Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: Dead Presidents

• Start Topic

Airing April 28, 2022:

When millions are stolen from one of Webb’s employees, he enlists Stabler and Donnelly to retrieve the cash and punish the thief. The task force takes an opportunity to nail down both Webb and the Brotherhood, but run into a dangerous obstacle. Bell must face the toll her job is taking on her marriage.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, edhopper said:

3 questions. Who set up Stabler? Does this mean the gun in Dad's shooting was a plant? And who asked for a Stabler/Benson crossover?

Don't know. Don't know.  And did anyone manage to stay awake for the last 10 minutes or so?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, The Wild Sow said:

And did anyone manage to stay awake for the last 10 minutes or so?

Did I miss something? The last I saw was Stabler rummaging through evidence boxes.

ETA: Why are evidence rooms depicted in such an unsecured manner??? Easily accessible, no security, and hardly ever a human on duty to stop intruders.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, preeya said:

Did I miss something? The last I saw was Stabler rummaging through evidence boxes.

Yeah, roughly 10 minutes of Stabler looking through evidence boxes while “dramatic music” played in the background. I kept dozing off! Then I’d wake up & rewind to see what I’d missed - which was basically nothing.

*Yawn*

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Yes, I get why they seem to be tying Stabler's undercover with Donnelly to questions about his dad but it's getting a bit overboard.

Who is setting him up?  Donnelly, someone in the brotherhood, heck even Webb?

Then you have the Nova's brother possibly getting ready to get her and himself killed by doing something stupid and Bell's wife going to work for a crook and thinking that she can just refuse to do what he asks.  How can she not see that he's only interested in her because of Bell and what she could do for them push-comes-to-shove as far as the police goes?

Not looking forward to next week...

• Love 5

If you missed it, the gun from the evidence room that was from his Dad's shooting is the same gun his Dad showed Stabler how to shoot with, from the home movies.

Bell tells wife his new boss is under investigation, and wife shrugs it off.

Last time someone shrugged off a warning was the new Governor who got his wife killed.

• Love 7

This undercover is a bit overkill at this point. What’s the end game? To nail Donnelly and crew and Webb? At what point? They’ve committed a dozen crimes at least thus far.

• Love 6

I feel like the “Elliot and dad” storyline is kind of overstretched at this point. It’s boring.

Donnelly and associates may have set Elliot up. Many aren’t happy of him being no. 2 and Donnelly is jealous of his new “bond” with Preston Webb.

Don’t really care about Ayanna’s wife and Nova’s brother. I want Cassandra Webb‼️

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Donnelly and associates may have set Elliot up. Many aren’t happy of him being no. 2 and Donnelly is jealous of his new “bond” with Preston Webb.

Donnelly's character fits the bill of being an untrustworthy piece of crap. Also, the retired detective that Stabler visited said that Donnelly's father was a scumbag. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, preeya said:

Donnelly's character fits the bill of being an untrustworthy piece of crap. Also, the retired detective that Stabler visited said that Donnelly's father was a scumbag. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

The retired detective, is he good or bad?

1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

The retired detective, is he good or bad?

I read him as a good guy. Although, if he was one of Donnelly's dad's guys, he could be pulling Stabler's chain.

The part I didn't fully understand was the video with the gun and the same gun being in the evidence box.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, preeya said:

The part I didn't fully understand was the video with the gun and the same gun being in the evidence box.

To protect his partner - Gus, Elliot’s dad used his own unregistered gun to shoot himself and that gun has been logged into evidence as the perp’s gun.

Possible narrative?

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

To protect his partner - Gus, Elliot’s dad used his own unregistered gun to shoot himself and that gun has been logged into evidence as the perp’s gun.

Possible narrative?

If that's the case, then the retired detective Stabler was talking to is lying and Donnelly may be telling the truth.

"Oh! What a tangled web we weave."

• Love 1

If Elliot Stabler's father, Det. Joseph Stabler, had used his personal gun to shoot himself in the leg to make it seem as though the perp had shot him, wouldn't the subsequent officer-involved shooting investigation reveal that was the case?  Would they not have tested the ballistics of the actual bullet that killed the perp?  Would they have awarded Stabler's dad the Combat Cross?  Gus told Elliot that the perp shot Joe Stabler and Stabler shot the perp.  He also said Frank Donnelly's father was a scumbag, which we know Frank is.  Is this all a cover up or was Stabler's dad a good cop?

• Love 2