Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Kiss From a Rose

• Start Topic

Liz turns to Shivani for help finding scientific answers while Bonnie looks to Max for protection. Meanwhile, Kyle and Isobel deal with the fallout of their actions.

Airdate: 07/18/2022

Wow, so the show cut the Kyle/Isobel kiss down to that tiny little moment at the end of last episode, their first hookup was shown off-screen, and now it's just going to be awkward as we wait for Isobel to acknowledge that she has real feelings for Kyle?  Thanks, I hate it!

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Wow, so the show cut the Kyle/Isobel kiss down to that tiny little moment at the end of last episode, their first hookup was shown off-screen, and now it's just going to be awkward as we wait for Isobel to acknowledge that she has real feelings for Kyle?  Thanks, I hate it!

Whereas I prefer it. 
But I acknowledge that I am an outlier in this opinion.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Love 2
(edited)

I feel cheated!  I didn't need to see much, but I would have like to at least see the kiss between Kyle and Isobel move in the direction of intimacy.  As it was, they kissed for a moment in a manner that barely moved passed tentative and then we opened this episode with them laying together naked.

I am glad that Kyle said something.  At least there was some further movement for them. I was legitimately concerned that he was going to keep up with the "Yep, just a rebound hookup.. It mEanT NotHinG(!)," for most of the season.  And I'm cool with Iz taking an episode or two to sort out how she feels about it. But this better lead to more for them.  They are all I'm continuing to tune in for.

I am now completely bored with Liz and Max and their dumb perpetual angst nonsense.  

I like Bonnie well enough despite her being fairly extraneous. But I don't care about her triad or what they plan and I could not care less about whether Max is/is not a savior/key/MacGuffin in persona etc. I feel like I would be interested in Dallas's stuff if I didn't know it was tied up in the "Max is the Messiah" stuff. 

I am, oddly enough, sort of interested in the other Valentis. Like, I kinda wish the show was only the Careyes stuff.  Sonia seems pretty interesting and I like Uncle DeepSky.

Oh, and Hey!  Michael mentioned Alex....he's... er... still in a hole somewhere? I don't even miss him and that makes me sad. Or it would if I could muster a feeling.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I am glad that Kyle said something.  At least there was some further movement for them. I was legitimately concerned that he was going to keep up with the "Yep, just a rebound hookup.. It mEanT NotHinG(!)," for most of the season.  And I'm cool with Iz taking an episode or two to sort out how she feels about it. . . .

I don't need to see more than implied physical contact, but, yes, thank goodness Kyle said something and it wasn't just for the sake of a prelude to a hook up. Much better than the average bear writing for a romantic relationship between regular cast characters. 

I am now completely bored with Liz and Max and they're dumb perpetual angst nonsense.  

I was so relieved to be bored by Liz and Max after Bonnie had to kiss Max to get rid of his powers. I can't be the only one thinking Liz was going to see them kissing and raise an eyebrow or two.
I hope there's a throwaway line with her teasing him about it to hang a lantern on it.
Just please, Please, PLEASE promise me *the kiss* won't suddenly make Max fall in love with Bonnie like Max did with Tess on OG Roswell. ☹️
I hate triangles.

I like Bonnie well enough despite her being fairly extraneous. But I don't care about her triad or what they plan and I could not care less about Max whether is/is not a savior/key/MacGuffin in persona etc. I feel like I would be interested in Dallas's stuff if I didn't know it was tied up in the "Max is the Messiah" stuff. . . .

Too bad Zoe Cipres (Bonnie) only gets this season on the show; the actress adds a lot. 
Quentin Plair (Dallas) is great too.  Plus I loved his sweater in this episode, LOL.
I'm sure they will both go on to other, more in-depth roles in other projects.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Just please, Please, PLEASE promise me *the kiss* won't suddenly make Max fall in love with Bonnie like Max did with Tess on OG Roswell. ☹️

Oh, Good God.  Please no.  That hadn't even occurred to me - TBH I have mostly entirely separated the shows in my mind so far has this one strayed. 

Just the same, I doubt it will come to that.  Max and Liz's great love or whatever is now apparently part of the save Oasis plan the new Triad is supposed to complete... or that's what I think was said.  I don't know. Somehow human Liz is now on their radar or something.  Fuck, I really wasn't paying attention....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

Just the same, I doubt it will come to that.  Max and Liz's great love or whatever is now apparently part of the save Oasis plan the new Triad is supposed to complete... or that's what I think was said.  I don't know. Somehow human Liz is now on their radar or something.  Fuck, I really wasn't paying attention....

That's about what I got out of it. 
But, wow, Liz didn't even cringe a little after she stuck a humongous knife in Tezca's back. 
I realize Tezca was able to quickly heal, but still. That was so cold! Did the writers just cut Liz's reaction for time? 

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does anyone now the name of the actress playing true form Tezca? She looks so familiar to me.

I think that was Paloma Guzmán. I recognized her too and realize (to my mild shame) I recognized her from PLL.

I guess I can understand Isobel wanting to take some time to sort out her feelings, especially as she and her girlfriend just broke up, but come ON show, stop with the angst and give us that sweet Kyle/Isobel goodness! They even cut away after the kiss last week and just cut to them in the aftermath this week! At least Kyle said something, we are getting there eventually. 

Bonnie's actress is good and its really the only reason I am that invested in her. So help me if this becomes a love triangle...

Poor Alex, dropped off the face of the earth and no ones cares. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Poor Alex, dropped off the face of the earth and no ones cares. 

Note to self: Nominate Alex for "The TP Factor: Dispensable Character Who Could Vanish And No One Would Notice" for next year's PrimeTimer Awards.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5