Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Agent of Chaos

• Start Topic

Victor tries to help a closeted classmate. Mia gets a startling call from her father. Armando and Isabel disagree about how to discipline Pilar. Lake discovers some upsetting news about Lucy. Rahim’s uncle creates family drama.

Yeah sorry, I don't think Victor is any agent of chaos. No more than any teenager.

Ah, Armando came through. Excuse my bitching in the last episode thread, lol. I also see both sides with Felix & Pilar. I get that he doesn't want to upset the family that's been so kind to him but I understand her being hurt.

• Love 1

I'm afraid they've run out of story for Mia. Her big dilemma is that her father's new wife has gone into labor ahead of schedule and she'll miss out on being there for the birth? Why is everything a drama with this girl? She's flying out there in three weeks anyway, does she really need to be there at the hospital when the baby is born? And isn't FaceTime the obvious solution? Andrews not exactly a genius for thinking it up. I'm having a hard time believing she's that jazzed about her father's new wife having a baby in the first place.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:22 AM, iMonrey said:

I'm having a hard time believing she's that jazzed about her father's new wife having a baby in the first place.

I could see her being excited. Especially if she likes babies/kids.

This child won’t be any sort of emotional competition- she will be out of the house for real by the time he’s old enough to talk back, and a self sufficient, income earning adult by the time he has expenses of his own. I don’t doubt she would love him, but he will probably be more like a nephew/little cousin to her than a brother. The enormous age difference alone. 

Oh look the show remembered it is connected to the Simonverse with that throw away line about Victor being Liam's Simon. I did chuckle at Felix's 'Yeah what happened to Simon' line. Considering teenagers are meant to be tech savvy, I will never understand why teenagers never have their notification set to mute for apps that could expose their secret. Since Liam is in the closet, he would not want his phone announcing to the world his is on a gay dating app, it makes no sense, but I guess sometimes the story has to story for story sake. Although I admit I thought it was just a random text notification and he was running away cause the message was for his eyes only, but then Felix and Victor were all 'OMG! That's the sound of not!Grindr'

Honestly was not expecting that Camila story point at all with this show. As predictable as this show can be, it can on occasions throw me a surprise. And I happy that Armando had chilled enough that Pilar and Felix can see each other without drama, until Pilar decided she needed to be a teenage girl and make drama haha.

It's great to see Nick return and actually have some growth. He honestly does seem like a nice guy.  And the fact I didn't miss Benji in all the main plots would indicate I would rather Victor end up with Nick than Benji, but there are only two episodes to go and there is no way the show is going to make Victor and Nick OTP. I did enjoy Isabel saying she has to go and talk to Jesus about something so the two boys could talk.

Really felt for Rahim during his time with his Uncle. But I am glad that a) He got Connor's number as this mean one less person for this show to pretend Victor could end up with and b) His mother agreed that going forward Rahim can be himself and not pretend to be someone else.

Wasn't a fan of Mia's manufactured drama. Look I get the concept of being upset you can't meet your new sibling straight away but the show really upped up the angst. Say Mia was in the same town as her dad and step-mum, surely she would just be pacing up and down the waiting room there is no way she would be in the delivery room watching her step-mum give birth? Surely that's not what the show was implying but that's how I saw it.

And still don't care about Lake/Lucy.

• Love 1

Good for their parents to chill about Pilar dating Felix. Not sure why she was upset with Felix though. How did he pick her family over her? He just wanted to stay on good terms with them, which is important for his relationship with Pilar, not just for his friendship with Victor. She seems to be overreacting to me. And now I wonder if Felix and Lake might get back together by the season's end, considering her talk with Lucy. And good for Lucy to point out that college applications don't determine one's life, which seems to be what many teenagers on TV believe.

Good for Rahim to confront his mother over her shoving him back into closet. His uncle was a real dick, like what was that with the jacket? Even if there was anything wrong with it (I don't think so), is that the first thing you say to someone, especially if they have company? I hate how some people like him (old men mostly) think they have some right to control other people.

I expected a bit more from the Liam story, maybe we'll see him again in remaining episodes, but with Nick being back, it seems there's a lot to resolve. I had to laugh a bit when he tried to kiss Victor, because that's probably what most people would think in his place, I don't think that people tend to announce out of the blue that they want to be your mentor, lol.

• Love 1