E07: Pressure Test Challenge - Adriano Zumbo

E08: Team Relay + Masterclass

E09: Immunity Challenge - Beat Matt Stone

Eliminated
(1)  Chris Tran (Fans)
(2)  Dulan Hapuarachchi (Fans)

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 1

Is anyone else craving jaffles now?  Some of those looked amazing even without being able to smell the no doubt delicious aromas.

Trust Melanie to not want to take part in the jaffle challenge, but Christina and Jenn showed you COULD make jaffles without bread, gluten free or otherwise.  I'm starting to really dislike her because she so belabours the point about being coeliac.  We.get.it.already!

Not sure what happened with Harry's brain explosion tonight when her desire to satisfy the "story" part of the brief seemed to make her forget about how things should actually taste and that she's in a cooking competition. 

It sucks that Chris Tran is the first one eliminated because I really quite liked him, but it really does show the advantage that the Favourites have in that a lot of them have already done multiple elimination challenges so naturally they are going to handle the pressure far better.  This will even out in time but you'd think that we can expect a lot more Fans to be eliminated in the early stages.  Probably won't happen, though, because you know how Masterchef likes its symmetry of contestant pools.

• Love 1
(edited)

22 jaffles for the judges, happy day for Jock huh! And I pity the crews who have to clean Christina’s jaffle maker afterwards. 😂

Re elimination, I thought Harry’s dish was the worst - too many flaws, bland and uninspired with undercooked lentils & under seasoned pumpkin. But I guess MCAU doesn’t want her to be the 3rd person in a row to be eliminated with a pin after Dani and Therese. People at Twitter are already calling her the judges’ pet.

4 hours ago, katisha said:

Trust Melanie to not want to take part in the jaffle challenge, but Christina and Jenn showed you COULD make jaffles without bread, gluten free or otherwise.  I'm starting to really dislike her because she so belabours the point about being coeliac.  We.get.it.already!

I can’t believe how quick she raised her hand to be excluded from the jaffle challenge, without discussing it first with the whole team. Or was there any off-screen discussion that we didn’t get to see?

I want to eat Steph’s cake, it looks yummy!

EFB64175-19DD-4963-96E9-ED44336FEE4C.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 1

Oh, noes - Julie is in the elimination challenge. We all know she's not going anywhere but how much of tomorrow's episode is going to focus on her? I'm gonna guess 75% win, lose or draw!

11 hours ago, katisha said:

Ben! I thought he'd stopped forever. His recaps are great but for my money the best ones were Karl Quinn. He did them way back when and I've never laughed so hard reading a recap. He was hilarious and brutal, especially when it came to slagging off George.

• Love 1

Zumbo's Polly Want A Waffle doesn’t look appetising to me, and lacks of wow factor as well.

Alvin and his Zumbo’s PTSD is real, glad he survives.

No sighting of Harry for the past 2 episodes. Yay, happy day! 👍🏻😆

Mel clinging onto Jock makes me giggle…😂😂😂

242058B0-1684-462C-9C61-28529898F9EC.jpeg

For the next challenge, everybody should avoid having John and Tommy in their team. Both screwed up so badly in their respective team relay! 🤣

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Great marketing OR pure trolling? 🤔 

If John does something with white chocolate tonight, I'm going to be forced to question his actual sanity if I don't believe the producers are putting him up to it!

51 minutes ago, katisha said:

If John does something with white chocolate tonight, I'm going to be forced to question his actual sanity if I don't believe the producers are putting him up to it!

The faves make him a team leader. Since he will cook first, he can’t mess up their menu, again. Will he come up with a menu featuring white chocolate? 😆

• LOL 1
On 4/24/2022 at 12:50 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

EFB64175-19DD-4963-96E9-ED44336FEE4C.jpeg

Every. Time. someone makes a cake, Andy declares that he doesn't like cake but he likes this cake. After four seasons of liking every cake he has tried, I think it's time for Andy to just admit that he likes cake. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Sashi with straight face, suggested John to be the 1st person to cook. We can see what you’re doing bruh! 😱😆😂

Andy praised Billie (grey team) for putting Thai chicken curry in a bowl really well, hmmm! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Is burnt cabbage the new granita in MCAU? 🤔

Nice technique from Rosheen Kaul (Etta)!

