Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Be Kind. Rewind.

• Start Topic

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE - An alarming event triggers a drastic change in the magical universe. Only The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Sarah Jeffery and Lucy Barrett), along with Harry (Rupert Evans) and Jordan (Jordan Donica), can save the world where humankind and magical beings co-exist...but they'll risk their lives in the process.

Original Airdate: June 3, 2022

https%253A%252F%252Fhiddenremote.com%252

CMD412b_0050r2.thumb.jpg.fc93a4a8eb9ad72c54cc7de6a9bdb079.jpg

This was a very rushed episode and it'll be interesting to see how they wrap up everything next week.

The last 15min or so were the best part of the episode and some of the best 15mins of the season with the 3 CO working together. While I'm not sure why Mels final act couldn't be sending Maggie/Kaela back to the past....Maggie having to take her dying sisters power was dramatic enough.

The promo for the finale...I see they are visiting Halliwell manor. Now if they get ANYONE from the OG show, we will see.

Geez, it's no wonder I can't follow the narrative on this show - even the writers don't seem to understand, or remember what the hell is going on. Last week, weren't we told that by drinking from The Bowl Inara would get all the power? Yet here we are this week with a Safe Space Seattle crawling with magical creatures, all with their magic intact. Or was she only supposed to get all of the Charmed Ones' power? In which case why did Mel think she must have stripped them of their powers? 

Also, the last time they touched the black goo, they didn't get their powers back right away, and what they eventually got was some weird variation of their original powers, which they have never regained. This time they drink the black goo and their previous powers are just restored instantly. Even though Inara is supposed to have the Charmed One power. WHATEVER. 

The dumbest part of this whole dumb thing? Harry trying to watch a video tape  . . . and adjusting the antenna. WTF. These people don't even understand how VCRs work. How old are they, sixteen?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Geez, it's no wonder I can't follow the narrative on this show - even the writers don't seem to understand, or remember what the hell is going on. Last week, weren't we told that by drinking from The Bowl Inara would get all the power? Yet here we are this week with a Safe Space Seattle crawling with magical creatures, all with their magic intact. Or was she only supposed to get all of the Charmed Ones' power? In which case why did Mel think she must have stripped them of their powers? 

Also, the last time they touched the black goo, they didn't get their powers back right away, and what they eventually got was some weird variation of their original powers, which they have never regained. This time they drink the black goo and their previous powers are just restored instantly. Even though Inara is supposed to have the Charmed One power. WHATEVER. 

The dumbest part of this whole dumb thing? Harry trying to watch a video tape  . . . and adjusting the antenna. WTF. These people don't even understand how VCRs work. How old are they, sixteen?

To be fair, he was adjusting the antenna on the live feed, i.e. the present. The past is on VHS.

(edited)

To be fair, he was adjusting the antenna on the live feed, i.e. the present. The past is on VHS.

Then why did he put a cassette tape into the VCR? They had not established there was any live feed available; we got a montage of Harry going through stacks of cassette tapes.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1

The premise at the end could make for a good finale.  At least I hope so. 

Inara was too over-the-top.  She has unlimited power, so why not spend all her time at Safe Space?  Why didn't she just turn the pesky Charmed Ones into trees, too?  Or kill them.  It's not like she had any qualms disposing of them.

The travelling to the past power is a tad convenient to give their past selves clues and help.  So was the video store of every-possible-scenario.  Lucky that random blond woman got Harry to go there, or the Charmed Ones wouldn't have a plan.

• Love 1