Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: First Love

• Start Topic

So, wait... everyone knows monsters are real? The school actually has monster alarms? That's different!

Apparently there are lines Elinor won't cross in her quest for power, and having 10 kids is one. Can't say I blame her there.

"You ate my mother. I didn't even know that was possible" made me laugh.

I wonder if Oliver and his girlfriend are telling the truth about this spell to make Juliette a "real girl." That seems like a bad plan, regardless. Keep the fighting skills and the strength and the long lifespan and the near-invincibility, Juliette! The perks outweigh the one drawback of having to eat people every once in a while!

• Love 2

So is Sebastian the snake now? If so then they are really the keeper of it. I also wonder if the snake hated Davina and has wanted to eat her. 

Being a legacy vampire in this world doesn't seem so bad. They have none of the of usual hangup that other vamps have. Except for the occasional bloodlust. Can't Juliette get blood from bloodbanks or drink animals like the other good tv vampires? Plus it doesn't even look like they have to drain they just need to drink a bit. 

It's interesting that the while town was already aware their are monsters. 

Why is Oliver's Witch girlfriend collecting livers? It is interesting that they introduce the family members one way then turn it around so we don't know which one is the worst yet. Lol they should just let the twins battle it out and see who wins.

• Love 1
On 6/11/2022 at 1:09 PM, Sakura12 said:

Why is Oliver's Witch girlfriend collecting livers?

She (or Oliver) said she needed it for a spell--not sure if she needs more than one. It may have been more like killing 2 birds with stone: Oliver wanted his sister to be able to drink blood without having to kill, and as long as he was killing Ashley for that purpose he or Carmen took the liver for the spell.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:53 AM, Cranberry said:

"You ate my mother. I didn't even know that was possible" made me laugh.

And this is why Sebastian may be my favorite character--loving husband and father who will do anything for his family. That was a well-deserved fate for Davina.

This episode took a turn for the silly.  Still really enjoying it but wow.

Regular people are aware of monsters and they have a whole alarm system protocol for them? I think they should have established that earlier. Naming one of the characters Juliette was already a little on the nose, but the school putting on Romeo and Juliette? The whole scene around Sebastian eating his MiL was so awkward I couldn’t stop laughing (starting with the burp right at the top).

Anyone else think Juliette looks adorable when she bares her fangs? Can’t help it - my first thought is “awwww” rather than “oh no!”

• Love 1