Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Worst Prom Ever

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

This episode was fun. Nathan finally gets pulled into the Scooby Gang (or whatever they would call themselves; Annabelle would probably regard Buffy like anthropologists looking at cave paintings), Naomi displays a power that I can easily identify (rushing from place to place to stop a dead man's switch explosion), and we get set up for the finale next week.

How are the ratings? CBR just put out an article suggesting the cancellations of Legends of Tomorrow and Batwoman improve the odds of Naomi getting a second season. That's a lot of pressure. As much as I like Naomi, Annabelle and Dee, I don't think losing Alice, Mary and Sara could be considered worth the cost.

Honestly think the show is getting better and steadily finding it's groove. Helps a lot that everyone is on the same page now, and that we're getting more answers about Naomi's past.

Thought they had a pretty good mix of actual prom stuff and superhero stuff. Annabelle and Jacob are so cute!

Nathan took in the situation and all the reveals remarkably well. I think this is the first time I've seen The Hero do the Breakup with The Love Interest for their safety and The Love Interest is like, "I totally understand and support you". Probably not what a real teen boy would say, but I really appreciated the speech nonetheless. The actors really sold it.

Of course the episode that showed us the most of the Naomi/Nathan relationship is also the one where they break up.  😭

Kinda wanted the adults to be more active with the force field/Julian part of the plot, but on the other hand, I did like that Naomi (mostly) had to handle the situation on her own.

Kind of a cheat to have Naomi suddenly have superspeed exactly when she needed it the most; but what bothers me more is how the show hasn't explored her powers much at all so far.

• Love 1

Naomi was so angry at her parents for not telling her the whole story, but she wasn't telling Nathan the whole story, either. Hmmn....

Why is Nathan in more danger than Annabelle or Jacob or any of the other people in Naomi's circle? Why did she trust him less? 

I was amazed to see the teens on a tv show say they would wait for the adults to rescue them. I kind of liked it. But then of course, Naomi is a superhero, so that didn't work out-- but I liked that, too. 

The adults really are kind of hapless on this show, though. It's kind of funny to watch them dither and weepily apologize while the teens are all "we forgive you, we're fine, we got this."

• Love 2

Admittedly teenage boys might not always be the brightest bulbs out there a lot of times, but Nathan making fun of comic books to a girl who was literally browsing in a comic book store (and clearly knew what she was talking about) was some Grade A dimness right there.

Glad that Nathan is looped in at least: especially since Naomi can not lie to save her life.  Of course, that means that they're now doing the whole "can't be together because it's dangerous" thing, which never, ever works.  Once the baddies know you care about someone, they'll still go after them even if you aren't "official" anymore.

I'm guessing it was a contractual thing with the actor, but Anthony absence at the school dance was noticeable (at least Lourdes makes sense due to not being in school anymore.)

Annabelle and Jacob are still awesome.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith is now considered a "classic?"  Getting older sucks!

• Love 2

I wish they'd settle on whether Naomi, Zumbado, etc. are aliens from a planet that just happens to be called Earth-29 but is in the same universe as Earth they are currently on, or are empowered Earthlings, just from an Earth in an alternate universe. If she is a comics geek, Naomi should be well aware of the difference.

6 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

I wish they'd settle on whether Naomi, Zumbado, etc. are aliens from a planet that just happens to be called Earth-29 but is in the same universe as Earth they are currently on, or are empowered Earthlings, just from an Earth in an alternate universe. If she is a comics geek, Naomi should be well aware of the difference.

I feel like they gave us the answer in the Zumbado backstory episode ... even though I can't recall; but I agree, the show has been annoying vague about it.

Rewatched this recently, and I think I'll miss most of this cast out of everything. They did great with casting the teenage characters, and I hope I see some of them again in bigger projects. Especially Kaci.