Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Divine Secrets of the O.G. Sisterhood

• Start Topic

STRONGER TOGETHER - While the Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Sarah Jeffrey and Lucy Barrett) are still reeling from a shocking turn of events, The Unseen have infiltrated every corner of the magical realm and are on the precipice of their plans to destroy the Power of Three forever.

Original Airdate: May 27, 2022
0494619E-4712-440A-BB8D-A3FD8065D39A.jpg
667FFDCF-5CCC-46A9-9C0A-F59EE50B3F8A.jpg
DE5B9DC1-1385-44D3-9D4F-6A983DF21133.jpg
B517E5CB-0569-491C-91AE-D9E7316DD4C5.jpg
2FE1AE4E-D97D-4D6C-B1C8-E46209D73A90.jpg

Wow. That was a mess.  Did we ever find out why Roxy goes into the box for seven years?

I can't remember what kind of magical creature she's supposed to be but it's the human equivalent of a cicada.

Yes, this whole season is devolving into a colossal, impenetrable mess. It started off OK and I was cautiously optimistic it would improve after reading there were new show-runners who thought the previous seasons were a mess. How sad, and ironic, that it's just as big a mess as ever. I think the whole problem from the beginning has been too many cooks in the kitchen with too many competing ideas. Having someone take over running things just means different, but still convoluted, ideas.

It's way more complicated than it needs to be. Consider: one of the original COs sabotages Kaela's bus, drugs her, has her paint a mural on the side of a bus, all just to narrate a story. Couldn't she just have - oh, I don't know - told her this? And don't Kaela's drawings come to life? How come this one didn't? And even with the visual I'm unable to follow this story, at all. So there are nine magical tribes, they all came together to defeat a big bad evil, they made this bowl, then the COs drank from the bowl? And banished the evil? Then one of them wanted all the power? And drank from the bowl? Again? And was banished? By the bowl? WTF with this stupid bowl.

And on top of all this we still have more of this pointless subplot with Roxy, apparently all in service to Mel's love life as if there's not enough going on. Plus this baffling nonsense with the other realm all-white video store and the Whitelighter from another world. Where is this going? 

The question remains, with only two episodes left, did the writers know they were cancelled before they wrote the final one? Or is this nonsense all going to just stop with no resolution? My bet is on the latter.

• Love 4

Well as usual, its a decent episode by the shows standard but one that is yet again played out the wrong way imo.

In their need to make us accept Kaela as a Charmed One when she isnt related to the Vaughns, they went one step forward and made the OG Charmed Ones just 3 random witches. It totally lessons being Charmed and very generic imo. It makes it zero reason as to why the Vaughns were Charmed. They never had a sisterhood, Any 3 witches could've become the new Charmed Ones by this shows standard. They say that Kaela is their sister because of Macys stem cells but she isnt. They say that Kaela is 'Charmed' because of a destiny but that doesn't make things any better for their explanation as to why anyone else receiving Macys stem cells wouldn't become a witch and be Charmed.

As always, this is an episode that didnt need 4 plots. Mel didn't need to go all Phoebe on us and go "my romantic life trumps the end of the world". They teased a connection to the OG series and that might as well be the tease lol.

This episode should've had TCO going to the past and encountering other Charmed Ones in various time periods leading them to the revelation that the big bad is one of the first Charmed Ones while Harry deals with this multiverse of Charmed VHS.

TCO at the end was very corny and reminded me of The Evil Queen from Snow White lol.

The preview showing SHOCKER...TCO have lost their powers AGAIN. Wow.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

So there are nine magical tribes, they all came together to defeat a big bad evil, they made this bowl, then the COs drank from the bowl? And banished the evil? Then one of them wanted all the power? And drank from the bowl? Again? And was banished? By the bowl? WTF with this stupid bowl.

The question remains, with only two episodes left, did the writers know they were cancelled before they wrote the final one? Or is this nonsense all going to just stop with no resolution? My bet is on the latter.

The 9 magical tribes came together to defeat the big evil, made the bowl which helped create TCO who in turn banished the evil. Then one of them wanted to basically give everyone the power? And the other 2 friends were like "no...that wont work out" so they banished her and she became bitter over time and decided "why does everyone need power when I can just have all of it to myself!"

TheCW warned all of their shows about possible cancellation and advised them to gear towards series finales so this finale should wrap things up enough for a series finale while leaving things open enough for a S5 if they had gotten one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

TheCW warned all of their shows about possible cancellation and advised them to gear towards series finales so this finale should wrap things up enough for a series finale while leaving things open enough for a S5 if they had gotten one.

I don't think they warned them far enough in advance, because there's no way they're going to be able to wrap up this mess in 2 episodes.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GaT said:

I don't think they warned them far enough in advance, because there's no way they're going to be able to wrap up this mess in 2 episodes.

Madeline warned them she was leaving what? 6-8 episodes before they were to film the finale? And they ignored it until the very end. They just suck at taking notices. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't think they'd have been able to wrap this mess up even with 22 episodes. 

• Love 2
On 5/28/2022 at 1:18 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Harry deals with this multiverse of Charmed VHS.

Didn't the blonde whitelighter mention something about a premonition from her universe? (Phoebe?)

3 hours ago, Trekky said:

Didn't the blonde whitelighter mention something about a premonition from her universe? (Phoebe?)

Yeah. Her Charmed One has the power the premonition and saw what will happen. It's definitely Phoebe since the showrunner has been liking tweets about it being her.

I think the writers of this season included some promoted writers from previous seasons, so they were probably unable to see the flaws of their whole approach, despite rising to headwriter roles.  I still think it's a bit more coherent than the last seasons, though.

Did the actor who plays Harry not want to work with anyone he knew or something?  It's almost laughable how he's just off on his own pointless subplot every episode.

Meanwhile, these sisters have so many fights it's hard to remember they are sisters.  Oh well, they could have been random strangers too, I guess... it really doesn't matter.

So the Original Charmed one in the tree and this other Original Charmed one could have saved everyone a lot of trouble by just explaining what the Evil Original Charmed one was trying to do.  

Maggie and Jordan's break-up made no sense, so it was hard to feel anything for it.  Mel just seemed stupid for not going along to help Maggie when the Unseen basically had stolen the Book of Shadows (which basically anyone can use, apparently).  

2 more episodes left, so I hope it will be a satisfying finale for the series.  Oh, who am I kidding.  

• Love 2