Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

peachmangosteen

S01.E05: Chapter Five: The Night He Came Home

Recommended Posts


I'm really liking this series, but that murder scene was way too long for me.

Share this post


Link to post

are they gonna explain the ones mom reaction to her daughter failing the drug test AFTER knowing her daughter didn't do drugs?

IS mouse bisexual? they kinda brought up that plot point (episode one) but have done zero with it  ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

are they gonna explain the ones mom reaction to her daughter failing the drug test AFTER knowing her daughter didn't do drugs?

Just because Noa took the fall for her morher's drugs doesn't mean that she couldn't also be doing drugs herself. We the viewers know that she doesn't do drugs, but all her mother knows is that she failed a drug test. It was because A switched the samples, but Noa's mother doesn't know that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

Just because Noa took the fall for her morher's drugs doesn't mean that she couldn't also be doing drugs herself. We the viewers know that she doesn't do drugs, but all her mother knows is that she failed a drug test. It was because A switched the samples, but Noa's mother doesn't know that.

But with her passing the drug test up until that point it makes no sense story wise. I mean think about it when would she have had time to SUDDENLY develop a drug problem when she has been monitored 24/7 and tested repeatedly?  

and honestly why would they just not RETEST her right there immediately?? IF she claimed that it was a false positive why not test her RIGHT there again? repee in a cup and watch them test it ...and her mom being a nurse has to know there are HOME drug test you can do yourself and IF she really thought her daughter failed would have immediately done one herself you would think right?..

its a plot point that just doesn't feel thought out cause you can walk through the holes in it ...and that's NOT saying im not enjoying this show but this makes no sense ..

I mean these storylines/plot points are issues you run into when you can pop into your local drug store and pick up a test on every corner 

Edited by Keywestclubkid · Reason: the tone was completely wrong and I needed to fix that

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

I thought Chip was going to do something bad when Tabby came back from her panic attack, and Faran and the jock were gone, and he had all the camera stuff wrapped up  (I did not watch episode 5 yet).  But then he just left.  There were a couple of other mannerisms/expressions Chip has made, that made me start thinking he might be a little sketchy.  The way he looked at her at the prom episode, when she said she wanted to go dance with her friends.  He said it was okay, but then looked after her, in an almost sinister way.  It could just be the facial expressions that the actor is making, but I don't trust him.  And it would be a good way to try to throw us off, since they were making it like Tabby's boss at the movie theater was the "bad guy" vs. Chip's "best-friend-who-has-a-not-so-secret-crush-on-her good guy".   

This episode made me think Chip is probably who raped Tabby. 

Are we to assume Tabby didn't see her rapist's face but did see his body and that's why she's filming the boys locker room?

What the hell is Mouse doing? At first, I thought maybe she had been kidnapped by her moms and realized it and then maybe that she was even actually that guy's daughter. But I guess maybe she was kidnapped at some point and got away from (maybe even killed?) her kidnapper but I don't know how that explains with what she's doing.

The moms were absolute dicks as teens. And the guy killed in this ep was horrible. So, um, are we supposed to be rooting for A lol?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Are we to assume Tabby didn't see her rapist's face but did see his body and that's why she's filming the boys locker room?

I assumed she was filming because she hoped that one of the guys would say something incriminating. But I guess you could be right too. There could be many reasons why she doesn't know who raped her. Maybe it was to dark to see clearly or maybe the rapist covered his face. Or she could have been too drunk to remember or she was roofied.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

I assumed she was filming because she hoped that one of the guys would say something incriminating. 

Ah, that's probably it. That makes more sense lol.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, that's probably it. That makes more sense lol.

I thought the same thing you did 😂 The listening for something more incriminating makes more sense!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I assume Chip raped Tabby, and she will find out now when he acts the lead in the movie clip.

And why is this A actually helping the girls? A is all about the truth, and hates bullies?

A could make his/hers move towards Imogen, but did nothing

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I assume Chip raped Tabby, and she will find out now when he acts the lead in the movie clip.

Yea, and that kinda lends itself to my spec that perhaps she couldn't see the rapist's face but could see his body and maybe he had like an identifying mark she was looking for by filming them. And now that she's going to see Chip naked, she'll see it. So, maybe me and @Aileen are right with our spec!

  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, and that kinda lends itself to my spec that perhaps she couldn't see the rapist's face but could see his body and maybe he had like an identifying mark she was looking for by filming them. And now that she's going to see Chip naked, she'll see it. So, maybe me and @Aileen are right with our spec!

Cue one of those cool Jim and Pam office high-five gifs if we're right.

  • Laugh 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Are we supposed to be rooting for A? Also, did A have a key to Imogen's basement? My partner and I are thinking maybe he's Imogen's absent father.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DigitalCount said:

Are we supposed to be rooting for A? Also, did A have a key to Imogen's basement? My partner and I are thinking maybe he's Imogen's absent father.

I wonder if we are supposed to be rooting for A, too. I mean, so far I’m not mad at him lol.

I wondered about the key as well. I thought it must be someone close to Imogen/her mom. But then I thought if he killed her mom then he could have just taken her keys.

  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2022 at 6:15 PM, DigitalCount said:

Are we supposed to be rooting for A? Also, did A have a key to Imogen's basement? My partner and I are thinking maybe he's Imogen's absent father.

While the party was going on, they showed A go into the basement through the outdoor "bulkhead" entrance.  Those usually do not have a key; they are more of a latch on the inside. I know that A had been down there when Imogen went in the basement in a previous episode.  Perhaps A slipped in through the front door when Imogen was upstairs in her mom's room (when she went to get the picture from her ultrasound in the first episode), and then A left the bulkhead unlocked for future reentry?  Perhaps it was left unlocked when they were showing the house to potential buyers, and they forgot to lock it?  Or perhaps you could be onto something with your theory! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2022 at 7:16 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I wonder if we are supposed to be rooting for A, too. I mean, so far I’m not mad at him lol.

I wondered about the key as well. I thought it must be someone close to Imogen/her mom. But then I thought if he killed her mom then he could have just taken her keys.

Same!  Like you said before, the mom's were total dicks!  Angela was obviously a pretty fragile person to keep going back for more abuse.  Between making her take the fall for the smoking, and leaving her to fend for herself after throwing the bag of crap on Halloween, on top of what we saw in the first episode.  And we haven't even seem what lead up to her pleading for their attention at the NYE party in episode 1, right before her death.  There has to be more to that, that we are going to learn.

  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like it looked like he was using a key to get into the basement but like I don't pay that close of attention so I could easily be wrong lol.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like it looked like he was using a key to get into the basement but like I don't pay that close of attention so I could easily be wrong lol.

Sorry, now that you say it, you spiked my memory, and I think there was pad-lock on it, and he just shoved some kind of tool in it to pick the lock.  

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size