Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Truth or Cares

• Start Topic

Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) is surprised by someone important from her past and tries to keep the peace when they collide with her present. Mel (Melonie Diaz), Kaela (Lucy Barrett) and Dev (guest star Kapil Talwalkar) are on the trail of the Unseen, while Jordan (Jordan Donica) and Harry (Rupert Evans) seek assistance from a different powerful trio.

Original Airdate: May 13, 2022
CMD409b_0078r.jpg
CMD409a_0098r.jpgCMD409a_0334r.jpg

Yeah thats just lame to me. 

Well....its Charmed. The sisters are given 1 scene together before we flash to the two males doing their own thing for another cliffhanger.

The big mystery that played all season is finally revealed and its far from a shocker. How is Kaela a Charmed One? Stem cells. While I could believe that this caused her to gain powers, it giving her access to being Charmed is a different story. If it were that simple than we could have 100s of Charmed Ones at any given time. And why didnt Macys demon side have some development in Kaelas access to becoming a witch?

They very easily could've had Marisol donate her eggs when she was in college or be a surrogate using her own egg to help out a family friend...make much more sense. Keeps Marisol from having another baby daddy that she cheated with. Keeps Kaela connected to the sisters, be a sister without being a sister and still keeping her parents as her parents.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/14/2022 at 8:12 AM, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah thats just lame to me. 

The big mystery that played all season is finally revealed and its far from a shocker. How is Kaela a Charmed One? Stem cells. While I could believe that this caused her to gain powers, it giving her access to being Charmed is a different story. If it were that simple than we could have 100s of Charmed Ones at any given time. And why didnt Macys demon side have some development in Kaelas access to becoming a witch?

It's the usual lame Charmed storyline. They're trying to say that anyone can be special? You mean anyone that got the right stem cells, and did Kaela get all of Macy's stem cells? Or are Charmed Ones going to be coming out of the woodwork, like potentials on Buffy?

Edited by GaT
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

wait wasn't there an episode where chimps got powers from pipers blood? I am kinda glad NOW that this thing got canceled what the actual what with this storyline 

Yes, actually one of the more interesting minor storylines on the OG surprisingly lol. The doctor injected himself with all 3s powers and ended up going crazy. 

(edited)

Yes, actually one of the more interesting minor storylines on the OG surprisingly lol. The doctor injected himself with all 3s powers and ended up going crazy. 

Yeah, the premise of that episode was that you could acquire witch powers by injecting yourself with witch blood but if you were not yourself a witch it would eventually kill you. That rule does not apparently apply here to Kaela.

I honestly cannot follow what the hell is going on with this stupid bowl. Both Maggie and Mel's fathers were cursed with this bowl? How, exactly? And when, and why? And this waitress chick (whose name is apparently Sunny but I only know that from looking it up on IMDB) hates TCO because The Faction was after her? Like that's their fault? Good grief, this is all so convoluted and stupid, it's a wonder this show managed to make it all the way to four seasons.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 4

This episode was better than the last one.  As said above, once again, three-way split narrative, but at least they were a bit more interesting though just as contrived/due to their stupidity.  The Harry and Jordan stuff was the least gripping.  Why do the fates care about Jordan's love life, again?  In Mel's subplot, of course they spare the annoying whiny backstabbing bartender so the arc could drag on for another episode.  Maybe she could blame The Faction instead?  I did like some of the scenes between Maggie and her father.  I enjoyed seeing the actor from "Heroes" again.  Though I really can't remember the backstory of the two dads.  Can the Charmed Ones please store their potions in a safer place so the containers can't get knocked off a shelf so easily?  

I don't mind the stem cell reveal.  It's sort of nice that Macy lives on in Kaela, who has grown on me.  

On 5/18/2022 at 8:29 AM, iMonrey said:

I honestly cannot follow what the hell is going on with this stupid bowl. 

I'm glad it isn't just me.  Granted, I'm not paying full attention while watching, but I had no idea what was going on with the bowl.  I also had no idea what Harry and Jordan were trying to do in this episode.  I thought they were going to find something out about the bowl too.  Oh well, I couldn't care less.