Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Sandwich

• Start Topic

LOST IN THE PAST - As Mel (Melonie Diaz) works to regain control of her powers, a conspiracy theorist hobgoblin threatens the lives of everyone at the Blue Camellia. But when Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) and Kaela (Lucy Barrett) step in to help save the present, they end up getting stuck... in the past.

Original Airdate: April 8, 2022

FPkEKOsWQAILhqt?format=jpg&name=medium

FPj4i_EWQAAuxq_?format=jpg&name=medium

FPkEZzZWQAIyvi1?format=jpg&name=medium

FPj4iilXoAEaJLf?format=jpg&name=medium

While I think this was mostly a MEH episode. I will give credit where credit is due:

We finally get an episode where it is really primarily the sisters at the helm.

We end on the sisters which very rarely happens.

Points for continuity by having past magical peeps show up.

Even though I am annoyed at how fast Mel has remastered a NEW version of her powers within like 1 episode...I do like how said powers work.

But I dont know why we needed to get more backstory for whatshername by showing her past wife only to be like "we're going to start the romance storyline between her and Mel"

Maggie/Kaela sure do sound good but I am so over the trend of todays tv shows always making their actors break into song at least 1 episode a season.

Being able to defeat Mary Poppins so easily? Again. She just gives up with her squid thing gets a bit of a cut? Just let this be the last time we see anything involving this thing. I dont know how she took down anyone when she's so easily taken down.

This whole "anti-Charmed" magical channel is stupid. Gives me S8 feels but at least by S8 the sisters made a name for themselves and became selfish as hell that its believable that the magical community would be pissed. Here? These sisters have done next to knowing worthy of being known or expected to do anything.

Doing their version of a suicide bomber....half a point for trying but it failed. The character was lame. And we already will be in a similar situation next week from the looks of it.

I thought it was another decent episode. Maggie and Kaela singing Lady Marmalade was cute, and I enjoyed the reappearance of the purse lady. Nice continuity. And I'm always down for a time travel story. It's too bad the first three seasons sucked so hard because anyone who gave this a try has probably given up by now.

It does still annoy the hell out of me that these girls keep pulling spells out of their asses like they've been studying magic since they were little, instead of only having found out they were witches three years ago and have done little to no studying whatsoever that we have seen. "Oh I know a spell that will set off an alarm 96 years in the future." Really? How convenient. The show takes way too many shortcuts, and in this case they aren't even necessary. In the original series the COs learned how to write spells. They could simply have Maggie sit her ass down and think up a spell that would accomplish what she needs.

Right-wing magical radio was a little too on the nose, too.

• Love 4

The time travelling power could be interesting since the journey to the past was sort of fun.  Though I too was surprised Mel mastered it so quickly and easily.  

I don't get how that brainwashed by conspiracy video guy got in contact with the bartender girl and planned this whole elaborate scheme.  How did they even know the Charmed ones would happen to be at the bar.  I thought the Tallyman would have set up the candles.  

Speaking of the conspiracy videos, no one told the Charmed ones about them?  It sounded like several weeks had passed since the last episode.

I'm sort of curious about who the new sister's parents are.   

That Egyptian powder sure is handy.  Hopefully Maggie brought back as much as she could carry, though I'm not sure where she found it if the club owner lady wasn't back yet.  Did Kaela have to paint something? Was that so that no one would take down the painting for 90 years?  

Oh purse lady aka Gabrielle Rose, Canadian actress known best for her Hallmark movie appearances as the spinster aunt/dotty grandmother/evil neighbour. Sighting her usually is the tell tale sign of a Canadian production.  I’ve no idea how she has managed to make a career of playing only slight variations of what is hopefully not her actual personality.  

Edited by kb3
  • LOL 1