Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Lucas and Diego

• Start Topic

Attempting to move on from his past relationships, Victor goes on an unexpected adventure. Felix and Pilar struggle to maintain their relationship after the fallout from Isabel and Armando. New information has Benji revisiting moments from his past.

Ugh, I hate it when parents react like that. It's not going to stop teenagers from having sex. It will just ensure that they won't talk to you about it and they may not be safe. People should not forget what it's like to be a teenager. 

Whoa Benji's dad. Way to overstep there. This was a bad ep for all the parents. Except maybe his mom. She seemed to be accepting.

• Love 4

I do think Pilar is too immature to be having sex. I mean, points for being pro-active with the birth control, but her reaction to Felix was very immature. 

Benji's dad's a jerk, I'm waiting for someone to tell him he's the problem here, not Victor.

No Mia or Lake in this episode and I did not miss either one of them.

• Love 2
On 6/17/2022 at 8:54 AM, festivus said:

This was a bad ep for all the parents. Except maybe his mom

I agree, the parents in general sucked this episode. Way to push away your kids. And Benji's dad was the worst, especially since it is very clear he is Benji's main trigger.

My problem with this episode is that it was Benji heavy, I just find his character just brings the show to a slow drag and I just don't really understand why the show is viewing Victor and him as ultimate end game. I would love to see Victor move on. Still be friends with Benji (like he is with Rahim) but move on romantically. I get that Victor pines cause Benji is his first, but I don't really see anything from Benji that makes me think he sees Victor as someone super important in his life. In fact, this episode really highlighted how hypocritical Benji was over Victor's parents accepting Victor as gay. You would think he would have been more sympathetic to what Victor was going through with his mother last season based on what we were shown this episode.

Highlight of the episode was the Victor/Rahim/Andrew scene setting up the dating profile. Considering I found Andrew irritating in S1, it's amazing how this show has turned him around to be a character I'm happy to be in scenes - I know I'll at least get a few laughs when he appears.

For a season that is 8 episodes long, I felt this was a bit of a filler episode. Sure stuff happened but overall I feel the characters are still where there were at the start of the episode.

• Love 3

Again with the pretending to be 22 and nobody even brought that up. This surprises me, from my experience with American TV, people seem to be very strict about under-18 and over-18 people dating.

On 6/17/2022 at 12:54 AM, festivus said:

Ugh, I hate it when parents react like that. It's not going to stop teenagers from having sex. It will just ensure that they won't talk to you about it and they may not be safe. People should not forget what it's like to be a teenager. 

Whoa Benji's dad. Way to overstep there. This was a bad ep for all the parents. Except maybe his mom. She seemed to be accepting.

I agree. Pilar is too young to be having sex IMO, but at least she is thinking about using birth control. I doubt her parents would be too happy about teenage pregnancy (I guess that abortion would not even be brought up as an option now 😠). But wouldn't she need a parent with her to get a prescription?

Benji's father sucks. Way to project your own feelings about being the source of Benji's anxiety into the first convenient target.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:37 AM, Bill1978 said:

In fact, this episode really highlighted how hypocritical Benji was over Victor's parents accepting Victor as gay. You would think he would have been more sympathetic to what Victor was going through with his mother last season based on what we were shown this episode.

I actually think that makes sense. It's sometimes easier to point out the same faults in strangers than in people that our close to us. And it's convenient to vent your frustrations that way, because you have an emotional distance and things can seem more black and white when you don't know all the background, so it's easier to judge someone. It's not very cool, but I find it understandable.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:38 AM, JustHereForFood said:

I agree. Pilar is too young to be having sex IMO, but at least she is thinking about using birth control. I doubt her parents would be too happy about teenage pregnancy (I guess that abortion would not even be brought up as an option now 😠). But wouldn't she need a parent with her to get a prescription?

Depending on where she went (family Dr Vs online Vs a clinic) she wouldn’t need parental consent for contraception.

I have always thought it’s best for young women to explore their contraceptive options before they decide to have heterosexual intercourse (if that’s what they want to do). There’s no harm in being on the pill a year or two (or 5!!) before making the decision. That does strike me as a tv trope that parents get all mad about it. 

• Useful 1