Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Zhuangzi

• Start Topic

Did anyone else find it odd how easily the new outlier went with the rebels?  After almost getting shot by the man with whom she was just cuddling and watching him get shot, she ran through the city with strangers, hopped on their boat and was on her way!

I can't decide if some of these strange scenarios are flawed storytelling or evidence of the show's new world order.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Did anyone else find it odd how easily the new outlier went with the rebels?  After almost getting shot by the man with whom she was just cuddling and watching him get shot, she ran through the city with strangers, hopped on their boat and was on her way!

I can't decide if some of these strange scenarios are flawed storytelling or evidence of the show's new world order.

Maybe it was part of her story and the rebels aren't really rebelling, they are part of a new storyline written to mirror the old Wyatt rebellion. 😱

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

The strangers who saved her from the man who tried to shoot her. Taking her away from the city she now knows is a lie. There is nothing odd about this. Anyone with a sense of self preservation would do the same.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

The strangers who saved her from the man who tried to shoot her. Taking her away from the city she now knows is a lie. There is nothing odd about this. Anyone with a sense of self preservation would do the same.

She knows the city is a lie?  I didn't pick that up in that scene.  I just saw her escape from one dangerous stranger with another gun-toting man who said "get on our boat and let's get out of here," essentially.  And off she went.  It wasn't clear to me why she would be so willing to follow the new group of people, unless she knows more than the episode let on.

2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

She knows the city is a lie?  I didn't pick that up in that scene. 

She thought her husband was crazy talking about the tower... now she sees it and knows he was right...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, CouchTater said:

She knows the city is a lie?  I didn't pick that up in that scene.  I just saw her escape from one dangerous stranger with another gun-toting man who said "get on our boat and let's get out of here," essentially.  And off she went.  It wasn't clear to me why she would be so willing to follow the new group of people, unless she knows more than the episode let on.

The episode clearly showed that she knew it was a lie.

Lesley: You see it too, don't you? My ex-husband used to talk about it before he was killed. I thought he was crazy. He must have felt so alone. But he was right. This world doesn't make sense. Nothing makes sense. You feel that way too, don't you? I can see it in your eyes. You think you're going crazy, but you're not. You're not alone.

This is the monologue of someone who's embraced a new reality and is ready to leave their old one behind, preferably with other people who also know the truth.

After which William prepares to shoot her, Jay shoots him, and Jay tells her, "We gotta move. Come on! He won't be out long." It was very, very clear they were there to rescue her and take her to a safer place, that staying where she was wouldn't be safe, and even if it hadn't been clear (which it was), it would be very unrealistic for her to start an argument with the armed people in that situation. Who would realistically do that?

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1

Sometimes you need a scary Terminator with Schwarzenegger's face to state emphatically, arm outstretched, "Come with me if you want to live," in order to be convinced.  Sometimes you don't.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Trying to finish the season before it leaves the Max on Sunday, I'm up to this episode.  I think Tessa Thompson is awful in this series.  I get that the Charlotte Hale character is the way she is written, but I'm not impressed with her at all in this.  I get the feeling she thinks she is giving an Emmy worthy performance of a bored psychopath all-powerful god, but I think her acting is terrible.