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm really enjoying the show! Glad to see it back without many Covid restrictions. Life almost feels normal again!!!

I guess you won’t be watching Beat Matt Stone immunity challenge today?

22 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I guess you won’t be watching Beat Matt Stone immunity challenge today?

Is it worth watching? 

I find that with this show I just need to get used to it! The first week the editing annoyed me but now it's like I've learnt to tune out all the sappy stuff.

I like Andy but to me it's so weird that he's judging Billy. I find him endearing as a judge but some of the favorites are so much better than him imo!!! 

I'm up to the waffle episode. That waffle does not look appealing at all!!!

Give me that fluffy sponge cake by the fan contestant any day!!!

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I find that with this show I just need to get used to it! The first week the editing annoyed me but now it's like I've learnt to tune out all the sappy stuff.

We may need to brace ourselves for more “stories” from Julie and Harry.

When Harry Met Julie… 😆

I like Andy but to me it's so weird that he's judging Billy. I find him endearing as a judge but some of the favorites are so much better than him imo!!! 

Andy can be a jerk sometimes. In yesterday’s team relay, he purposely screamed “no taco” when Max decided to take it off their menu. Yes Andy, we get it, you love your taco!

In season 12 - Twist Week, during a service challenge, when Jess and Reynolds decided not to use Emilia’s choux buns, he quickly (and loudly) told Emilia about it. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm up to the waffle episode. That waffle does not look appealing at all!!!

Give me that fluffy sponge cake by the fan contestant any day!!!

That waffle looks like a cardboard in a glance.

I want to see whether Harry can make desserts.

25 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is it worth watching? 

Is the promo poster attractive enough? 😂

• LOL 1

@SnazzyDaisy I finished the relay episode and now I know what you're talking about regarding Andy being a jerk.

He is not the most articulate judge. His appeal for me lies in the fact that he is endearing (or was before that ep). He was quite an a$$hole yelling out that taco thing!

I am almost catching up to you guys! Hopefully by next week I will be on schedule! 

• Love 2

Immunity Challenge:

Wow! I'm really happy that Billie and Michael both won immunity pins! Michael's dish looked especially mouthwatering! I'm surprised he didn't get a perfect 30/30 on the dish.

Andy trying to play mind games with Billie. Suck it, Andy! Glad she stuck to her guns and ignored him.

• Love 3

Hehe I am going to watch the Immunity challenge then! I like Michael and I like Billie!

Actually I don't mind Julie. I think she is quite matter of fact and humourous. I feel like the editing is trying to sell her and that's annoying because I really like Julie when I don't notice that they are trying to sell her! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

He is not the most articulate judge. His appeal for me lies in the fact that he is endearing (or was before that ep). He was quite an a$$hole yelling out that taco thing!

Andy’s strength is that he’s relatable, especially to the contestants. And he is not moody like Jock. Am glad that his vocabulary is improving. I cannot stand hearing him mentions “cracking dish” in every episode! 😂

39 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hehe I am going to watch the Immunity challenge then! I like Michael and I like Billie!

Also watch Alvin trying to “convert” Jock. 

47 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Actually I don't mind Julie. I think she is quite matter of fact and humourous. I feel like the editing is trying to sell her and that's annoying because I really like Julie when I don't notice that they are trying to sell her! 

Me too. I’d prefer watching Julie than Poh. Poh’s antics in MC kitchen are too much for me, especially her “pohsition”. Ugh.

Julie’s current editing doesn’t do her justice, hope it will improve over time. I also like watching Julie’s accessories, cute necklaces and earrings. She wore chilli earrings to chilli challenge! 😱

• Love 2

I'm sure it was a total coincidence that, after being absent from the show for nearly a decade, Zumbo happened to turn up for a Pressure Test with the only two people here who've done one of his pressure tests before and have exploitable trauma from it. Total coincidence. (He was in two episodes of season three but Michael won the right to skip the challenge both times, did the weird centrepiece team challenge in season four - where Mindy was partnered with Andy, as it happens - then hasn't been on the show since that boring Professionals season. They've done something like 600 episodes since the last time he was here.)

• Useful 1