Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: You Up?

• Start Topic

Victor is enjoying the steaminess of his relationship until an unforeseen complication makes him reconsider. Lake pawns Mia off on Georgina for the day. Armando catches Pilar and Felix canoodling. Rahim begins to tutor Benji.

LoL, the sudden mood shift when Rahim was tutoring Benji and suddenly called him a dumbass was hilarious 🤣. One of the best moments of the season so far.

And Pilar and Felix confessing their love to each other was super sweet ❤️.

I really liked the scene where Lake asked her mom why she criticizes her all the time and her reaction to that. Gosh, this episode was just hit after hit, really good.

• Love 1

Victor doesn't really strike me as the kind of kid that would just randomly hook up with some dude he just met. I guess teenage hormones and all, but still. 

I hope they're not going to go there with Rahim and Benji. They probably won't but Victor getting the wrong idea seeing them together is so soap opera. 

• Love 1
On 6/18/2022 at 1:02 AM, iMonrey said:

Victor doesn't really strike me as the kind of kid that would just randomly hook up with some dude he just met.

While Victor also doesn't strike me as a person who would do random hook up, I thought it was good for Victor to experience a side of seeing someone that doesn't involve the concept of being their 'forever after', so of course the show has to scare Victor into experiencing the negative side of random hookups - STI, and even though it turned out to be poison ivy you just know Victor is going to remember the scare more than the cause even if he has downloaded 'no frills Grindr'

Glad they addressed Lake's issue with her mum's constant criticism of her. Sometimes though I feel like the writers want to recreate the actresses character from Popular with the put downs they use. I quite enjoyed Mia and Lake this episode

On 6/18/2022 at 1:02 AM, iMonrey said:

I hope they're not going to go there with Rahim and Benji. They probably won't but Victor getting the wrong idea seeing them together is so soap opera. 

I don't think they will go there (well I hope not), I'm getting more of a vibe of becoming friends, even if this show is intent in having Benji and Victor spiralling whenever either of them sees the other talking to another male. The writers tried to do a bit of mini redemptive arc for Benji to try to explain his attitude, I'm still not sold but there is stil half a season left to show me that he is worth Victor's pining.

• Like 1
On 6/15/2022 at 7:01 AM, Harvey said:

LoL, the sudden mood shift when Rahim was tutoring Benji and suddenly called him a dumbass was hilarious 🤣. One of the best moments of the season so far.

I agree. I like them as scene partners. 

I don't want to see Benji and Rahim hook up either, but I can see them being friends, I think they have probably more common interests than either of them with Victor.

The scene with Lake and her mom felt so fake to me. I can't imagine that she never told her how she feels before and people like her mother usually don't take the first hint (or second, or third). It seemed to me like they got over it far too quickly.

• Love 1

The scene where Armando and Isabella are calling themselves such fools because they didn't find Pilar being happy to be suspicious enough was cracking me up.

I liked having scenes with Benji and Rahim, especially because it was nice to see Benji without Victor.

• Love 2

Also, Rahim's parents massively suck for making him meet his homophobic uncle and hide who he is. I get that is sucks to come from autocratic regime that doesn't care about human rights and to have members of family still there who probably don't have problems with it, but the least they could do was let him stay away while this relative is visiting. Or just let him dress how ever he wants and let the uncle make his own conclusions. 

Plus, I know that my gaydar is weak, but that shirt didn't scream gay to me at all.