Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Memory

• Start Topic

Voight and the team delve into a cold case in search of clues to solve a shocking new crime. With its focus on buried memories, the case sparks concern for Burgess and Ruzek about Makayla’s mental healing.

Airdate: 05/11/2022

(edited)

This was a really good episode.  Everybody got some screen time and the plot was good enough to keep me interested.

I really felt so sorry for Daniel and the end had me crying.  I'm glad he got to at least see his parents.

The perp was very creepy.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I really felt so sorry for David and the end had me crying.  I'm glad he got to at least see his parents.

I think you mean Daniel.

• Love 1
(edited)

The case was certainly interesting however it lacked a little oomph or suspense for me. I kept waiting for something to kick off. However it was a nice change of pace. I am glad that Daniel got his answers, at first I thought he might be the baddie in all this.

Do Blondie & her husband actually know each other? Have they met? What a complete waste of a storyline. I mean I don't give a fat rat's clacker about them, but seriously what actually was the point of the ridiculous wedding?

As for Burzek, sigh....... Sure Adam, buy your childhood home for your ex who doesn't know what she wants & her daughter, but you live in your shitty apartment still. Dumbest, most contrived plot yet for these two. It's like giving fans Burzek without actually giving them anything. 

I honestly thought Adam would be the one to resist admitting that Mak may have issues, not Kim. I found her disengagement in that opening scene really odd. I still say that Adam is the one character that has bonded with Mak more than Kim. They've spent more time on his relationship with her and neglected Kim's relationship with her. 

If the idea of the writers was to show Adam's growth then fair play, but we know they aren't that good and they've fallen into it by accident while trying to keep Burzek at arms length for some bizarre reason.

Usually shows have one 'on' couple & one 'off' couple & this show has what? A whole lot of nothing. If the plan to keep Burzek apart It certainly hasn't been to showcase the Borestead's. 

A stronger outing, more balanced for character interactions, (except Kev of course, who needs to wear red now to be noticed) but it's all just window dressing while they continue to cram every single bit of personal development into one episode ignore it for weeks on end.

The centric episodes need to end.

Edited by Guildford
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Guildford said:

The case was certainly interesting however it lacked a little oomph or suspense for me. I kept waiting for something to kick off. However it was a nice change of pace. I am glad that Daniel got his answers, at first I thought he might be the baddie in all this.

Do Blondie & her husband actually know each other? Have they met? What a complete waste of a storyline. I mean I don't give a fat rat's clacker about them, but seriously what actually was the point of the ridiculous wedding?

As for Burzek, sigh....... Sure Adam, buy your childhood home for your ex who doesn't know what she wants & her daughter, but you live in your shitty apartment still. Dumbest, most contrived plot yet for these two. It's like giving fans Burzek without actually giving them anything. 

I honestly thought Adam would be the one to resist admitting that Mak may have issues, not Kim. I found her disengagement in that opening scene really odd. I still say that Adam is the one character that has bonded with Mak more than Kim. They've spent more time on his relationship with her and neglected Kim's relationship with her. 

If the idea of the writers was to show Adam's growth then fair play, but we know they aren't that good and they've fallen into it by accident while trying to keep Burzek at arms length for some bizarre reason.

Usually shows have one 'on' couple & one 'off' couple & this show has what? A whole lot of nothing. If the plane to keep Burzek apart It certainly hasn't been to showcase the Borestead's. 

A stronger outing, more balanced for character interactions, (except Kev of course, who needs to wear red now to be noticed) but it's all just window dressing while they continue to cram every single bit of personal development into one episode ignore it for weeks on end.

The centric episodes need to end.

Apparently there’s going to be a lot of Jay and Hailey in the last 2 episodes. I think we haven’t seen a lot of them due to them featuring a lot in the first half of the season. 

The best thing this show could do is get rid off the character led episodes. That said last nights episode was really good and enjoyed the case. Nice change of pace. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Chicagopdfan said:

Apparently there’s going to be a lot of Jay and Hailey in the last 2 episodes. I think we haven’t seen a lot of them due to them featuring a lot in the first half of the season. 

So which theme will evolve: "Marriage On The Rocks" or "You're Having My Baby"

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chicagopdfan said:

The best thing this show could do is get rid off the character led episodes. That said last nights episode was really good and enjoyed the case. Nice change of pace. 

I mean personally I am glad we've seen nothing of them, & I will probably not even bother downloading the final two episodes, the Anna storyline isn't finale worthy, it's been too sporadic to develop any real attachment to Anna, and the bad guy just isn't interesting enough.

It's ridiculous how they write this show now. They didn't even say one word to each other last night, they have made them soulless. IF you just picked up this show in the second half of the season, without reading anything about it you wouldn't even know they are friends let alone husband & wife. The writing of relationships on this show is either 200% or less than zero. 

• Love 4

Delayed watching, totally forgot about this episode.

This is one of the best episodes in this season because of the COTW, it’s captivating. It’s so much better than the usual drug and gang related cases with lame CIs thrown into the mix. Daniel finally has the much deserving closure, and family videos too.

Adam needs to grow some balls and not letting Kim to dictate every important decisions re their living situation. What’s wrong with living together at the new 3-bedrooms apartment? Wouldn’t it be easier for Kim if Adam lives with them since she has been treating him as her baby sitter, conveniently. And now Adam wants to purchase his childhood home for Kim and Mack to stay? Dude, wake-up! Open your eyes, geez! 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

As usual, Kevin’s presence was kept at minimal. Ugh. 👎🏻

• Love 3

Not touching the Adam/Kim thing. But I do wonder if a former Criminal Minds writer had a hand in this story. Absolutely felt like something that would lead to 'wheels up in 30'.

• Love 1

Couldn't quite figure out how/why nobody seemed to know if Daniel's parents were actually dead, really named Smith, etc. They turned out to be just regular people on vacation. Wouldn't an employer or neighbors have come forward when they went missing?