Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Divine Providence

• Start Topic

(edited)

Can someone tell my why people on this show can headshot walkers with a pistol at 50 yards while running but they can’t hit a person 10 feet in front of them?

I also don’t see how Wes was able to basically lead a coup in the tower after being there for like two days?  I think I disliked his character more than I dislike Strand.  I really don’t see why Alicia got so mad at Strand for killing him.  Like Strand said, he wasn’t going to stand down.

And, of course, we’re going to get the “towering inferno” so our heroes will be on the move again.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Love 4

So everybody changed sides about six times so a nothing of a character who's been there like 5 minutes can lead an almost coup? And it's okay now that Strand threw all these people off a roof and paraded around like a great dictator since he cried in the end? Oh, but he lost his silly hat a couple of times.

Okay, sure. What a mess of an episode.

• Love 10

The show plods forward like each writer throws dialogue into a hat then every actor randomly grabs from it without looking. Strand and Alicia's connection stopped making sense a long time ago. Wes's conviction and pseudo-leadership came out of nowhere. The Tower and Padre are supposed to hold significant meaning but who knows why. 

I'm in til the  finale bc I want to see the dopey way they bring back Madison but I really don't want to get sucked in for another season of this.

• Love 5

I just don't get the obsession over this stupid tower. They really shouldn't have thrown nuclear fallout into the story, it makes zero sense. I remember back when the big threat was the nuclear power plant exploding, so apparently the writers were just hell-bent on adding nukes to the story. 

I'm glad Wes is dead, I didn't like the sudden way he turned all evil. I just wish he had taken Strand with him.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I just don't get the obsession over this stupid tower. They really shouldn't have thrown nuclear fallout into the story, it makes zero sense. I remember back when the big threat was the nuclear power plant exploding, so apparently the writers were just hell-bent on adding nukes to the story.

I agree, the whole thing is stupid.  It's like there is a cloud of fallout all around the tower but the tower somehow has some magical shield around it.  For all the time they have spent going to and from the tower and everything else, they probably could have walked out of the fallout area by now.

• Love 2
On 5/22/2022 at 10:32 PM, KeithJ said:

And, of course, we’re going to get the “towering inferno” so our heroes will be on the move again.

Good, maybe they'll leave the freakin' nuclear fallout area! Hopefully Madison has enough sense for that.

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm glad Wes is dead, I didn't like the sudden way he turned all evil. I just wish he had taken Strand with him.

His turnaround was so out-of-left-field that I kept expecting him to reveal it was all a trick to get into Strand's good graces and side with Alicia.

• Love 4

agree, the whole thing is stupid.  It's like there is a cloud of fallout all around the tower but the tower somehow has some magical shield around it.  For all the time they have spent going to and from the tower and everything else, they probably could have walked out of the fallout area by now.

And within a horse-ride's distance away is enough radiation to kill Charlie, like, within weeks, but somehow the Tower is protected? By what? 

His turnaround was so out-of-left-field that I kept expecting him to reveal it was all a trick to get into Strand's good graces and side with Alicia.

Yeah I wondered that too, and that would have been a good twist. Except there would have been no reason for him to play-act with Dwight and Sherry in the last episode. Nope. Just bad writing.

• Love 4

Why is the writing so unbelievably bad this season? This episode was lunacy. How can having a crater full of nuclearized walkers surrounding the tower, be a good idea for anyone?

Fog in the stairwell? These are your men. They already know the layout.

Alicia and Strand barricaded some doors that wouldn't latch with a couple of dressers they easily pushed to the door. After some gunfire, Wes and company give the door a good push and it's clear there's no resistance so they stop trying to enter and let Strand have a heart to heart with Alicia. After Strand has finished babbling, they push through the door like kicking a sand castle.

I don't understand the transmitter intrigue. Alicia didn't approach the Tower that day as a friend of Strand. When Alicia gave her explanation all I did was shrug my shoulders and wonder what was the big deal.

• Love 1