Type keyword(s) to search

Live Well Network

Milz
  • Start Topic

I'm heartbroken. I learned that the Live Well Network will be no more mid January 2015.

My favorite show was Motion. Motion is probably the best travel show on tv because it's stuff anyone can do without a huge vacation budget.

Joey Fatone's My Family Recipe Rocks grew on me, so did Sweet Retreats and Knock It Off.

• Love 1

Seems like there's been a lot of channel turnover going on (G4 and Style replaced by Esquire, a Fox Sports channel replace by FXX, bio by fyi) so it seems that execs are willing to pull the plug rather than keep adding channels.

I'd notice Live Well when I was channel surfing and it always seemed like they were showing infomercial type programming, or it looked that way.

That news does make me sad. I love Sweet Retreats.  Still, I didn't stop in for much other than that due to the overwhelming amount of infomercials. Now I'm sad that I didn't watch Motion. It looked more like a show for folks who are more outdoorsy than I am. I am down for budget-conscious fun though.

Cobb, they do show infomercials, but they have "original programming" like Motion (a travel show), Knock It Off (DIY interior decorating on a budget) and My Family Recipe Rocks. I don't know how to describe Sweet Retreats. It sounds really lame on paper because vacationers are shown 3 properties to rent while on vacation. But I think it's a good show because it gives me decorating ideas for my home, lol.

Actionmage, Motion is great. They go to different National Parks and a couple of international places and hike/camp. It's not intimidating either because they hike trails and they don't use any fancy equipment. So it makes it look like anyone can do it. After the shows, the kids are always begging us to bring them to one of the local parks to walk the trails. The other plus (in my opinion) is the host, Greg, is easy on the eyes ;-)  But he's also down to earth.  They have the episodes on the LiveWell network website. I hope they offer it to PBS.

• Love 1

Thanks, Milz, I went to their website and see they have episodes of Motion posted. I've travelled to a bunch of National Parks so I'm going to check these episodes out.

It's a shame that series is no more because they had plans to travel to ALL of the National Parks in the US.  Most of the parks they've done are West Coast, and they did a handful of parks on the East Coast.

SeriousPurrs, we don't have cable. But maybe the episodes will be on a website?

• Love 1

It's almost March and Living Well Network is still around...so so much for it going away in January. Anyone know what gives?

Current shows will air 'til April. After that, no new shows will be produced and by then, affiliates will start dropping it. Although I also read that ABC Owned and Operated stations may keep the channel on a bit longer (why, I don't know since, as I said, no new material will be produced after April).

So says Wikipedia about it all.

It's almost March and Living Well Network is still around...so so much for it going away in January. Anyone know what gives?

I read that there was some clause in the contract that prevented the Scripps Howard owned stations from dropping it in January. So it will be on air until April at the Scripps Howard owned stations. And then it will convert to LAFF, an all comedy station.

• Love 1

Not here (Time Warner Cable/Albany, NY - WTEN subchannel 10-3/Digital channel 1241). Just checked, and there is now just a blue screen which says, "This station is no longer broadcasting."

Considering it was ORIGINALLY supposed to go under in January, it managed another 5 months, so...

It does make me wonder if the channel will remain blank or if we'll get LAFF or whatever at some point.

Before LWN on this channel, we had RTV/RetroTV, but lost it for LWN. Around here, in terms of subchannels, we have ThisTV, MeTV, and Grit TV that I've seen. May have to rescan to see if there are more...

• Love 1