Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E14: Road Trippin’

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Why didn't Maggie and Winston travel to her if getting to Seattle was such an ordeal?

That's what I was thinking! Maybe the hospital there doesn't give out privileges willy-nilly like Grey Sloan does.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 4/1/2022 at 6:34 PM, statsgirl said:

They might well have leave time written into their contracts -- with notice given as presumably Derek, Meredith and Amelia gave. You can't just decide one day that you're quitting your job, as McIrish did, or you don't want to work until someone has evaluated you just because you have the yips based on a residency program that the board approved but that you have lost faith in.  Professionals don't just walk out at a moment's notice without getting someone to cover for them.

Even the cleaning staff have to give 2 weeks notice to quit.

Also not necessarily true. In the real world, in a white collar, professional job, it is common to give notice that morning and be gone by close of business. It happened to me when I was laid off (given 2 hours notice), and it happened when a boss of mine quit to take another job (she gave 6 hours notice). A third example, previously when I quit to take another job, they told me that I didn't have to stay two weeks and tried to force me out sooner (I hadn't wrapped up handing off my files yet though). 

I think that strict two weeks notice is a concept of the past.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I actually liked this episode, apart from Winston's brother.  He is a total douche.  Who in their right mind pretends to have died just to surprise their sibling because they think the result will be funny?  It was nice that it had a storyline to focus on a patient and not just the comings and goings of the hospital staff. 

Why do I feel Bailey (who is the crappiest chief ever - she has a panic attack every time something goes wrong, going as far back to when she was just a general surgeon and Meredith was the intern when one patient metabolised the anaesthetics fast and woke up open on the table and Bailey yelled and screamed and blamed Ben) is going to go back to general surgery and they will keep Grey and stop her from going to Minnesota by making her chief of surgery?  Before Covid, Meredith was a decent head of general surgery.  Mind you, she had decent interns in Stephanie and Jo and Penny and co. The current interns bore me.  As a whole, they bring me no "joy".  The new guy had potential, until he kissed Bailey.  That was creepy. 

Jo and Todd were cute this episode, but him not being a medical professional makes me struggle to see how they can make this a long term relationship.  Teddy telling her that she married a patient (Henry) for insurance purposes cracked me up, most likely because I am in the middle of watching season 7 for the upteenth time and Henry has just made his first appearance - I liked Henry and wished they could have kept him, but again, he wasn't part of the hospital, so a relationship outside of the hospital is difficult to show.  

The last few episodes have been meh with too much time spent in Minnesota/with Minnesota characters, why is Webber stepping back until he is cleared?  I don't understand.  

I liked grouchy Owen.  I personally think he should have sent out the attendings too, surely Amelia should have been overseeing her staff?  No idea who the other fillers were, but I am sure they had patients too?  Especially with a shortage of staff and Grey being sick.  Bailey needs to step up and lay down the law a little bit more, too many people are doing whatever they please.  

In terms of the residency program, I would have thought the board would have been notified, rather than Bailey?  I guess it's a bit hard to have a board meeting without Callie and Arizona and there was no discussion of who got Derek's place on the board either.  Not to mention Jackson isn't there either and he held the head position.  It was only ever Cristina's shares that passed to Alex and Alex left them for Jo and Jo sold them to Korascic.  That was a mouthful and a half going through all that.  Random thought though, how does Korascic get a seat on the board when Alex didn't have one, the board voted Bailey in even though Alex held the shares?  

I do have to say, Maggie is so much not annoying anymore now that Winston is in the picture.  He has made her much more likeable.  I do like him too though.  

I also loved the Amelia and Owen interactions.  When he was demanding to be reinstated and she threw the pen at him was hilarious.  Especially when she told him he could keep it.  

Meredith being sick and not calling in was very irresponsible.  Her ignoring the phone calls and messages from Minnesota didn't bother me half as much, and Zola answering her phone for her was classic, also something my 12 year old would reply to when asked something on the phone too :D Their interactions (Zola and Meredith) were sweet, but I am agreeing with others, 12 year olds don't want to blindly follow their parents!  We moved 4 years ago, and if we had to move again now, my 12 year old would happily go to 2 places, 1.  being where we moved from previously as she still talks to her friends all the time and 2. where my family live as she would love to live near her cousins, but anywhere else and she would be demanding to stay here.  

• Love 4
On 4/1/2022 at 1:39 PM, RedbirdNelly said:

agreed with others that this was dull

I could not see getting on to Owen for yelling at the residents to go do their jobs. You don't just opt to watch surgery if you are supposed to be assisting with another surgery. Can they not film this stuff? I don't see how you can see much of anything from that gallery anyway.

Agreed. I couldn't believe she used that against him. Also, yes, their residency program is crap but does the lady just do zero investigation and decides to shut it down based on complaints? 

• Love 1