Type keyword(s) to search

S47.E20: Selena Gomez / Post Malone

• Start Topic

Selena looked good.  Good show.

Sarah knocked it out of the park, especially when she dropped whatever-the-thing-was and decided not to go after it and ad lib instead.

• Love 4
On 5/16/2022 at 12:44 AM, vb68 said:

I just wish Kate had actually tried even a little. Nicolle is actually funny and has some quirks that they could have used. (It would had been hysterical if they had someone play John Heileman just to say "Hiiiii Nicolle!!!!" Yes, that's a whole thing.)

I agree with this completely! They didn't get the hair quite right, and Nicole does have a pretty distinct diction that they could have played up. Yes, to the John Heileman idea as well!

• Love 1
On 5/15/2022 at 12:01 AM, Galileo908 said:

Cold Open: Yeah, let's face it, the Depp vs Heard defamation trial is something LIGHT, especially with recent tragic news (like in Buffalo...). Kenan was the best choice to find someone pooped the bed. Kyle was great as Johnny Depp. 

Monologue: Yes, Selena Gomez is just the latest child star to be on SNL. She does do a good Miley Cyrus impression. OF COURSE Kyle volunteers himself when Selena mentions she's single. 

Bratz: I love that Bowen is one of the Bratz dolls. "We're competitive about...sports...and girls..." This was a bit early in the night for a sketch as weird and listless as this one.

Old Enough - Long Term Boyfriend: As a 35 year old man lost in the world, I feel like my mom wrote this sketch. Good concept, though.

A Peek at Pico: I didn't know what to make of this sketch. Fun accents, I guess?

A Storm Within: A play where everyone rehearsed in haste and no one remembers lines. This honestly felt like a long form improv that turned into a sketch for how flighty is was. 

American Inventors: Steve Martin is here to save the day! Being the inventor of the whoopie cushion was perfect. I don't know why Aidy being struck by lightning multiple times made me laugh so hard, but it did. 

WU: The "Bit o'coin" joke was so stupid but I laughed. Same with the Barbie joke. I'm also surprised they got away with "Pussy is on the way."

Sarah's bit was great. I bet she put that bottle of Goldschlager in Colin's dressing room, too.

The Three Daughters: I appreciate it when a sketch character is self-aware for once. The Prince KNOWS that there were gonna be three daughters, and one of them was gonna be weird. He's watched his share of Lawrence Welk sketches. Kate having a literal bubble butt was the last thing I was expecting.

Shoulder Devil: Punkie gets a song! And it was fun. I liked Post Malone's bit, and let's face it, it would've been Pete if he was here.

Guidance Counselors: Yeah, guidance counselors are useless. All they do is urge you to go into modeling. Not much going on in this one.

Twins: Now THIS was a 5 to 1. Bowen and Sarah did make good, weird baby twins, though. Post Malone randomly showing up was great.

Wasn't really feeling this one. Natasha Lyonne closes us out next week!

That Talk Show Made Me Think OF Bronx Beat ! Not Only Was IT A Talk Show, But, Their Accents Were Like Amy Saying Sweater Weather ! 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:08 AM, AriAu said:

Great 11:50 sketch and funny Update (I liked the Sarah shtick)….. but, was that the worst host acting….E V E R??? At first I thought it was the weird tone of voice and inability to read cue cards, but it was just awful acting

NO, The Worst Host Acting Was January Jones ! 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:54 AM, peeayebee said:

I have no idea what Fleet Foxes is.

Her voice worked for the Peek at Pico sketch, but, yes, it was bugging me a lot of the time. I liked her in Only Murders in the Building as well as that Disney Wizards show, so I was expecting more from her here.

I haven't watched any of the Depp/Heard trial, so I can't say how much Kyle's impression was accurate, but I didn't like it. I didn't like the CO either.

The monologue was ok. I was amused by Kyle and "Jeff" saying they'd be with Selena and then her reminding them they're married.

I'm not up to date on Bratz -- Are they still a thing? -- so I was wondering if they really have a theme song. I was surprised that Selena wasn't funnier in this.

Old Enough was great. I had watched the first ep of the Japanese show. 

I liked A Peek at Pico. I thought the characters were pretty good, though it wasn't really that funny.

The theater sketch was good. 

Yay for Steve Martin! Aidy was also excellent.

I have a hard time NOT seeing Chuckie when I see Sarah. At times she also reminded me of Billie Jean King. Must be the hair.

I wish I liked The Three Princesses more. It was a pretty good idea. My favorite part:
Mikey: Ooo, what happens at midnight?
Kenan: It's just so late.

I kind of liked the He By that Bitch House sketch. 

The high school counselors sketch was bad. Why would counselors tell students to be models? It made no sense. I got the feeling Selena had said she's good at looking like a model, or something like that, so the writers worked it into a sketch. No bueno.

The last sketch with the babies was a bit aimless. 

I FF thru Post Malone's performances.

That Was The Whole Idea WAs That The Student Would Want To Be Famous So They Would Want To Be A Model, But, The Guidance Counselor Would Insist That They Have To Get An Education And Get A Good Job OR Have A Career ! This Was A Twist Having The Guidance Counselor Telling The Student To Be A Model And Make Money And The Student Wanted To Have A Good Career ! 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:36 PM, cinsays said:

I didn't like much of anything about this episode. 

Yeah, Selena does have a very flat and unattractive speaking voice, in my opinion. 

I like Post Malone but I would have preferred another of his songs to this one.

The only thing I liked at all was the last bit with the twins, but even that was not great.

Hopefully, next week will be better.

What About Mikey Day Going On Those Errands By Himself ?