Ryan did with that fake make out session with Tanisha I suppose an over the top version of AT works for some.  For me he totally missed the mark, whilst Kiki for me gave me more of what I see in Argentine male dancers.

Edited by White Dog
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I've also seen her in other shows since I live in Utah and my daughters have danced with her.  She's extremely nice in person. 

Aw, that's so amazing!

I think if you watch her argentine tango, she's not as sharp as Alexis was, just as an example. I don't think she was a bad latin dancer, but I think Alexis is better in this genre. I do think Tanisha did an amazing job with contemporary and hip hop, and I agree she was one of the overall best ballroom girls on the show.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, White Dog said:

I wasn't a fan of Kiki when he was a contestant on the show, but since then I thought he really has come into his own.  I thought there was a nice connection between them, not overt, or  over the top goofy like Ryan but for me more subdued intensity. When I watch Miriam and Leonardo, she emotes sexuality but like all good Argentine male partners, Leonardo has a quieter smoulder in his approach. He does so much more with his focus on Miriam , than Ryan did with that fake make out session with Tanisha I suppose an over the top version of AT works for some.  For me he totally missed the mark, whilst Kiki for me gave me more of what I see in Argentine male dancers.

Quoting both of you again.  Oh no, I didn't like Ryan's fake make out session.  Between Ryan and Kiki, I think Kiki was better at characterization.  To me, I want to see intensity in the eyes that would make the female feel faint.  I admit that my opinion is probably based on the fact that I did think he was bland as a contestant and I don't think he's sexy or attractive.  I know it's subjective.  I do think Leonardo is attractive and sexy.  I also think Ryan is handsome but still no on the AT connection, 

11 hours ago, displayname said:

Aw, that's so amazing!

I think if you watch her argentine tango, she's not as sharp as Alexis was, just as an example. I don't think she was a bad latin dancer, but I think Alexis is better in this genre. I do think Tanisha did an amazing job with contemporary and hip hop, and I agree she was one of the overall best ballroom girls on the show.

I agree on the AT and your post.  On my previous post, I wrote that Alexis' legs were stronger and sharper.  Alexis is the better Latin dancer although SYTYCD didn't really showcase Tanisha's Latin abilities.  Tanisha is better at jazz and hip hop.  Both are great at contemporary and IMHO the best overall ballroom girls.  I previously mentioned that Jenna's weakness was hip hop.  Witney is great at hip hop but her jazz/contemporary technique is not as advanced as the above three.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

I agree on the AT and your post.  On my previous post, I wrote that Alexis' legs were stronger and sharper.  Alexis is the better Latin dancer although SYTYCD didn't really showcase Tanisha's Latin abilities.  Tanisha is better at jazz and hip hop.  Both are great at contemporary and IMHO the best overall ballroom girls.  I previously mentioned that Jenna's weakness was hip hop.  Witney is great at hip hop but her jazz/contemporary technique is not as advanced as the above three.

I think Jenna is probably the best latin dancer of the ones you mentioned, but yes, her flaw was hip hop. Witney wasn't all that amazing of a technician on latin either, IIRC, I thought Lindsay's technique was cleaner? I'd still say Witney was the better contestant than Lindsay though, since I felt she was the better performer, and enjoyed her more in hip hop and contemporary/jazz. I'd probably rate them overall as:

1. Alexis

2. Tanisha

3. Jenna

4. Witney

5. Lindsay

6. Jensen

There were other Utah girls like Brooklyn and Britney, who we barely got to see. I felt Britney might have had more potential but she was eliminated too early to judge. Brooklyn was unimpressive to me as a ballroom dancer, though. She seemed very "spongy". And I didn't care for anything else she did on the show.

That being said, I don't think any of these girls were as good of Latin dancers as Iveta or Anya... Funnily, Lacey Schwimmer was like the prototype of the Utah ballroom girl. Great at everything, but you could tell she wasn't as good as a ballroom expert, when Anya was on at the same time.

Edited by displayname
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, displayname said:

I think Jenna is probably the best latin dancer of the ones you mentioned, but yes, her flaw was hip hop. Witney wasn't all that amazing of a technician on latin either, IIRC, I thought Lindsay's technique was cleaner? I'd still say Witney was the better contestant than Lindsay though, since I felt she was the better performer, and enjoyed her more in hip hop and contemporary/jazz. I'd probably rate them overall as:

1. Alexis

2. Tanisha

3. Jenna

4. Witney

5. Lindsay

6. Jensen

There were other Utah girls like Brooklyn and Britney, who we barely got to see. I felt Britney might have had more potential but she was eliminated too early to judge. Brooklyn was unimpressive to me as a ballroom dancer, though. She seemed very "spongy". And I didn't care for anything else she did on the show.

That being said, I don't think any of these girls were as good of Latin dancers as Iveta or Anya... Funnily, Lacey Schwimmer was like the prototype of the Utah ballroom girl. Great at everything, but you could tell she wasn't as good as a ballroom expert, when Anya was on at the same time.

I can agree with your rankings.  There is also Chelsie Hightower who I think was great in ballroom and proficient in other styles.  Other Utah ballrom dancers that I can think of is Ryan's wife Ashleigh and Ezra's sister.  I think Brooklyn was fodder and is not really good at any of the styles.  Britney is a good technician but she lacks the IT factor that somebody like Witney or Essence have.  I felt that way when she was in the DWTS troupe too.

And they are not going to be good in Latin vs. somebody that mostly or only does Latin.  A lot of these contestants are barely out of high school.  There are only so many hours in the day that they can practice.  But they can eventually get better at a certain style after SYTYCD.  Allison and Hayley are better at ballroom after working with Derek.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

And they are not going to be good in Latin vs. somebody that mostly or only does Latin.  A lot of these contestants are barely out of high school.  There are only so many hours in the day that they can practice.  But they can eventually get better at a certain style after SYTYCD.  Allison and Hayley are better at ballroom after working with Derek.

Yes, this is a good point, that the Utah ballroom girls usually are much younger than the latin experts who make it to the show, and are also focusing on multiple other styles.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, katisha said:

What about this Argentine tango from Janette Manrara and Brandon? 

This was INCREDIBLE.  I forgot about this, the best ever on the show.  I wanted a Brandon win that season.. I thought he was incredible.  Also their disco is the best one ever this show has produced.   

Janette should be ranked at the top of the ballroom .  She not only danced incredibly, she went on to become a pro on Strictly and is now a presenter on a spin off of that show. 

• Applause 2
On 9/7/2022 at 1:29 PM, White Dog said:

I wanted a Brandon win that season.. I thought he was incredible.  Also their disco is the best one ever this show has produced.   

I did too, and I loved his partnership with Janette. Incredibly well matched pair. Brandon was funny too. When they once asked him what he did to get such a magnificent body, he replied, "Nothing- I just lift girls." 🤣

Loved this one too.

Edited by katisha
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1