Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Come get these hugs!

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Did I just see a commercial for a damn show called "Livin' Lozado"? Evelyn is getting her own damn show on OWN? What is Oprah going thru right now?

Damn, Charlemagne was right, Ho's be winning.

Oh yes you saw that correctly.  Oprah has truly fallen to new lows.  I just don't understand what she is trying to prove or what her line of thinking must be but she has some shit shows on OWN.  I my opinion, she has lost a ton of respect for those that looked up to her. Damn lady!  You have billions, why not retire and live a luxurious life instead of joining up with Tyler Perry to create such awful TV.

• Love 3

I don't even know who this Evelyn chick is and I'm already over it. IMO the network sucks on the whole. It is only a last ditch effort for Dr. Shrill and Undercover Boss for background noise. I've tried all the TP centric programs. Eh… 

Hey OPRAH! Get Iyanla, to turn over ALL the seasons of "Starting Over."  

I know I make fun of Iylana at times, however, on a more serious note, each episode always presents something that hits me right in my heart and soul. Some episodes more than others, but this series always gives me a tidbit of useful information to help me heal from a childhood of sadness. Not a bad childhood, but definitely...sad. 

• Love 4

I go back and forth with her. I saw her several times at workshops and Hayhouse classes and didn't really warm to her but back then she was in a shitty space in her life. Once Oprah brought her back on her show she really had to humble herself.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:56 PM, FairyDusted said:

I go back and forth with her. I saw her several times at workshops and Hayhouse classes and didn't really warm to her but back then she was in a shitty space in her life. Once Oprah brought her back on her show she really had to humble herself.

That two-part interview Oprah did with Iyanla during her last season gave me life! They put everything out on the table and I liked seeing Oprah challenge Iyanla and call her to the carpet on certain things. They let it all out and it was healing.

Every time Iyanla rocks a patient/client I always think of that scene in 'Women of Brewster Place" when Oprah rocks Lynn Whitfield's character while she's grieving. "Come on, Lucille! That's right. Let it all out!"

• Love 2

That's an unforgettable scene for sure. Oprah should get a fruit basket everyday for helping her up and getting a regular paycheck. The only thing I thought was weird is when O renovated I's house. She was making money. That would have been done with the first check. The long hugs would bug me. neither she or Eden Sasoon are allowed to hold me like that. At any rate I'm glad she has been successful with the series.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

That's an unforgettable scene for sure. Oprah should get a fruit basket everyday for helping her up and getting a regular paycheck. The only thing I thought was weird is when O renovated I's house. She was making money. That would have been done with the first check. The long hugs would bug me. neither she or Eden Sasoon are allowed to hold me like that. At any rate I'm glad she has been successful with the series.

Speaking of Eden Sasoon, now that's a bag of crazy not even Iyanla can fix! So glad she's not coming back to BH next season.

• Love 1