Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Fool Me Once, Fool Me Twice? (Vigo Co, IN)

Season finale!

Fun to see the gang meet up with people they worked with before. Creepy to see the suspect just show up at the nick while they were all talking about him behind his back. Touching to hear about how the patients Kathy cared for reached out to her mom after the murder.

Good case; enough to work with, enough left to figure out.

• Love 3

Good case; enough to work with, enough left to figure out.

I think it was too circumstantial back in the day to go to trial with what they had, plus I doubt the investigators had really walked through all the details like Kelly, Yolanda and New Cop did (holding the head underwater, the explanation of the switched cord on the radio, the dragged hair). Unfortunately, it also took the death of the second wife to confirm a pattern with this guy. I think they have a good chance of convicting him and he will never get out of prison again.

Here's hoping that the next season is longer! 

• Love 3

Was a really good case. One of the more solid circumstantials they've done. I like to play devil's advocate when they work a case and convince myself of the opposite of what they have determined but nope, there is no way I could claim this guy was innocent or this was an accident or suicide without sounding foolish.

I was very happy that the vicitms mom was still alive to see the case solved. It always makes me sad when the really old cases, the people who wanted answers for so long die before they get them so yay.

And it was fun to see them go back to a town. It speaks a lot to the work they are doing that they would be asked back to help again. I like that this show is both entertaining and doing some good in the world. It's a brilliant idea.

• Love 5

I think it was too circumstantial back in the day to go to trial with what they had, plus I doubt the investigators had really walked through all the details like Kelly, Yolanda and New Cop did (holding the head underwater, the explanation of the switched cord on the radio, the dragged hair). Unfortunately, it also took the death of the second wife to confirm a pattern with this guy. I think they have a good chance of convicting him and he will never get out of prison again.

I agree that they had most of it, but not all of it. The other detail that was missing was that he had sent the policies to his office so she wouldn't see them. I had a some doubts at the beginning, but wow they really left no stone unturned. I tend to tune out a little during the reenactments, but this one was really informative. My bathroom has a small tub too and one of the doubts I had was to how you could drown someone in that small, cramped space. It took them awhile to work it out but when they got it, it was obvious how he did it. When they matched the pattern the dragged hair made, it made me gasp.

Next time I go to the library, I'm going to be giving some side eye to those older, kind of creepy looking guys who spend all day at the computers.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 10

The ladies knew going in that the suspect had done time for killing his second wife, so they didn't have to sniff around any other suspects. And in this case, the motive was identical, which was more damning. But for me, if I was on the jury, all I'd have to hear about was the non-standard cord and plug to the clock radio and I'd convict him.

I'm guessing that there wont be any plea bargain, because even a conviction on a lesser charge, it will pretty much be a death sentence.

I also gasped out loud when they showed the photo with the hair in exactly the same pattern Yolanda's made on the floor; in fact, I got cold goosebumps up my neck.  That made the whole thing so real for me, as if for a second we were standing there watching the moments after the crime.  Very, very effective. 

• Love 6